1k rig

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
896
After reading this thread I purchased the windows 10 home oem product key from Kinguin.net (seller is Nextkeys). The seller sent me a used key that cannot be activated. i logged a complaint to Kinguin on the same hour but have not received a reply. This morning I logged a dispute with Paypal. Let see how things go. The purchase price was slightly less than 38sgd.

There are pro and cons buying buying such products at cheap price. I believed even Q0010 is filled with such similar sellers based on reviews I had read in the past. Was thinking Kinguin would be safer compared to Reddit as it is a proper site..

:(

alternative site is here https://www.kinguin.net/catalogsearch/result/index/?q=windows+key

can pay thru paypal and CC
change currency from
ÂŁPound to SGD top right hand corner
 

JihJing

Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
171
Reaction score
0
After reading this thread I purchased the windows 10 home oem product key from Kinguin.net (seller is Nextkeys). The seller sent me a used key that cannot be activated. i logged a complaint to Kinguin on the same hour but have not received a reply. This morning I logged a dispute with Paypal. Let see how things go. The purchase price was slightly less than 38sgd.

There are pro and cons buying buying such products at cheap price. I believed even Q0010 is filled with such similar sellers based on reviews I had read in the past. Was thinking Kinguin would be safer compared to Reddit as it is a proper site..

:(
i think most of us here bought thru reddit including myself. i have a pleasant experience there, the key sent to me quite fast.
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
896
I just assembled a new low end rig yesterday so that I can play some simple game. My vivopc which uses a celeron cpu cannot support the graphic requirement. I bought everything from Cybermind at Northpoint unless stated. At Cybermind I paid cash for the CPU+Motherboard bundle and credit card for everything else.

- MSI B150i-Gaming-PRO-AC + Core i3 6100 ($336)
- CORSAIR Vengeance 1600C9 LP (2 x 4gb) ($79)
- Fractal Design NANO S (Window) ($119)
- CoolerMaster G550M 550W ($99)

- ZOTAC SSD 480gb ($168 from lazada)
- Windows 10 home ($38 from Kinguin now disputing due to key not original)

This is a itx rig and I wanted all black theme and no blink. Because I put it in the room and it will disturb my wife's sleep if there are too much light. Have not bought the graphic card yet and i plan to inherit my son's R7 260 card when i get him a better one after his year end exam. Don't need a high end card to play simple game. I went for the fractal casing because i love the design and the sound proofing (for obvious reason).

1K rig looks to be the current market price to build a decent rig these days.

:)
 
Last edited:

xtractor

Master Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
4,674
Reaction score
978
After reading this thread I purchased the windows 10 home oem product key from Kinguin.net (seller is Nextkeys). The seller sent me a used key that cannot be activated. i logged a complaint to Kinguin on the same hour but have not received a reply. This morning I logged a dispute with Paypal. Let see how things go. The purchase price was slightly less than 38sgd.

There are pro and cons buying buying such products at cheap price. I believed even Q0010 is filled with such similar sellers based on reviews I had read in the past. Was thinking Kinguin would be safer compared to Reddit as it is a proper site..

:(

im still using the cd key bought at kinguin for almost a year and on my main pc......up and running right now and got no problem with the cd key can update everything but i bought windows 8.1 pro upgraded to windows 10:s22: maybe i get from different seller
 

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2012
Messages
5,343
Reaction score
8
I just assembled a new low end rig yesterday so that I can play some simple game. My vivopc which uses a celeron cpu cannot support the graphic requirement. I bought everything from Cybermind at Northpoint unless stated. At Cybermind I paid cash for the CPU+Motherboard bundle and credit card for everything else.

- MSI B150i-Gaming-PRO-AC + Core i3 6100 ($336)
- CORSAIR Vengeance 1600C9 LP (2 x 4gb) ($79)
- Fractal Design NANO S (Window) ($119)
- CoolerMaster G550M 550W ($99)

- ZOTAC SSD 480gb ($168 from lazada)
- Windows 10 home ($38 from Kinguin now disputing due to key not original)

This is a itx rig and I wanted all black theme and no blink. Because I put it in the room and it will disturb my wife's sleep if there are too much light. Have not bought the graphic card yet and i plan to inherit my son's R7 260 card when i get him a better one after his year end exam. Don't need a high end card to play simple game. I went for the fractal casing because i love the design and the sound proofing (for obvious reason).

1K rig looks to be the current market price to build a decent rig these days.

:)
Self assembled?
After reading this thread I purchased the windows 10 home oem product key from Kinguin.net (seller is Nextkeys). The seller sent me a used key that cannot be activated. i logged a complaint to Kinguin on the same hour but have not received a reply. This morning I logged a dispute with Paypal. Let see how things go. The purchase price was slightly less than 38sgd.

There are pro and cons buying buying such products at cheap price. I believed even Q0010 is filled with such similar sellers based on reviews I had read in the past. Was thinking Kinguin would be safer compared to Reddit as it is a proper site..

:(
Cheers for the heads up

Sent from Sony D6653 using GAGT
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,620
Reaction score
896
Choosen to assemble myself as it was an opportunity to let my son learn the skill under my supervision. This is his second time at assembly and he has improved a lot from the last experience. Most shop at SLS and in my case Cybermind at Northpoint can assemble for you if you do not want to get your hands dirty.

It is actually not difficult to do it. You are hearing that from a person nearing his 50s. If you are not sure you can always watch youtube video to familiarize yourself with the steps. Most difficult are the pins. Mounting CPU, plugging in all the various pin. Nothing much to worry if you are the careful type. Just check before you poke.....:s13:

Self assembled?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top