I am a professional out on my own. U can say business owner as mine is pte Ltd and employee as I am paid a salary by my company.
No. Don’t regret not buying more ppties
As mentioned my 1m ppty only giving 2.1kpm. And that’s not net, as have to deduct ppty tax, repairs, maintenance fees etc.
That’s very Low yield compared to my equities of about 5%, or about 2.5x more than my ppty net yield.
I doubt there would be much capital gains in the next couple of decades Most of the spectacular gains of the 70s to 90s most likely won’t be repeated, as Singapore has during that time transformed from 3rd world to 1st world and saw a very rapid phase of development and change. We see vast tracts of empty land in Sg then and Singapore river filled with tongkang and rubbish in the 70s and 80s. And now it’s very developed with high rise nearly everywhere. So I would stick to equities. That’s my personal view and I could well be wrong of course.
No. Don’t regret not buying more ppties
As mentioned my 1m ppty only giving 2.1kpm. And that’s not net, as have to deduct ppty tax, repairs, maintenance fees etc.
That’s very Low yield compared to my equities of about 5%, or about 2.5x more than my ppty net yield.
I doubt there would be much capital gains in the next couple of decades Most of the spectacular gains of the 70s to 90s most likely won’t be repeated, as Singapore has during that time transformed from 3rd world to 1st world and saw a very rapid phase of development and change. We see vast tracts of empty land in Sg then and Singapore river filled with tongkang and rubbish in the 70s and 80s. And now it’s very developed with high rise nearly everywhere. So I would stick to equities. That’s my personal view and I could well be wrong of course.

