YTD 2026 Networth tracking thread

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,174
Reaction score
5,114
I also think it better to retire at 50+ rather than earlier even if one can achieve FI around 40+. There is just too much uncertainty with the financial market .. I know if investment screw up in the 50s , at least one is not too far away from collecting retirement fund or CPF payout as a fallback in the 60s


this is the work ethic of the old generation that the new generation don't seem to understand. work hard at your job to increase your career prospects and income at the start.

New generation all want to get rich by stock trading and retiring at 30. :s13:

instead of trying to target retirement at 30, targeting retirement at 50+ will give you a lot more passive income to go travelling etc... as long as you keep healthy and fit.

:s13:
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
Did my networth calculation.
All figures in SGD

Total Networth= 966.11k
Networth as of end of 2018= 836.43k
New salary savings in 2019= 64.15k

Investment growth in 2019= 7.83%
Networth growth in 2019= 15.5%

Equity as % of networth as of end of 2019=30%
 

polyglob

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
1,047
Reaction score
139
Did my networth calculation.
All figures in SGD

Total Networth= 966.11k
Networth as of end of 2018= 836.43k
New salary savings in 2019= 64.15k

Investment growth in 2019= 7.83%
Networth growth in 2019= 15.5%

Equity as % of networth as of end of 2019=30%

Well done. The other 70% of your network includes property?
 

articland05

Honorary Member
Joined
May 2, 2015
Messages
121,271
Reaction score
42,133
Did my networth calculation.
All figures in SGD

Total Networth= 966.11k
Networth as of end of 2018= 836.43k
New salary savings in 2019= 64.15k

Investment growth in 2019= 7.83%
Networth growth in 2019= 15.5%

Equity as % of networth as of end of 2019=30%
can share how u calc?
assets and liabilities categories?
investment growth is 31 Dec 2019 balance subtract 1st Jan 2019 portfolio balance?

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
can share how u calc?
assets and liabilities categories?
investment growth is 31 Dec 2019 balance subtract 1st Jan 2019 portfolio balance?

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT

No liabilities. Only assets, equities and fixed income. I use 2018 end and 2019 end networth snapshot and exchange rates as basis. Also I know how much of my salary I saved in 2019. Salary saved is new inflow for 2019. So from these inputs I deduce both networth and investment growth. It is not as accurate as XIRR method, but I invest in so many places and keep jumping in and out, this is the only way I can calculate.
 
Last edited:

creatrixnator

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
74
Reaction score
3
How do you track how much you save ? I think your way of calculating is good !

No liabilities. Only assets, equities and fixed income. I use 2018 end and 2019 end networth snapshot and exchange rates as basis. Also I know how much of my salary I saved in 2019. Salary saved is new inflow for 2019. So from these inputs I deduce both networth and investment growth. It is not as accurate as XIRR method, but I invest in so many places and keep jumping in and out, this is the only way I can calculate.
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
How do you track how much you save ? I think your way of calculating is good !

At the end of every month, I note down my total expenses, salary and savings for the month, in an excel sheet, from my bank account transactions.
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,110
Reaction score
4,081
congrats, your slow and steady strategy is paying off. 7 figure net worth by 1Q 2020! Sometimes wealth preservation is more important than trying to maximise profits.
 

articland05

Honorary Member
Joined
May 2, 2015
Messages
121,271
Reaction score
42,133
No liabilities. Only assets, equities and fixed income. I use 2018 end and 2019 end networth snapshot and exchange rates as basis. Also I know how much of my salary I saved in 2019. Salary saved is new inflow for 2019. So from these inputs I deduce both networth and investment growth. It is not as accurate as XIRR method, but I invest in so many places and keep jumping in and out, this is the only way I can calculate.
i see...asking this cos diff ppl got their own ways to calc networth to best suited them.

congrats to your achievements!!!

Sent from LGE LG-H990 using GAGT
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,174
Reaction score
5,114
My networth growth is around 15.95% in 2019..
Total liquid networth (excl property)=1.6 millions in 2019.
Great year!

Did my networth calculation.
All figures in SGD

Total Networth= 966.11k
Networth as of end of 2018= 836.43k
New salary savings in 2019= 64.15k

Investment growth in 2019= 7.83%
Networth growth in 2019= 15.5%

Equity as % of networth as of end of 2019=30%
 

Linusng

Junior Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
posted last year and continuing it for record. my new year update..
mid-30s, working class with the aim of financial freedom.

assets
<5 year old flat in a mature estate, near mrt at purchase price ~300k (~600k/2)
cash ~120k
cpf ~150k
endowment ~50k
stocks ~15k (insignificant movement from last year)

liability outstanding hdb loan of ~190k (~380k/2)
 

polyglob

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
1,047
Reaction score
139
posted last year and continuing it for record. my new year update..
mid-30s, working class with the aim of financial freedom.

assets
<5 year old flat in a mature estate, near mrt at purchase price ~300k (~600k/2)
cash ~120k
cpf ~150k
endowment ~50k
stocks ~15k (insignificant movement from last year)

liability outstanding hdb loan of ~190k (~380k/2)

Stocks very underweight compared to cash. What's your reasoning?
 

little pupsky

Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2016
Messages
364
Reaction score
93
More realistic to exclude primary residence from net worth calculations.

posted last year and continuing it for record. my new year update..
mid-30s, working class with the aim of financial freedom.

assets
<5 year old flat in a mature estate, near mrt at purchase price ~300k (~600k/2)
cash ~120k
cpf ~150k
endowment ~50k
stocks ~15k (insignificant movement from last year)

liability outstanding hdb loan of ~190k (~380k/2)
 

Thoreldan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2006
Messages
21,888
Reaction score
17,075
My turn, 40 uncle

Cash: 30k
Investment (purely etfs): 180k
Cpf (all 3 acc): 248k

Debt: 147k mortage

Only started investment in mid 2018.
Still a long way to go before i can see the light :(

At least right track to have invested heavy on iwda.
 
Last edited:

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Envy you having so much liquid networth. I not much liquid net worth and debt gao gao

My networth growth is around 15.95% in 2019..
Total liquid networth (excl property)=1.6 millions in 2019.
Great year!
 

Okenba

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2012
Messages
5,324
Reaction score
996
My turn, 40 uncle

Cash: 30k
Investment (purely etfs): 180k
Cpf (all 3 acc): 248k

Debt: 147k mortage

Only started investment in mid 2018.
Still a long way to go before i can see the light :(

At least right track to have invested heavy on iwda.

I'm also uncle. =D
Started even later than you I think.

Okay, for me, managing for me and wife.
Total CPF: 440k
Investments: 130k
Cash: 120k
No debt.

Wish I started 10years ago. Haha.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top