YTD 2026 Networth tracking thread

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
YTD 2019 Networth update for Mar end.

YTD Investment growth: 5%
YTD Networth growth: 6.87%

Very close to crossing the 900k mark, I should be able to cross it by end of next month.

All figures in '000 SGD

ieCLxtE.png
 
Last edited:

jasonlim1988

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2018
Messages
2,774
Reaction score
257
What advice do your parents give you? Might be higher quality advice than what you get on the internet... :s13:

If his parents is not rich.
Seeking advice from the parents is the worst , they will lead him back to not rich.

Rich Dad poor Dad theory.
 

focus1974

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2007
Messages
91,039
Reaction score
32,696
YTD 2019 Networth update for Mar end.

YTD Investment growth: 5%
YTD Networth growth: 6.87%

Very close to crossing the 900k mark, I should be able to cross it by end of next month.

All figures in '000 SGD

ieCLxtE.png

Ur salary saving is the amazing thing! :)

Think u no need invest equities/bonds, just put all effort into ur career and buy property as a side..

Ur income can borrow a lot of money!!
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Take note of the YTD monthly savings means it is cumulative from the start of the year.
Though I find it is still quite impressive but I think maybe you misunderstood it as monthly savings instead of cumulative ytd.

Ur salary saving is the amazing thing! :)

Think u no need invest equities/bonds, just put all effort into ur career and buy property as a side..

Ur income can borrow a lot of money!!
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
Ur salary saving is the amazing thing! :)

Think u no need invest equities/bonds, just put all effort into ur career and buy property as a side..

Ur income can borrow a lot of money!!

No lah, I am saving like 5k each month. The last 3 months INR has appreciated against SGD, so my networth grew. But if you see, I am up 5% for the year while I was down 5% for last year. So this is just getting back to breakeven.
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
Take note of the YTD monthly savings means it is cumulative from the start of the year.
Though I find it is still quite impressive but I think maybe you misunderstood it as monthly savings instead of cumulative ytd.

Correct it is YTD number.
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Correct it is YTD number.




Actually it is good to see such a thread.


As we can see from your table, your fixed income portion starts to show its power as the amount get larger and larger, it accelerates your savings.



Though there was some depreciation last year, but INR has appreciated this year, coupled with high interest rate from India, think your NAV will increase a lot towards the end of the year.



Congrats.
 

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,106
Reaction score
4,077
increasing networth by 20k-30k every month is very good, you are on the way to early retirement!

While I collect dividends every month, i don't think it increases my networth because the share price falls every time dividends declared! :s13:
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
increasing networth by 20k-30k every month is very good, you are on the way to early retirement!

While I collect dividends every month, i don't think it increases my networth because the share price falls every time dividends declared! :s13:

The last 3 months have been great. But going forward, I don't see much help from rupee appreciation and I am out of the markets. So from here it will just be about capital protection. Hoping INR won't suddenly depreciate for some reason.
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
Actually it is good to see such a thread.


As we can see from your table, your fixed income portion starts to show its power as the amount get larger and larger, it accelerates your savings.



Though there was some depreciation last year, but INR has appreciated this year, coupled with high interest rate from India, think your NAV will increase a lot towards the end of the year.



Congrats.

Thanks! 10char.
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,164
Reaction score
5,102
My simple version Liquid networth update.. I think this is best Q1 for me..won't be expecting this kind of performance.
WHpQgjR.png
 

focus1974

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
May 12, 2007
Messages
91,039
Reaction score
32,696
It's Good that they are sharing. Do you prefer to learn how to make money from
1. Someone who has actually made money
2. Someone with no money?

most people listen to financial advisors.. :D:D
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Your liquid net worth quite strong.

My liquid net worth decreased a lot since last year. :(

My simple version Liquid networth update.. I think this is best Q1 for me..won't be expecting this kind of performance.
WHpQgjR.png
 

madtari

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5
Wha... very conservative allocation. I guess u must be nearing retirement? Very impressive networth! I hope someday I can achieve what you have!

Mainly US bonds/Perp ,Reit 20% and cash(money market fund/FD) 35 %
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top