YouTrip for Taipei

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,556
Reaction score
218
Oh ya... so far easycard got any ways to use CC to top up? Hahahaha....

Been to taiwan countless times, I always only top up at Metro control station using cash...
 

ses009

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2008
Messages
823
Reaction score
11
BTW, their 7-11 and FamilyMart 全家便利商店, can use your store value card- iPass一卡通 and EasyCard (悠游卡) for payment as well, not just for transport.
Their 7-11 FamilyMart can use YouTrip?
When I went Japan able to use.
 

craze_ho

Senior Member
Joined
May 19, 2004
Messages
685
Reaction score
111
How much would u advise a solo traveller to bring for a 5 day trip? Is it save to don't bring money just use trust card to withdraw when touch down?
 

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2013
Messages
9,670
Reaction score
1,382
Im now in taiwan, first time

Cc is not widely accepted esp in xiao chi stalls.

But i use trust card atm withdrawal very good exchange. 22.88

did the ATM charge a withdrawal fee ?

which bank's ATM did u use ?

TIA !
 

VinaFair

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2018
Messages
98
Reaction score
11
I used Hua Nan Bank, no fee. No prompt to ask about fee and just disburse the money after I key the amount. Thankfully no fee.

Others I checked that has fees are 7-11 - Cathay United.
 

tweeety

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2019
Messages
1,543
Reaction score
39
I used Hua Nan Bank, no fee. No prompt to ask about fee and just disburse the money after I key the amount. Thankfully no fee.

Others I checked that has fees are 7-11 - Cathay United.
how is the exchange rate?
 

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2002
Messages
7,949
Reaction score
318
BTW, their 7-11 and FamilyMart 全家便利商店, can use your store value card- iPass一卡通 and EasyCard (悠游卡) for payment as well, not just for transport.
iPass一卡通 and EasyCard (悠游卡)- which is better? uumean both can fior transport and payment?
 

evildoctor

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
4
iPass一卡通 and EasyCard (悠游卡)- which is better? uumean both can fior transport and payment?
Take Easycard if you are going to Taipei as most places accept only easy pass. I took the iPass when I won the lucky draw and can only be used at Watsons, 7-eleven, family mart. Very limited places.
 

tessss

Master Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,038
Yahoo 23.03, trust card withdrawal 22.97
Wow. That’s very good rate.

does it mean it is better to use trust card to withdraw cash in Taiwan atm? Instead of change in SG and bring TW dollars over.

I changed some TW dollars at arcade yesterday @22.55 rate only. While spot rate is 22.98.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,231
Reaction score
9,005
Wow. That’s very good rate.

does it mean it is better to use trust card to withdraw cash in Taiwan atm? Instead of change in SG and bring TW dollars over.

I changed some TW dollars at arcade yesterday @22.55 rate only. While spot rate is 22.98.

seems like the taiwan banks' rates are losing out. used to offer the best exchange rates pre-covid.

https://www.megabank.com.tw/personal/foreign-service/forexhttps://rate.bot.com.tw/xrt?Lang=en-US&redirect=true
use youtrip/revolut/trust to draw money in taiwan offers better rates now.
 

tessss

Master Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,038

tessss

Master Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,038
My guess is maybe because tourism is hot now. The money exchanges want to earn more through the spread.

but the companies like youtrip and trust want to garner more users, so give good exchange rates. Hahaha
 

tweeety

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 21, 2019
Messages
1,543
Reaction score
39
Take Easycard if you are going to Taipei as most places accept only easy pass. I took the iPass when I won the lucky draw and can only be used at Watsons, 7-eleven, family mart. Very limited places.

so lucky~ got 5k twd inside.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top