Xperia Pro I

ALacs

Reaction score
i just collected mine from westgate sony leh....but i forgot one thing, Pro-I no wireless charging function...alamak

altca4

Reaction score
How's the photo shoot?
I cant be bothered to attach photos so take my comments with a pinch of salt.

I will compare it with 3-4 phones
I have been using Vivo X70P+ (imo, i crown this one as the king of human subject and night shots for phone camera of 2021)
Pixel6p (king of HDR and complicated contrasty shots of 2021 but on the flip side this one is the worst in terms of over processing... my fluffy pomsky's fur looks really fake lol)
s21U (king of long zoom for 2021 but the shutter lag is bit of a turn off and slower than the rest mentioned here)
and lastly
X1iii (if you dont do post shot processing, this one easily produce the worst shots out of the box of the phones mentioned here
but before XPi, this one is the king of autofocus and snappy shot. Their photos generally contain more info for post processing vs other phones)

After playing with XPi last night and abit earlier this afternoon,
XPi (only commenting on the main camera with the 1inch sensor)
Still image:
-king of AF and snappy shot
-their 20fps is peerless currently
(the above are mostly true in good to mid light thanks to the 60% used 1inch sensor, this sensor covers a lot of ground vs X1iii in light of Sony's weak computation. I wont argue if Sony purposely did that or not, you get it. )
-but in low light, p6p and v70p+ both have a good chance of winning, the much stronger computational portion still win. But this gap is much much smaller if you compared to X1iii
-still tend to overexposed (like a camera does) when the lights and shadow are challenging
-thanks to its much lesser focus on computation, shots of the skyline and furry pets are much more natural
-zoom is only 6.3X max (digital) while optical is 2.1X (equivalent to a 50mm lens), so dont bother...
-still is the most post-shoot processing friendly

-the variable aperture of f2 and f4 is a must to highlight, it is effective and good
-now we have a choice of less blurring
-a choice for sharper image if the lightings allow
-we can take better foodie shots now
-this is noticeable and impactful unlike Samsung's take on the aperture (was that S9?), that one is mostly useless

For good to mid light, I think XPi will win other phones if you bother to process.
Out of the box wise, it is a flip flop fight with the top dogs.

Low light wise, while it is quite noticeably better than X1iii, out of the box, dependent on the audience, most consumers, probably like 70% will prefer the p6p or X70p+. (
The remaining 25% will prefer the natural rendition while the last 5% will spend more effort to process to come up with a champion shot (those are the pro lah)

In conclusion, if you like to tweak your images and spend more time with them, XPi is really good (a significant step ahead of X1iii)

Video,
not really my cup of tea but I noticed:
-better stabilization (there with the top dogs)
-AF is good and with the sensor, it reliably stick to a sharp human subject
-still bad with the challenging lightings (like overexposing backlights alike cameras)
-voice separation from noise is great!!!

-i didnt bother to process/tweak videos, too much work, so no comments

Oh ya, the selfie camera is just there for convenience, it is not exactly bad but never good... lol

Last edited:

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
anyone ordered from 313 Sony? got called liao?

I cant be bothered to attach photos so take my comments with a pinch of salt after playing with XPi last night and abit earlier this afternoon.

I will compare it with 3-4 phones
I have been using Vivo X70P+ (imo, i crown this one as the king of human subject and night shots for phone camera of 2021)
Pixel6p (king of HDR and complicated contrasty shots of 2021 but on the flip side this one is the worst in terms of over processing... my fluffy pomsky's fur looks really fake lol)
s21U (king of long zoom for 2021 but the shutter lag is bit of a turn off and slower than the rest mentioned here)
and lastly
X1iii (if you dont do post shot processing, this one easily produce the worst shots out of the box of the phones mentioned here
but before XPi, this one is the king of autofocus and snappy shot. Their photos generally contain more info for post processing vs other phones)

XPi (only commenting on the main camera with the 1inch sensor)
Still image:
-king of AF and snappy shot
-their 20fps is peerless currently
(the above are mostly true in good to mid light thanks to the 60% used 1inch sensor, this sensor covers a lot of ground vs X1iii in light of Sony's weak computation. I wont argue if Sony purposely did that or not, you get it. )
-but in low light, p6p and v70p+ both have a good chance of winning, the much stronger computational portion still win. But this gap is much much smaller if you compared to X1iii
-still tend to overexposed (like a camera does) when the lights and shadow are challenging
-thanks to its much lesser focus on computation, shots of the skyline and furry pets are much more natural
-zoom is only 6.3X max (digital) while optical is 2.1X (equivalent to a 50mm lens), so dont bother...
-still is the most post-shoot processing friendly

-the variable aperture of f2 and f4 is a must to highlight, it is effective and good
-now we have a choice of less blurring
-a choice for sharper image if the lightings allow
-we can take better foodie shots now
-this is noticeable and impactful unlike Samsung's take on the aperture (was that S9?), that one is mostly useless

For good to mid light, I think XPi will win other phones if you bother to process.
Out of the box wise, it is a flip flop fight with the top dogs.

