2018 Google Pixel 3 and 3XL...πŸ˜—πŸŽ‰πŸ˜΅

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
It's extremely likely it's a rogue app doing it. Be aware that apps that use Android services GPS also won't show up on your battery usage for some god forsaken reason. Seriously why Google until now never let you customize permissions extensively like Samsung is beyond me.
Remove all your apps, slowly install one by one over the next few days. Confirm it's not hardware issue one this type. Specially for new phone.

What you referring to?

Customize each app's permissions?

I agree that the battery consumption breakdown for Stock Pixels isnt that detailed and doesnt tell much. But permissions I thought its pretty accessible?
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
I have a question, I bought a USB type C earpiece that comes with a mouthpiece to talk on the phone. I can hear music but the other recipient can't hear my voice when I talk BUT when i use the google pixel ear piece, everything runs fine and I can talk on the phone and hear music. =_= I suspect my phone only likes google products and not other brands. Anyone knows why?

I have never tried this before but try looking for any settings that is available when your 3rd party USB type C earpiece is connected to your pixel?
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,327
Reaction score
3,863
What you referring to?

Customize each app's permissions?

I agree that the battery consumption breakdown for Stock Pixels isnt that detailed and doesnt tell much. But permissions I thought its pretty accessible?

I find pixel 3 permissions settings are not as comprehensive as the one I see on Samsung. I'm not saying Pixel doesn't let you customize, rather I feel it's not letting you customize enough for a Google phone.
 

fi5hbone

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2003
Messages
5,154
Reaction score
0
I find pixel 3 permissions settings are not as comprehensive as the one I see on Samsung. I'm not saying Pixel doesn't let you customize, rather I feel it's not letting you customize enough for a Google phone.
Oh I thought it is standard across all phones?
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
I find pixel 3 permissions settings are not as comprehensive as the one I see on Samsung. I'm not saying Pixel doesn't let you customize, rather I feel it's not letting you customize enough for a Google phone.
On Pixel phones, you can toggle individual permissions for individual apps. You can also view permissions by categories and toggle on/off for individual apps.

I haven't been using Samsung phones for quite some time but what kind of customisation do they allow?
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,327
Reaction score
3,863
Oh I thought it is standard across all phones?

On Pixel phones, you can toggle individual permissions for individual apps. You can also view permissions by categories and toggle on/off for individual apps.

I haven't been using Samsung phones for quite some time but what kind of customisation do they allow?

From what I tried at Singtel it's a bit different, but tomorrow I can probably get a better idea, or I might be wrong since I had very little time with the Pixel at Singtel itself.
 

kEvinErd

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
5,783
Reaction score
468
From what I tried at Singtel it's a bit different, but tomorrow I can probably get a better idea, or I might be wrong since I had very little time with the Pixel at Singtel itself.
Permissions aside, the level of customisation you can have for notifications on the Pixel is so granular it's crazy. Hahaha you either have lots of fun toggling them, or go crazy doing so.
 

marshroom

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2018
Messages
48
Reaction score
0
Re: Screen protector

Hi,

Anyone using sgfresh InvisShield? I realized I have one of these at home and thinking if I should use it? Any feedback on this SP???

I bought 1 adhesive from Amazon which the sized fits nicely and responsive but it attracts a lot of dust at the side, thus i took it off and now without SP.
 

KeYoKe

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
38,033
Reaction score
10,124
Hi,

Anyone using sgfresh InvisShield? I realized I have one of these at home and thinking if I should use it? Any feedback on this SP???

I bought 1 adhesive from Amazon which the sized fits nicely and responsive but it attracts a lot of dust at the side, thus i took it off and now without SP.

I think most screen protectors side will attract dust especially those loca base type

For me i avoid all loca based TG as the glue will sip in between the gaps between the screen and the frame which for pixel 3 xl the gap is quite big, and can be quite ugly after the glue dry
 

fevern0va

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2006
Messages
710
Reaction score
137
Hi,

Anyone using sgfresh InvisShield? I realized I have one of these at home and thinking if I should use it? Any feedback on this SP???

I bought 1 adhesive from Amazon which the sized fits nicely and responsive but it attracts a lot of dust at the side, thus i took it off and now without SP.

Don't use that crap if u value ur phone...
 

||||||||||

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
62,850
Reaction score
1,080
Hi,

Anyone using sgfresh InvisShield? I realized I have one of these at home and thinking if I should use it? Any feedback on this SP???

I bought 1 adhesive from Amazon which the sized fits nicely and responsive but it attracts a lot of dust at the side, thus i took it off and now without SP.

damn freaking messy. All the loca flood into my speaker.

Compare to Whitestone application method really big difference

Worst thing it lifted up after 1 week.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
I find pixel 3 permissions settings are not as comprehensive as the one I see on Samsung. I'm not saying Pixel doesn't let you customize, rather I feel it's not letting you customize enough for a Google phone.

When you say what samsung offers, which device and version you referring to? I only have access to my family member s8.

As a pixel 2 xl user since launched with Oreo, i feel the app notifications and permissions are already very well presented and customizable.

I noticed you mention your experience at singtel stores. Im assuming theirs is probably in the demo mode and maybe theres a certain lockdown so you arent able to fully access everything.
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
How do you customise your notofications?

Settings > apps & notifications > "Notifications" (this is global setting)

Settings > apps & notifications > see all apps > *choose your app* e.g. whatsapp > Notifications (this is custom for whatsapp)
 

wizardmao

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2010
Messages
28,491
Reaction score
65
Hi,

Anyone using sgfresh InvisShield? I realized I have one of these at home and thinking if I should use it? Any feedback on this SP???

I bought 1 adhesive from Amazon which the sized fits nicely and responsive but it attracts a lot of dust at the side, thus i took it off and now without SP.

Many pages back some users here feedback they dont really like it due to the loca glue used and design of the tgsp.

I personally use my pixel 2 xl since 14th nov 2017 till now with no tgsp. As good as brand new still.
 

Ks1991

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2010
Messages
1,884
Reaction score
9
Well, I ordered last week, the delivery date can set one so I set tomorrow which is the earliest they can. I still don't understand why the White one so hard to get, cannot collect from my nearby Singtel outlet, must die die pay $8 for the pop station delivery.

You could have talked to singtel live chat and request for pop station 8 dollars charge to be wavied off. Did it with mate 20 pro delivery back in December 2018.
 

Vulpix

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
105,327
Reaction score
3,863
You could have talked to singtel live chat and request for pop station 8 dollars charge to be wavied off. Did it with mate 20 pro delivery back in December 2018.

I did but they say cannot. No longer flexible because it's "special" wtf.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top