sweet_vanilla
Senior Member
- Joined
- Feb 3, 2007
- Messages
- 990
- Reaction score
- 0
oh i meant the yen. sorry about that ^^"

stars87 said:Telur17 said:I think its ok for 1 night only. but need to discuss with husband as I only realised I booked the wrong Toyoko Inn in Asakusa yest. Actually wanted to book Asakusa Komagata as I think the location is better. Now cannot as it is fully booked for the nite we want.
If you thinking of House Ikebukuro, better book early. Some nights are already fully booked. I stayed at Kimi Ryokan on my first trip and found it ok but a bit dark. Personally, I still vote for House Ikebukuro.
yea. i definitely will.
im only worried they wont accept me. i expect to arrive really late in tokyo. something like 10pm from hakodate. so by the time connect over to ikebukuro, no idea if she will still be up.
is the Mrs chin a very nice person ? im probably going with my friend so no idea how she'd take to the idea of a common bathroom/shared bathroom.
i will once i confirm my tickets. at the moment still waiting for another SQ promotion. NWA at 729 inclusive to osaka sounds nice but the flight timing is horrible. plain horrible.
mustafaoh i meant the yen. sorry about that ^^"
yesh!!!haha, no need to quote so big bah.
lol!!
tamago >> ur icon looks like mizuki nana. you're a fan of hers?
oh sorry, I didn't see your previous post.psps, really hoping for an answer from you on this. ive always wanted to try out house ikebukuro but havent recieved feedback before. are the rooms big ?
I only stayed in House Ikebukuro for 1 night previously so my friend and I could compare it with Hotel Change Tee. We found it cheaper and cleaner. Room also felt a bit more spacious than Hotel Chang Tee. They have some rooms that come with attached toilet too but those run out pretty fast. 
oh sorry, I didn't see your previous post.I only stayed in House Ikebukuro for 1 night previously so my friend and I could compare it with Hotel Change Tee. We found it cheaper and cleaner. Room also felt a bit more spacious than Hotel Chang Tee. They have some rooms that come with attached toilet too but those run out pretty fast.
I'm not so sure about the late check-in. Can always email her to ask. She seemed pretty nice the last time I was there. Oh, the place is popular with Taiwanese and HK people so you will hear lots of chinese.![]()
Exchange Rate as of 1318H 7 Feb. From Mustafa Centre Online Rates:
1000YEN SELLING FOR SGD$16.36
Its fairly easy to find as there's actually a small sign pointing towards it from the main road. I'll try to take some photos of it when I'm there in Apr. Hope it won't be too late for you.ooh.. haha, nah, main reason being, i need some help to get the ghibli museum tickets. it was horrible the last time i tried. no intention to repeat it , thats why intend to get some help if possible.
yea. probably will. as soon as i book my tickets. the cathay pacific offer is pretty enticing leh.
hmm, attached toilet or not is fine with me. only my friend i m worried about. no idea how will she take to that.
yea. i heard from other comments. but is it very hard to find ? its not really that far a walk right ? as probably coming late from sapporo. want to find it on first try.

yay, good news for the weekend!Exchange Rate as of 1318H 7 Feb. From Mustafa Centre Online Rates:
1000YEN SELLING FOR SGD$16.36
Its fairly easy to find as there's actually a small sign pointing towards it from the main road. I'll try to take some photos of it when I'm there in Apr. Hope it won't be too late for you.
Some of the other people staying there were v friendly when I was there 2 years ago. There's a small kitchen that you can used and some were sharing tips on where to go in Japan. Think even if the hotel people can't help you get the tickets, the other stayers there might be able to help? Lang is no prob if you can speak chinese.
if u go mid-may, might want to consider booking soon wor. I so shocked in mid-Jan to find out all the rooms with attached bathrooms were fully booked for the period i'm there. even those without bathrooms also fully booked on some days. meant I had to readjust my itinerary.ahh.. if you could, ild be uber grateful !
nah, ild be headed there mid may, probably reaching tokyo on the 20th. so no worriesyeap. thank you ! really appreciate it !

if u go mid-may, might want to consider booking soon wor. I so shocked in mid-Jan to find out all the rooms with attached bathrooms were fully booked for the period i'm there. even those without bathrooms also fully booked on some days. meant I had to readjust my itinerary.![]()
can try luck. last time i was in tokyo, house ikebukuro also fun. but we walked in one day and asked to look around and she told us got 1 room available that nite. so we cancelled our booking at Hotel Chang Tee to stay 1 nite at House Ikebukuro to try out the place.yea. its uber full isnt it ? i cant do anything yet. no tickets confirmed.bummer. i mentally prepared to stay nikoinn already.

can try luck. last time i was in tokyo, house ikebukuro also fun. but we walked in one day and asked to look around and she told us got 1 room available that nite. so we cancelled our booking at Hotel Chang Tee to stay 1 nite at House Ikebukuro to try out the place.
Maybe you can try this too? then next time u hab better idea if you want to stay there.![]()
yes, I won't recommend Hotel Chang Tee. Rooms are rather cramped and japanese tatami is not v comfy.Hmmm. Maybe ! But our budget tight on accommodation. So prob won't take that risk. EEh hotel chang tee quite old right ? The pic look quite creepy (IMO)
