YouTrip for Taipei

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,247
Reaction score
9,011
Take Easycard if you are going to Taipei as most places accept only easy pass. I took the iPass when I won the lucky draw and can only be used at Watsons, 7-eleven, family mart. Very limited places.
Should be able to just on mrt and bus.
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,247
Reaction score
9,011
Their public transport system no problem except for the Maokong cable car which accepts EasyPass only. And some of the shops can also use easypass.
I use the easy card on public transports and convenience stores only. Never use it in other shops or stores cause its a hassle to guess which ones can use.
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,138
Reaction score
2,081
I use the easy card on public transports and convenience stores only. Never use it in other shops or stores cause its a hassle to guess which ones can use.
no need to guess as long they got put the easycard symbol can use le

Can check the usage at ---> where to use
 

evildoctor

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2012
Messages
1,046
Reaction score
4
I use the easy card on public transports and convenience stores only. Never use it in other shops or stores cause it’s a hassle to guess which ones can use.
Agree that it’s a bit of a hassle as their logos looks quite similar. On a side note, it’s is more well known as yo-yo card.
For those coming to Taipei and won the lucky draw, best is to choose easycard so that they can buy things at other stores.
 

ApeTruelove

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
7,138
Reaction score
2,081
I use the easy card on public transports and convenience stores only. Never use it in other shops or stores cause its a hassle to guess which ones can use.
Where got time to check. I do use it where confirmed will take in. Elsewhere just use cash. I'm on holidays, not doing surveys.
Then just say dont want to check la simi hassle to guess which one can use when the list of merchants already there in the web/app. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,247
Reaction score
9,011
Then just say dont want to check la simi hassle to guess which one can use when the list of merchants already there in the web/app. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:


Either ask the store or just use cash. Confirm all konbinis and public transport can use is good enough. the fund in the card also does not expire, can always use it next time in Taiwan.

I'm there to holiday, not spend time doing Market research. Ugh... am I repeating myself? Haha.
 

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2010
Messages
42,717
Reaction score
737
Take Easycard if you are going to Taipei as most places accept only easy pass. I took the iPass when I won the lucky draw and can only be used at Watsons, 7-eleven, family mart. Very limited places.
Watsons/7-Eleven/Family Mart.
Watsons buy some items to use.
7-Eleven and Family Mart, buy makan easy ma.
OF course to use up 5K can be challenging.
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,555
Reaction score
218
Watsons/7-Eleven/Family Mart.
Watsons buy some items to use.
7-Eleven and Family Mart, buy makan easy ma.
OF course to use up 5K can be challenging.
walk into 7-11, i want to dabao all your tea leave eggs... hahaha....
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,555
Reaction score
218
Their eggs are back? Recently ran out of eggs due to shortages.
I dunno back yet or not... But I know eggs is in shortage... thats why must use the card to buy high demand stuff... hahaha....

I hope I win the contest in June... Hahahaha
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,555
Reaction score
218
Ok, good luck!
Thank you! I got 3 chances... hope all 3 tio... hahaha...

night night go easy, buy 關東煮,sausage,泡麵。
Also can buy liquor as well!
高粱萬歲!
Hahaha... I dun drink alcohol due to health reason le... hahaha... Tio liao then think what to use for... anyway I am there for 9 days... Sure can use finish...
 

twosix

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2000
Messages
30,247
Reaction score
9,011
Thank you! I got 3 chances... hope all 3 tio... hahaha...


Hahaha... I dun drink alcohol due to health reason le... hahaha... Tio liao then think what to use for... anyway I am there for 9 days... Sure can use finish...
Their fruit beer is quite nice.
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,555
Reaction score
218
Buy fruit tea enough.
Dsily ask for city cafe.

I still haven't plan how we intend to use the 9 days in Taiwan... LOL... only know 1 day reserved for Taipei Children Amusement Park nia... Hahahaha....
 

Johnteoh

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2001
Messages
819
Reaction score
14
I still haven't plan how we intend to use the 9 days in Taiwan... LOL... only know 1 day reserved for Taipei Children Amusement Park nia... Hahahaha....
Go to all the old places which you visited before the covid to see if there is any difference. That's what I did in Taipei when I went back in Oct last year.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top