2018 iPad Pro

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
The family portrait is complete....its been an expensive year.

YJSdMR6.jpg

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TP does not affect the apple pencil, if you draw a lot Apple pencil is useful. To me pencil is a must been using Procreate for the longest time. Keyboard is good but when in handheld mode not so.

Procreate is awesome, I'm just bummed about the number of layers, dunno how many this new ipadpro can accommodate.

icheb

Reaction score
Wow I didn’t expect that it would be difficult to choose between the 11 inch and 12.9 inch version. In my experience hands on at the shop, both are compelling devices. The 12.9 inch surprisingly doesn’t feel gigantic at all.

In the end I chose the 11 inch over the 12.9 inch version. I feel that the 12.9 inch when looking at website, it’s gorgeous but just a tad too big. Like really the text and pictures on a website shown on the screen is just in your face kinda feeling.

I tried the 11 inch keyboard and I didn’t feel too small to use, hence I went for the 11 inch one. It’s more potable in my opinion and I see myself carrying the iPad out often.

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
Wow I didn’t expect that it would be difficult to choose between the 11 inch and 12.9 inch version. In my experience hands on at the shop, both are compelling devices. The 12.9 inch surprisingly doesn’t feel gigantic at all.

In the end I chose the 11 inch over the 12.9 inch version. I feel that the 12.9 inch when looking at website, it’s gorgeous but just a tad too big. Like really the text and pictures on a website shown on the screen is just in your face kinda feeling.

I tried the 11 inch keyboard and I didn’t feel too small to use, hence I went for the 11 inch one. It’s more potable in my opinion and I see myself carrying the iPad out often.

I echo your thoughts, esp the comment about it being "in your face"

metavolta

Reaction score
Since its the year end and some of us are going overseas.

Anyone planning to purchase the iPad Pro 11/12.9 at iStudio at the Airport Outlet?

The idea of less 7% GST is very tempting and furthermore, iStudio list their products on iShopChangiPortal and up to 0.3% - 5% off (depending on type of credit cards) for online purchases.

Anyone have the experience of purchasing Apple Products there before departure/arrival.. will we get charged 7% if we buy and fly overseas then come back?

Last edited:

spunkbrat

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The previous ipad the large size version, i ever did 100+ layers, no issue and no lag

Dependent on canvas size and dpi bah.

Seems like they are hyping Photoshop more than Procreate for this new release, I hate the former's subscription format tho.

tokyofanboi

Reaction score

Anyone planning to purchase the iPad Pro 11/12.9 at iStudio at the Airport Outlet?

The idea of less 7% GST is very tempting and furthermore, iStudio list their products on iShopChangiPortal and up to 5% off for online purchases.

Anyone have the experience of purchasing Apple Products there before departure/arrival.. will we get charged 7% if we buy and fly overseas then come back?

Only 7% off, no further discount, stocks are available but low. Currently only 11" 256GB Space Grey and must pick up when departure, need to open and use to avoid entering with GST (if they check on you)

tokyofanboi

Reaction score
Dependent on canvas size and dpi bah.

Seems like they are hyping Photoshop more than Procreate for this new release, I hate the former's subscription format tho.

photoshop see how it goes doubt the subscription is going to be cheap and confirm not 1 time off purchase. Im using custom A4 size with 300dpi with 100+ layers

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

The idea of less 7% GST is very tempting and furthermore, iStudio list their products on iShopChangiPortal and up to 5% off for online purchases.

I tried a few times for overseas friends. I don’t like the service and I am forced to buy some bundles at one time. Lol! Save 7% but spend more on useless stuff. If you don’t buy bundle, you can’t buy the item. Some references

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/ipad-air-2-faulty-screen-bought-istudio-now-they-dont-want-care-less-than-24-hours-4922186.html

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ipad-sanctum-311/fair-force-people-buy-bundle-3971126-11.html

For me, I won’t want to risk saving 7% and screwed the whole purchase which cost > $1500

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.