Yen Exchange Rate Watch

stars87

Master Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
4,894
Reaction score
0
Thanks, stars. I did look at nikoinn before. House Ikebukuro is cheaper at 6000 yen for 2 pax a nite. :o But I'll prob check out niko inn if I've the time since House Ikebukuro is so popular. Its already fully booked for the period in Apr when I'll be in Japan!

I'm currently thinking of Taito Ryokan (http://www.libertyhouse.gr.jp) to replace Toyoko Inn Asakusa senzoku. It looks nice and I'm crossing my fingers that it is not too run-down. We're planning to stay in Ueno/Asakusa for 1 night to experience a different part of Tokyo and also cos it'll be easier to get to my friend's home in Chiba from Asakusa. :o

your budget is for 1 pax? Good luck with it!

ah.. taito ryokan comes with plenty of caveats. the room got no towel, no soap no other stuff. thats why i never consider it.

yea. but should be Ok lah. i planned it all out already. managed to find plenty of accmodation twin sharing at 3.5k~3.75k per pax.

osaka my friend and me are going to stay in super hotel
kyoto probably one night at the budget inn or tour club. may skip this and stay in osaka instead.
Hokkaido going to stay in hakodate and sapporo toyoko inn. going to apply for toyoko inn card and get the 30% discount
tokyo is the really expensive one, thinking of kimi ryokan, Niko inn and house ikebukuro.
 

sweet_vanilla

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2007
Messages
990
Reaction score
0
ah~ icic

me and my friends not used to shared amenties bah. ^^"
sakura hotel also considered budget le. xDxD
 

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
my previous trip was 70K per pax for 18 days accoms. so roughly 35K per pax for 9 nights. business hotels and ryokan. I had leftover yen changed at 1.3 so it was quite a cheap trip :)
wah, my hero! i looked at wmt but only planning to spend 1 nite so can't take advantage of the discount. :o
 

Telur17

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
31,933
Reaction score
0
ah.. taito ryokan comes with plenty of caveats. the room got no towel, no soap no other stuff. thats why i never consider it.

yea. but should be Ok lah. i planned it all out already. managed to find plenty of accmodation twin sharing at 3.5k~3.75k per pax.

osaka my friend and me are going to stay in super hotel
kyoto probably one night at the budget inn or tour club. may skip this and stay in osaka instead.
Hokkaido going to stay in hakodate and sapporo toyoko inn. going to apply for toyoko inn card and get the 30% discount
tokyo is the really expensive one, thinking of kimi ryokan, Niko inn and house ikebukuro.
I think its ok for 1 night only. but need to discuss with husband as I only realised I booked the wrong Toyoko Inn in Asakusa yest. Actually wanted to book Asakusa Komagata as I think the location is better. Now cannot as it is fully booked for the nite we want.

If you thinking of House Ikebukuro, better book early. Some nights are already fully booked. I stayed at Kimi Ryokan on my first trip and found it ok but a bit dark. Personally, I still vote for House Ikebukuro.
 

final1

Master Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2005
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
986
it's not the end of the world lah..only 6 days.

assuming you're spending S$2000... the difference between modest exchange rate of 1.4 (4 months back) and 1.7 (currently) is a few hundred dollars. On average, it's just 20 cents difference for a can of coke, a few dollars for each meal and $10-20 more for each night accoms. Just don't buy blue label lah.

Why blue label? There is also black label for guys. :)
 

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
14,207
Reaction score
1,420
yahoo showing 1.65 ... heard the gov is pumping some money into the economy...
 

stars87

Master Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
4,894
Reaction score
0
I think its ok for 1 night only. but need to discuss with husband as I only realised I booked the wrong Toyoko Inn in Asakusa yest. Actually wanted to book Asakusa Komagata as I think the location is better. Now cannot as it is fully booked for the nite we want.

If you thinking of House Ikebukuro, better book early. Some nights are already fully booked. I stayed at Kimi Ryokan on my first trip and found it ok but a bit dark. Personally, I still vote for House Ikebukuro.

yea. i definitely will.

im only worried they wont accept me. i expect to arrive really late in tokyo. something like 10pm from hakodate. so by the time connect over to ikebukuro, no idea if she will still be up.

is the Mrs chin a very nice person ? im probably going with my friend so no idea how she'd take to the idea of a common bathroom/shared bathroom.

i will once i confirm my tickets. at the moment still waiting for another SQ promotion. NWA at 729 inclusive to osaka sounds nice but the flight timing is horrible. plain horrible.
 

stars87

Master Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
4,894
Reaction score
0
16.67 as of now. go DOWN DOWN DOWN. i sincerely hope for 13 or something.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top