Low light wise, while it is quite noticeably better than X1iii, out of the box, dependent on the audience, most consumers, probably like 70% will prefer the p6p or X70p+. (
The remaining 25% will prefer the natural rendition while the last 5% will spend more effort to process to come up with a champion shot (those are the pro lah)

In conclusion, if you like to tweak your images and spend more time with them, XPi is really good (a significant step ahead of X1iii)

Video,
not really my cup of tea but I noticed:
-better stabilization (there with the top dogs)
-AF is godly and with the sensor, it reliably stick to a sharp human subject
-still bad with the challenging lightings (like overexposing backlights alike cameras)
-voice separation from noise is great!!!

-i didnt bother to process/tweak videos, too much work, so no comments

Oh ya, the selfie camera is just there for convenience, it is not exactly bad but never good... lol
Ditto. But I got not much time to play with. For me I think mi11ultra is like v70pro+ to pro I . And I tried taking pictures of my girl running around. I am impressed.

Did u buy the vlog kit? The cable is short and hard ****. And u got your screen protector and cover liao? I saw the cover in Sony... 110 ****

altca4

Reaction score
Ditto. But I got not much time to play with. For me I think mi11ultra is like v70pro+ to pro I . And I tried taking pictures of my girl running around. I am impressed.

Did u buy the vlog kit? The cable is short and hard ****. And u got your screen protector and cover liao? I saw the cover in Sony... 110 ****
I bought the SP and Case from mobilelite, he has very quick availability of exotic and rarer phones accessories unlike your general retailers which is all sammy and fruity. His QC is mostly good too so get my supplies from him occasionally (from quite a number of years back).

neh, the vlog kit is... a commercially expensive and technologically poorman's workaround... I despise it, Lol

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought the SP and Case from mobilelite, he has very quick availability of exotic and rarer phones accessories unlike your general retailers which is all sammy and fruity. His QC is mostly good too so get my supplies from him occasionally (from quite a number of years back).

neh, the vlog kit is... a commercially expensive and technologically poorman's workaround... I despise it, Lol
Don't despise me! Hahah I find it useful at least for me when I vlog w my kiddo haha. Thanks I'll look for mobile lite. It does have a hole at the back to cater for the mic right?

altca4

Reaction score
Don't despise me! Hahah I find it useful at least for me when I vlog w my kiddo haha. Thanks I'll look for mobile lite. It does have a hole at the back to cater for the mic right?
Yes, the cutting is there precisely for the transparent case that I got.

No lah, we're fellow fan consumers, equal in all sense. I fell in love with smart phone photography due to my mini mes too.

The beef is with Sony, while XPi is quite the technological marvel (really one good leap from X1iii imaging technology wise),
the vLog kit is just so lame in terms of execution (imo). Poor execution + premium price is a bad combination (I find XPi worthy in comparison)

berber

Master Member
Reaction score

is it the official leather case? $110? which outlet did you saw it at

elementz

Master Member
Reaction score
played with the phone today at Westgate. Really like the overall build of the phone. The sides very textured and nice to touch. The shutter very responsive.

Managed to snap a pic and transferred to my own phone.

NgUsFMc.jpg

QYAbYA0.jpg

Guess which is Xpro and which is P6

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, the cutting is there precisely for the transparent case that I got.

No lah, we're fellow fan consumers, equal in all sense. I fell in love with smart phone photography due to my mini mes too.

The beef is with Sony, while XPi is quite the technological marvel (really one good leap from X1iii imaging technology wise),
the vLog kit is just so lame in terms of execution (imo). Poor execution + premium price is a bad combination (I find XPi worthy in comparison)
Ya I was quite surprised by the xpi. Will not miss my kids shots liao.
But did u use the lens sticker? I find got flare/bloom....

Just my protectors from Jimmy. Quite a nice guy

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
played with the phone today at Westgate. Really like the overall build of the phone. The sides very textured and nice to touch. The shutter very responsive.

NgUsFMc.jpg

QYAbYA0.jpg

Top is p6? Magenta tint. I find our sensor more warm.

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
is it the official leather case? $110? which outlet did you saw it at
Yeah at 313. If u r surprised at the price maybe I hear wrongly. I switched off after hearing a hundred....( Of cos ppl might say u spend 2k+ on a phone... 100+ is nothing lol)

But yeah stock wise, 313

altca4

Reaction score

NgUsFMc.jpg

QYAbYA0.jpg

Bottom is xpi, it’s main lens have a wider angle compared to the rest.
I think the images are quite capped/compressed via Hwz attachment or we should see more difference.
With enough light, xpi is a beast!

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score

NgUsFMc.jpg

QYAbYA0.jpg

Pro I is the top picture?

elementz

Master Member
Reaction score

NgUsFMc.jpg

QYAbYA0.jpg

Top is XPi, bottom is P6.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.