2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

shikoto

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
89
no choice one. service centers have their own SOPs and google usually will just leave it for CTDI to do what they deem fit

One thing I give to them is that they're quick. Phone ready to pickup in less than a day. Just hope that they sealed it properly.
 

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2003
Messages
5,154
Reaction score
0
7CG7qYLl.png

Does anyone know how to change the black bar above to like a translucent or other colours?

It is always black when in the main desktop page.
 

fevern0va

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
710
Reaction score
137
After owning this phone for close to 2 months I'm pretty happy with it. Everything has been perfect except for the battery life. Some days I get excellent standby time. On other days it's dogshit. Wish the pixel 4 will pack at least a 4k mAh battery.
 

shikoto

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
89
What 3rd party app you use?

Whatsapp (It crashed trying to use the camera to log on WAWeb), Insta, Twitter, Messenger, FB, Telegram.

Both the front and rear camera on these apps crash it. I don't think I need to test with any more apps lol.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,026
Reaction score
10,122
Hmm wierd issue, they did a factory wipe alrdy right?

You want to try to wipe again? And install just whatsapp and monitor see if it happens? Just worry that there are apps that cause this

f07b6fa5cf74cd404643fe540f9482aa-full.jpg



Well...it's not even 6 hours since I got my phone back...
 

shikoto

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Messages
689
Reaction score
89
Hmm wierd issue, they did a factory wipe alrdy right?

You want to try to wipe again? And install just whatsapp and monitor see if it happens? Just worry that there are apps that cause this

Wiped before I sent to CTDI, tested. Cleared cache, uninstalled updates, booted in safe mode. No bueno.

And yes, you have to factory wipe it before you send it in and they will ask you to do it again when you pick up the phone just in case. Anyhow, this issue is quite well documented, surprising not many people's P3 is getting this.
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
Wiped before I sent to CTDI, tested. Cleared cache, uninstalled updates, booted in safe mode. No bueno.

And yes, you have to factory wipe it before you send it in and they will ask you to do it again when you pick up the phone just in case. Anyhow, this issue is quite well documented, surprising not many people's P3 is getting this.
Ah wonderful Google...
Curious Are you on the latest update? It should be December 2018 at least?
 
Last edited:

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2003
Messages
5,154
Reaction score
0
I think I figured out why. I am using Nova Launcher. Tweaked some settings and now the bar is transparent!
 

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2003
Messages
5,154
Reaction score
0
Wiped before I sent to CTDI, tested. Cleared cache, uninstalled updates, booted in safe mode. No bueno.

And yes, you have to factory wipe it before you send it in and they will ask you to do it again when you pick up the phone just in case. Anyhow, this issue is quite well documented, surprising not many people's P3 is getting this.
Which 3rd party app were you using? I tried Whatsapp and the Comfort DelGro app for taxi bookings so far and don't have an issue.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,026
Reaction score
10,122
Wiped before I sent to CTDI, tested. Cleared cache, uninstalled updates, booted in safe mode. No bueno.

And yes, you have to factory wipe it before you send it in and they will ask you to do it again when you pick up the phone just in case. Anyhow, this issue is quite well documented, surprising not many people's P3 is gettingthis

Really wierd... Hmmm but it seemed like a software update can solve this. Can only wait for feb update and hope this issue will be fixed
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,325
Reaction score
3,861
After owning this phone for close to 2 months I'm pretty happy with it. Everything has been perfect except for the battery life. Some days I get excellent standby time. On other days it's dogshit. Wish the pixel 4 will pack at least a 4k mAh battery.

Asking Google to design a good phone is a task that is impossible for them after you see them trying for years.. :s13: I am saying this as am upcoming owner too.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top