2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Anyone using pixel 3 and regret not getting the XL or vice versa? Thinking of buying tomorrow but can't seem to decide on size. Coming from iPhone x and OnePlus 6t

Sent from OnePlus 6T using GAGT

I had both and just sold off my XL. In terms of handling I prefer the smaller 3 because it's easier to maneuver when I'm in the train or when I'm walking about. And like the other bro they mentioned, if you have the notch and will turn it off then it's better to go with the 3 then.
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
also, if anyone can tell me where got stock for pixel 3 and pixel 3 xl 128 gb in white please let me know

Carousell has a lot of Pixel 3 128GB in white. You can get one at $300 off RRP or $100 off street prices. These are ppl who recontracted with StarHub.

I'm not personally bothered by the notch on 3XL. And the screen on my regular 3 is good. (Phew) My eyes can't tell that the screen on the 3 is any inferior than the one on my 3XL.

If you're looking at 6+hours of Screen On Time, go with the 3XL.

For me, both phones can last me comfortably through the day, and that's sufficient for me since I charge my phone every night.

Bottom line: Still can't decide between the two. Hahaha
 
Last edited:

teoph04

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 12, 2010
Messages
1,370
Reaction score
56
So simple, buy pixel 3xl. If you think regret buying it, turn off notch. There, you have pixel 3. :D
Haha but physical size still XL leh, I'm also thinking to switch to the smaller version. Both camera are the same setup right?

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,910
Reaction score
1,456
So simple, buy pixel 3xl. If you think regret buying it, turn off notch. There, you have pixel 3. :D
Haha I'm very conflicted leh. Thing is I was using iPhone x since launch, the size same as pixel 3. Super convenient and comfy to use with one hand no problems.

Then now I'm change to OnePlus 6t, big phone, but super nice screen real estate. Watch Netflix a lot better.

So now I'm stuck. Can't decide. Have to decide by 630pm then go hoot one

Sent from OnePlus 6T using GAGT
 

laughingPANDA

Master Member
Joined
Aug 9, 2012
Messages
2,543
Reaction score
0
Carousell has a lot of Pixel 3 128GB in white. You can get one at $300 off RRP or $100 off street prices. These are ppl who recontracted with StarHub.

I'm not personally bothered by the notch on 3XL. And the screen on my regular 3 is good. (Phew) My eyes can't tell that the screen on the 3 is any inferior than the one on my 3XL.

If you're looking at 6+hours of Screen On Time, go with the 3XL.

For me, both phones can last me comfortably through the day, and that's sufficient for me since I charge my phone every night.

Bottom line: Still can't decide between the two. Hahaha

Haha I also can't decide but finally nailed myself to sell off the 3XL today. Still feel that handling is more important haha. Can't risk myself dropping the phone in the train or walking just because I need to move my hands about to get to certain alphabets LOL. But then again, either way whichever pixel we choose is still a pixel heh! :p
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,033
Reaction score
10,124
Haha but physical size still XL leh, I'm also thinking to switch to the smaller version. Both camera are the same setup right?

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL using GAGT

lai sell me your 3 XL :s13::s13::s13:

anyone bought US set p3xl?
 
Last edited:

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,910
Reaction score
1,456
Haha I also can't decide but finally nailed myself to sell off the 3XL today. Still feel that handling is more important haha. Can't risk myself dropping the phone in the train or walking just because I need to move my hands about to get to certain alphabets LOL. But then again, either way whichever pixel we choose is still a pixel heh! :p

but actually like on my current one plus one handed use no issue without one handed mode. Google keyboard can shrink to side, then use reachbility app can easily access the top of the phone

but the thing about pixel 3 is if wanna use default navigation, the back button is on the left side :s22:
 

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
6,012
Reaction score
75
Depends on your usage, XL can have a better battery life than the standard pixel 3.
That is if battery life matters to you.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,033
Reaction score
10,124
but actually like on my current one plus one handed use no issue without one handed mode. Google keyboard can shrink to side, then use reachbility app can easily access the top of the phone

but the thing about pixel 3 is if wanna use default navigation, the back button is on the left side :s22:

if you want tons of customization with almost vanilla android, oneplus is your best bet :s13:

anyone can confirm if the photos app can edit photo now? (especially drawing on the photo/screenshot)
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,910
Reaction score
1,456
Depends on your usage, XL can have a better battery life than the standard pixel 3.
That is if battery life matters to you.

think i might go with the XL so when i youtube more shiok. Also i hate charging my phone when i'm not home
 

limmk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2001
Messages
44,651
Reaction score
8,485
Haha I'm very conflicted leh. Thing is I was using iPhone x since launch, the size same as pixel 3. Super convenient and comfy to use with one hand no problems.

Then now I'm change to OnePlus 6t, big phone, but super nice screen real estate. Watch Netflix a lot better.

So now I'm stuck. Can't decide. Have to decide by 630pm then go hoot one

Sent from OnePlus 6T using GAGT

You may like the size, but compare (6t) battery life, you might regret getting pixel 3
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
Haha I also can't decide but finally nailed myself to sell off the 3XL today. Still feel that handling is more important haha. Can't risk myself dropping the phone in the train or walking just because I need to move my hands about to get to certain alphabets LOL. But then again, either way whichever pixel we choose is still a pixel heh! :p

Ya whichever one we choose we won't be any much worse off. Hahaha
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
if you want tons of customization with almost vanilla android, oneplus is your best bet :s13:

anyone can confirm if the photos app can edit photo now? (especially drawing on the photo/screenshot)

Yes, there's "Markup"
 

kryptonit3

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
2,308
Reaction score
1,887
unless you don't mind watching videos at a reduced size if you hide the notch.. lol or watch it with the notch cut-out..
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,910
Reaction score
1,456
You may like the size, but compare (6t) battery life, you might regret getting pixel 3

wanted to get white xl 128b, but everywhere no stock. Only have white for pixel 3 128.

is this a sign for me to get pixel 3 instead of 3 xl? :s22::s13:
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,910
Reaction score
1,456
You may like the size, but compare (6t) battery life, you might regret getting pixel 3

according to phonearena battery test, pixel 3 lasted almost an hour more than the 3 xl
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top