Xperia Pro I

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
For such a price range and coming from a brand like Sony, they should just do a 1 on 1 on the spot imo…
That's why I am tulanz... And till now no news.. message them no reply fall them say not ready

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
Have been testing the video recording more lately and I noticed that it overheats rather quickly when I shoot in 4k, to the extent that the recording will stop and a warning will pop out and forces the app to shut down. Did you guys experienced the same?

Toader

Master Member
Reaction score
Have been testing the video recording more lately and I noticed that it overheats rather quickly when I shoot in 4k, to the extent that the recording will stop and a warning will pop out and forces the app to shut down. Did you guys experienced the same?
Very common for 4k videos to overheat especially with snapdragon 888 processor (heater processor). Even 1II overheats with snapdragon 865 (manufactured by TSMC ) under a sunny day filming. For this years flagship is rumoured to be snapdragon 8Gen1 processor (an even hotter heater again than snapdragon 888, thanks to Samsung )

altca4

Reaction score
While 888 is notorious for the heat it generates and @Toader is right to say that 4k recordings tend to heat up smart phones quickly, I do feel that the pro I heats up faster than norm.
Nothing deal breaking for me as I have rarely any occasions that call for continuous 4k shooting for >10min.
For those who require, perhaps you can workaround via intervals?

altca4

Reaction score
Just collected. Seemed like after 5 days they decided to swop a new phone for me....
glad to hear that! Hope all's good from hence.

Sigh, Pro-i have like zero support from the more branded phone cases.
I wanted to get a more decent case but could not find any really quality ones.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
glad to hear that! Hope all's good from hence.

Sigh, Pro-i have like zero support from the more branded phone cases.
I wanted to get a more decent case but could not find any really quality ones.
check amazon japan site.. got plenty to choose

loveydot84

Reaction score
Phones usually need a couple of firmware updates to optimise & tame the overheating issues. Since the Pro-i is still very new I think might take months.

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
While 888 is notorious for the heat it generates and @Toader is right to say that 4k recordings tend to heat up smart phones quickly, I do feel that the pro I heats up faster than norm.
Nothing deal breaking for me as I have rarely any occasions that call for continuous 4k shooting for >10min.
For those who require, perhaps you can workaround via intervals?
Yup, definitely faster than norm. Is quite a challenge to shoot outdoors on a hot sunny day. As for indoors I only managed to record 4-5 minutes and the thermal limit seems to be around 50c before warning popups appear and eventual app shutdown. I think on this part it's quite disappointing given that its also marketed as a videography phone.

altca4

Reaction score
Yup, definitely faster than norm. Is quite a challenge to shoot outdoors on a hot sunny day. As for indoors I only managed to record 4-5 minutes and the thermal limit seems to be around 50c before warning popups appear and eventual app shutdown. I think on this part it's quite disappointing given that its also marketed as a videography phone.
Hope the software/firmware tweakings will help a little down the road (20-30% perhaps?) but imo this is likely to be a hardware and design limitations. (I am quite impressed with the timely and monthly software update, this is beating my pixel 6 pro's update frequency!)

We are looking at an experimental POC of a solid 1" camera sensor built into a (still) fairly light and slim smart phone afterall.
Let us enjoy this rare phone for now and look forward to V2 and V3 of it :LOL:

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't say 4 5 mins... 10 secs for me, trying to film my toddler playing in the swimming pool under the son ...
It overheated... Already offed everything(radio, bt) except the camera., Still cannot.
I stop short of dumping it into the water... Lol

altca4

Reaction score
Don't say 4 5 mins... 10 secs for me, trying to film my toddler playing in the swimming pool under the son ...
It overheated... Already offed everything(radio, bt) except the camera., Still cannot.
I stop short of dumping it into the water... Lol
That’s super weird leh… did you encounter a lemon again?

Stanley W

Master Member
Reaction score
That’s super weird leh… did you encounter a lemon again?
Wahlao erh.... New cny liao don't curse me hahahah I have to say it's hot, the floor is burning...however that being said the mate20x still continue videoing ....

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wahlao erh.... New cny liao don't curse me hahahah I have to say it's hot, the floor is burning...however that being said the mate20x still continue videoing ....

Hahaha... Anyway, the hardware itself is known for higher temperature and if you are using camera under hot sun in tropical countries conditions, then it shouldn't be surprising for overheating.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.