Yen Exchange Rate Watch

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
dunno leh. but usually mustafa's rate is one of the better ones. comparable to the arcade or chinatown.

maybe they dun wan to reduce so fast, in case the rate go up again (touch wood :s13:). usually when there is a lot of fluctuation, the moneychangers will be slow to adjust, and there will be a big gap between the buy and sell rate. once the rates stabilize, then they adjust and narrow the gap.
really? i normally change at the chinese $changer at chinatown. compared rates a few time and they seemed to give better rates than arcade.
 

stars87

Master Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
4,894
Reaction score
0
ohh, thanks! u work near arcade?

nope. on my way to NUS. haha, long daily commute.

@evilerniex.

another possibility is that the money changers got alot of stock of yen at the high prices, so they not willing to cut down / follow big market fluctuations. but rather, allow the yen to drop slowly and slightly so their losses wont be that bad, can average out their cost.
 

redemption

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
Messages
258
Reaction score
0
I just changed $1000 at the Arcade. The lowest rate I could find was 15.90.

I need to change more, so basically I'm just hoping the yen would drop further (the signs are there).
 

p00r_s0ul_83

Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2007
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
I just changed $1000 at the Arcade. The lowest rate I could find was 15.90.

I need to change more, so basically I'm just hoping the yen would drop further (the signs are there).

can let me know which money changer? getting my friend to change so maybe can narrow down.
 

redemption

Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2003
Messages
258
Reaction score
0
can let me know which money changer? getting my friend to change so maybe can narrow down.

Sure, it's the one near the corner furthest from the escalator (2nd floor). I didn't note the name of the shop.

But I'd suggest asking your friend to check all the other money changers - they're all in the same row it's quite fast to hit them all and check or ask their rates.
 

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
I just changed $1000 at the Arcade. The lowest rate I could find was 15.90.

I need to change more, so basically I'm just hoping the yen would drop further (the signs are there).
wow. good rate. tempted to go change too.
 

Tsuteki

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
Sure, it's the one near the corner furthest from the escalator (2nd floor). I didn't note the name of the shop.

But I'd suggest asking your friend to check all the other money changers - they're all in the same row it's quite fast to hit them all and check or ask their rates.

may i know is it at the orchard arcade?
 

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
I just called my normal moneychanger in Chinatown and was told yen rate v volatile and can only confirm when I go down in person. :crazy: also stocks only arriving in 2 hours time.
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
really? i normally change at the chinese $changer at chinatown. compared rates a few time and they seemed to give better rates than arcade.

the one at the corner, just beside the mrt exit? always long queue one?
 

Tsuteki

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
I just called my normal moneychanger in Chinatown and was told yen rate v volatile and can only confirm when I go down in person. :crazy: also stocks only arriving in 2 hours time.

wah like this saturday then go take a look. may i know this chinatown is at which building of the chinatown? maybe this weekend take a :look:
 

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
the one at the corner, just beside the mrt exit? always long queue one?
yes, that one. previously checked there for thai baht and taiwanese $ n they gave me best rate then.

wah like this saturday then go take a look. may i know this chinatown is at which building of the chinatown? maybe this weekend take a :look:
eh, its near people's park, a green building. but can't recall the name.

the shop is called crante and normally has long q. but read recently that someone managed to get better rates for donno which currency at one of the indian moneychanger there.
 

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
17,525
Reaction score
24
yes, that one. previously checked there for thai baht and taiwanese $ n they gave me best rate then.

eh, its near people's park, a green building. but can't recall the name.

the shop is called crante and normally has long q. but read recently that someone managed to get better rates for donno which currency at one of the indian moneychanger there.

tt chinatown one is good too, but i prefer to go arcade. coz got more shops there, and all using electronic board, so it is easier to compare. rate wise, i think quite similar lah
 

Tsuteki

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
1,480
Reaction score
0
yes, that one. previously checked there for thai baht and taiwanese $ n they gave me best rate then.

eh, its near people's park, a green building. but can't recall the name.

the shop is called crante and normally has long q. but read recently that someone managed to get better rates for donno which currency at one of the indian moneychanger there.

thanks alot pal
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top