2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...😗🎉😵

Jedski0412

Junior Member
Joined
May 6, 2018
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Welcome to the Pixel Family! :s12:
Wowww... Loving it so far.
Far exceeded my expectations.
Lucky my set is good and screen is good as well.
No complaints so far.
Tried the night sight and was blown away by it.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
i got the pixel stand from sitex. but i want another wireless charger at work. so thinking of getting this...
Oh hahah. I have yet to use my wireless charger. I'm scared my battery will get cui from the heat lol.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
This is not the one I was talking about. It seems like it's not available yet...

Why don’t get the Xiaomi wireless universal charger? Up to 10W for android phones. Very good built quality and most importantly it’s cheap!
 

kazekai

Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
283
Reaction score
9
Call screening seems to be enabled in the latest update to the phone app on play store. Any idea how to enable it? It's not working for me

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
Oh hahah. I have yet to use my wireless charger. I'm scared my battery will get cui from the heat lol.

Sent from The Panda's Lair using GAGT
I bought those OEM China wireless charger that charges at a slower rate and I find it better, because of the slower charging rate my device doesn't feel warm after leaving it to charge overnight.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
Call screening seems to be enabled in the latest update to the phone app on play store. Any idea how to enable it? It's not working for me

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
Only available in certain areas, not including Singapore yet.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
Looking high and low for pixel stand. Anyone selling? Hahah

Sent from HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro Emerald Green using GAGT
 

kazekai

Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
283
Reaction score
9
Only available in certain areas, not including Singapore yet.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
I believe its a language issue? If its a region thing, they would have never rolled out this update for Singapore. Plus call screening was long avaliable in the US. It was only ystd that the update included this function for the Singapore Market? Maybe I'm wrong, I am not sure.

Because it says on the update that it is avaliable on US English only. Not too sure on where to set the overall language setting for android.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
Why don’t get the Xiaomi wireless universal charger? Up to 10W for android phones. Very good built quality and most importantly it’s cheap!
I bought 3 of those OEM wireless chargers off Lazada at $10.90 each and they worked as intended without the USB PD fast charging. xD

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,784
Reaction score
468
I believe its a language issue? If its a region thing, they would have never rolled out this update for Singapore. Plus call screening was long avaliable in the US. It was only ystd that the update included this function for the Singapore Market? Maybe I'm wrong, I am not sure.

Because it says on the update that it is avaliable on US English only. Not too sure on where to set the overall language setting for android.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT

Where/how did you get the impression that "It was only ystd that the update included this function for the Singapore Market"?

When Google updates an app, that same app is updated on everyone's device. But that doesn't mean the same features will be available on everyone's device. Some features have to be activated on Google's server's end. And call screening is one. This is apparently tied to both the language and the region the user is in.

Even the Canadians don't get call screening yet. And their English is probably the closest-sounding to those in the US. Singapore? I think we can wait for the Canadians, the British, the Australians, maybe even the Indians, before it even reaches Singapore.
 

kazekai

Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
283
Reaction score
9
Where/how did you get the impression that "It was only ystd that the update included this function for the Singapore Market"?

When Google updates an app, that same app is updated on everyone's device. But that doesn't mean the same features will be available on everyone's device. Some features have to be activated on Google's server's end. And call screening is one. This is apparently tied to both the language and the region the user is in.

Even the Canadians don't get call screening yet. And their English is probably the closest-sounding to those in the US. Singapore? I think we can wait for the Canadians, the British, the Australians, maybe even the Indians, before it even reaches Singapore.
Because I have been monitoring the app updates. Its only in the latest update that the say call screening is now available, but only in US English. Unless I'm sorely mistaken, I apologise in advance. Plus if its only available in the US, wouldn't "only available in the US" be clearer than "only available in US English"?

Do you mean if I fly to the US, the call screening will be available? Google is using GPS to activate call screening?

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 
Last edited:

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
Where/how did you get the impression that "It was only ystd that the update included this function for the Singapore Market"?

When Google updates an app, that same app is updated on everyone's device. But that doesn't mean the same features will be available on everyone's device. Some features have to be activated on Google's server's end. And call screening is one. This is apparently tied to both the language and the region the user is in.

Even the Canadians don't get call screening yet. And their English is probably the closest-sounding to those in the US. Singapore? I think we can wait for the Canadians, the British, the Australians, maybe even the Indians, before it even reaches Singapore.
Yup it's more region based than language based. I have been using US English since who knows when so if it is language based, I would've seen the call screening button when a call come in.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
And oh. Singapore is officially British English so we're more towards the UK?

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,784
Reaction score
468
Yup it's more region based than language based. I have been using US English since who knows when so if it is language based, I would've seen the call screening button when a call come in.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
Im using English (Singapore) because I find it recognises my accent better. Hahaha

Actually apart from the call screening, I'm also still waiting for "Overview Selection" to be made available for English (Singapore) - see https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...w-screen-allows-text-selection-android-9-pie/

I know Overview Selection is available for English (US) but I'm not willing to forego the more accurate voice recognition for this feature alone. And this feature has been rolled out for like what, 4 months already, and it's still only available to English (US)...

And if this (apparently) simpler feature hasnt even rolled out yet to all English users after so long, I think one can only wait till Pixel 5 before the (apparently) more complexed call screening comes to Singapore.
 
Last edited:

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,784
Reaction score
468
And oh. Singapore is officially British English so we're more towards the UK?

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
That would be true for written English. For spoken English, errrr, Singapore English is in a league of its own. Lolol
 

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
Im using English (Singapore) because I find it recognises my accent better. Hahaha

Actually apart from the call screening, I'm also still waiting for "Overview Selection" to be made available for English (Singapore) - see https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/...w-screen-allows-text-selection-android-9-pie/

I know Overview Selection is available for English (US) but I'm not willing to forego the more accurate voice recognition for this feature alone. And this feature has been rolled out for like what, 4 months already, and it's still only available to English (US)...

And if this (apparently) simpler feature hasnt even rolled out yet to all English users after so long, I think one can only wait till Pixel 5 before the (apparently) more complexed call screening comes to Singapore.
Ah I'm on US English since young. Haha.

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

Shinji_U

Master Member
Joined
Oct 8, 2000
Messages
4,700
Reaction score
8
That would be true for written English. For spoken English, errrr, Singapore English is in a league of its own. Lolol
Official we British English, but naturally Singlish. Haha. xD

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

kazekai

Member
Joined
May 19, 2007
Messages
283
Reaction score
9
Contacts now got dark theme! But the phone is still white, lol. So strange the way google does things, lol

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top