2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...😗🎉😵

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
My colleague gg to Googleplex MTV next wk.
He's thinking of getting the Pixel 3. Issit cheaper in US :o

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT


It's definitely cheaper at this point of time if no taxes. I think the Google Store slashed the prices in US for a limited time.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Yup. It works.

Technically speaking samsung runs android as well and samsung only customize the user experience part to suit their own "theme". So if its a native setting api that samsung can allow users to tweak, definitely pure android pixel can lol.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
Hmmm, I am hoping that the "learning" portion for auto brightness will understand and adapt, but it seems like no phone other than iPhone can do it right so far. :s13: Not sure if anyone here is from iPhone, but the adaptive brightness on Apple phones is amazing. My Pixel 3 XL so far like not really getting used to what brightness I prefer. :s13:

That said, I like how good the photos are. The interface is very smooth like a OnePlus. The little pill at the bottom I still not used to though...
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,026
Reaction score
10,122
Hmmm, I am hoping that the "learning" portion for auto brightness will understand and adapt, but it seems like no phone other than iPhone can do it right so far.
:s13:
Not sure if anyone here is from iPhone, but the adaptive brightness on Apple phones is amazing. My Pixel 3 XL so far like not really getting used to what brightness I prefer.
:s13:

That said, I like how good the photos are. The interface is very smooth like a OnePlus. The little pill at the bottom I still not used to though...

Do u feel the 4gb ram is a problem? :s13:

Sometimes will have some random stutters here and there for mine

I personally has a xs max but i dont use adaptive brightness as i find it a bit irritating so cant comment on that but the haptic feedback is the best in android phone although i disabled it now to save some battery life

U use oneplus before? Whats the reason that makes u switch to google instead of going back to oneplus?
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Hmmm, I am hoping that the "learning" portion for auto brightness will understand and adapt, but it seems like no phone other than iPhone can do it right so far. :s13: Not sure if anyone here is from iPhone, but the adaptive brightness on Apple phones is amazing. My Pixel 3 XL so far like not really getting used to what brightness I prefer. :s13:

That said, I like how good the photos are. The interface is very smooth like a OnePlus. The little pill at the bottom I still not used to though...

I compared my friend's iPhoneX. Its better. Speaker also better.

Pill nagivation isnt as good as ios also. But ive been using the pill gesture since pie update on my p2xl so gotten used to it already.

The adaptive brightness what i noticed is, if you think it is too bright or dark at current's environment, ownself go adjust it while maintaining the same environment.

I read somewhere recently there is an update to adaptive brightness feature and now users can manually reset that particular feature to let it "re-learn" again should there be a need for it.

Since Pie google revamped the brightness bar to be non-linear unlike what it as previously with Oreo.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
Do u feel the 4gb ram is a problem? :s13:

Sometimes will have some random stutters here and there for mine

I personally has a xs max but i dont use adaptive brightness as i find it a bit irritating so cant comment on that but the haptic feedback is the best in android phone although i disabled it now to save some battery life

U use oneplus before? Whats the reason that makes u switch to google instead of going back to oneplus?
I don't think the problem is RAM size for this phone. It's very likely that Google never optimize their Pixel OS to adapt properly honestly. The reason I am using the Pixel 3 over the OnePlus is mostly a personal thing, I don't like how OnePlus treats its customers. And the camera sucks. I also personally like haptic feedback a lot and I rather lose some battery life, no way I will switch off haptic.

I compared my friend's iPhoneX. Its better. Speaker also better.

Pill nagivation isnt as good as ios also. But ive been using the pill gesture since pie update on my p2xl so gotten used to it already.

The adaptive brightness what i noticed is, if you think it is too bright or dark at current's environment, ownself go adjust it while maintaining the same environment.

I read somewhere recently there is an update to adaptive brightness feature and now users can manually reset that particular feature to let it "re-learn" again should there be a need for it.

Since Pie google revamped the brightness bar to be non-linear unlike what it as previously with Oreo.
The pill gesturing is really hot garbage IMO, something the oneplus did a better job with without wasting screen estate. It's still learning my pattern for brightness so I gonna give it a benefit of doubt.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,026
Reaction score
10,122
I don't think the problem is RAM size for this phone. It's very likely that Google never optimize their Pixel OS to adapt properly honestly. The reason I am using the Pixel 3 over the OnePlus is mostly a personal thing, I don't like how OnePlus treats its customers. And the camera sucks. I also personally like haptic feedback a lot and I rather lose some battery life, no way I will switch off haptic.


The pill gesturing is really hot garbage IMO, something the oneplus did a better job with without wasting screen estate. It's still learning my pattern for brightness so I gonna give it a benefit of doubt.

Hmm in what way you dont like about how oneplus treat their customers? Software update slows down when new phone comes out?
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
Hmm in what way you dont like about how oneplus treat their customers? Software update slows down when new phone comes out?
Them lying a year back when they were caught cheating in benchmarks, them also lying when their payment system was exposed just to name a few. I just don't like such companies. Their phones are good, but I don't like them as a company.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,026
Reaction score
10,122
Them lying a year back when they were caught cheating in benchmarks, them also lying when their payment system was exposed just to name a few. I just don't like such companies. Their phones are good, but I don't like them as a company.

Oh ya forget abt that also. What case u using on your phone?
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
I don't think the problem is RAM size for this phone. It's very likely that Google never optimize their Pixel OS to adapt properly honestly. The reason I am using the Pixel 3 over the OnePlus is mostly a personal thing, I don't like how OnePlus treats its customers. And the camera sucks. I also personally like haptic feedback a lot and I rather lose some battery life, no way I will switch off haptic.


The pill gesturing is really hot garbage IMO, something the oneplus did a better job with without wasting screen estate. It's still learning my pattern for brightness so I gonna give it a benefit of doubt.

The learning i think is when user manually adjust it i think. Otherwise it'll just tweak brightness according to its default?
 

ParkJinYoung

Banned
Joined
Sep 18, 2012
Messages
107,675
Reaction score
4,724
Oh ya forget abt that also. What case u using on your phone?
Sorry I kpo, my Pixel 2 user and I feel Moments make the best case.
It looks nice, fits nicely, not too bulky, offers sufficient protection, and option to attached camera lens

Sent from 大哥大 using GAGT
 

shikoto

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
89
Eh...an update. Google's gonna keep my case open for exchange until I get back from TW, so I suppose I will get a happy ending for my phone after all.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top