YTD 2026 Networth tracking thread

batdow

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2000
Messages
11,988
Reaction score
2,334
Just normal frugal living.
1)Travel by bus, mrt only. Use grab/taxi only going to airport with lots of luggage.
2)Use circles.life $0 sim for myself and M1 prepaid sim with $15 Hot55 50 days top for my wife and circle.life sim for data for her.
3)Xiaomi export set phones that last 2 years.
4)For TV, I did cord cutting a year ago. I use VPN for global content and $29 M1 500mbps plan.
5)Wife cooks and packs lunch for me. Eating out during weekends but not fancy restaurants. Usually food courts or fast food
6)Beer, I pickup cans from 7-11, once a week
7)Vacations annually or semi-annually mostly budget travel nearby countries.
My biggest expenses are 3+1 HDB rent of $1800 and international school fees for my daughter $1000 per month. She goes to a couple of activity classes that cost about $150 per month.

So 10k monthly average income, my expenses are 5k monthly average.

very disciplined. tks for sharing.
 

Dividends Warrior

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
25,012
Reaction score
3,013
Just normal frugal living.
1)Travel by bus, mrt only. Use grab/taxi only going to airport with lots of luggage.
2)Use circles.life $0 sim for myself and M1 prepaid sim with $15 Hot55 50 days top for my wife and circle.life sim for data for her.
3)Xiaomi export set phones that last 2 years.
4)For TV, I did cord cutting a year ago. I use VPN for global content and $29 M1 500mbps plan.
5)Wife cooks and packs lunch for me. Eating out during weekends but not fancy restaurants. Usually food courts or fast food
6)Beer, I pickup cans from 7-11, once a week
7)Vacations annually or semi-annually mostly budget travel nearby countries.
My biggest expenses are 3+1 HDB rent of $1800 and international school fees for my daughter $1000 per month. She goes to a couple of activity classes that cost about $150 per month.

So 10k monthly average income, my expenses are 5k monthly average.

The rental expense seems affordable, to my surprise. I was expecting a 4-room flat to yield at least $2k?
Good, simple, comfortable living. Kudos! :)
 
Last edited:

Dividends Warrior

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
25,012
Reaction score
3,013
I actually find that those earning less to be better savers.

Yes, agreed. I guess one of the factors could be the difference in social circles. The type of activities they engage in can be rather different in terms of costs.
 

minamikaze

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2016
Messages
2,075
Reaction score
229
Yes, agreed. I guess one of the factors could be the difference in social circles. The type of activities they engage in can be rather different in terms of costs.

Actually, I think it's those who worked their way up for lower socio-economic status who are generally more frugal, and it's because of that, that they don't have expensive tastes or hobbies generally.
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
The rental expense seems affordable, to my surprise. I was expecting a 4-room flat to yield at least $2k?
Good, simple, comfortable living. Kudos! :)

Thanks! It is near lakeside MRT. Simple furnished. I negotiated well. Most houses in our area are going for 2.2k. So I got a good deal. Now renewal is coming up in September, I suspect landord will increase rent.
 

madtari

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
2,963
Reaction score
5
Me too! I always take CPF and home equity out of the equation... next time if I buy a 2nd house for investment then I will include it in. For my own stay I do not count it in...
Are you including your CPF & home equity? I have neither of them.
 

Trader11

Banned
Joined
Oct 14, 2018
Messages
15,695
Reaction score
5,235
So many elites..... I only spend less than 500 per month with penny uni grad salary:(
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
I think I am in negative networth region if count like that. :(
Owe too much money.

Me too! I always take CPF and home equity out of the equation... next time if I buy a 2nd house for investment then I will include it in. For my own stay I do not count it in...
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Have to give back to Singapore too since you made your fortune here.

54nBMUe.jpg


Thanks! It is near lakeside MRT. Simple furnished. I negotiated well. Most houses in our area are going for 2.2k. So I got a good deal. Now renewal is coming up in September, I suspect landord will increase rent.
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Take housing and cpf out of the equation, i owe bank a hell lot of money, so I am not trolling.
Sometimes I just wonder how am I going to make all the repayments, have been like that for quite a number of years already.

U can owe money and still come here to troll means it's a good negative networth! :)
 

d9_lives

Suspended
Joined
Feb 15, 2008
Messages
2,237
Reaction score
500
Do you include hdb value in your networth est.?
For ex: 36y & wife 35y.
Cash+investment = about SGD 310k.
Cpf = SGD 420k.
Overseas property = about SGD 400k.
HDB (-hdb loan) = about SGD 300k.

So..it's SGD 1,430/2 = SGD 715k/person?
 

Trader11

Banned
Joined
Oct 14, 2018
Messages
15,695
Reaction score
5,235
You are an amazing saver cum investor! My annual income is about 50% higher than you and my wife is also working, but my networth is only about 500k. I'm around the same age as u... :(

If you spend on what you love, there is nothing wrong. Being a miser is miserable.
 

Dividends Warrior

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2010
Messages
25,012
Reaction score
3,013
My dividend portfolio finally exceeded $500k in May! :D
(*Figures are accurate as of 31 May)
(**Will be wiping out my CPF OA for property purchase)

bbcb77f989d9a3008f599cca0a6094a639f4674b.JPG
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top