2018 Macbook Pros launched

arphamdb89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2003
Messages
6,477
Reaction score
131
Both are okay, depends what you use. Only the 128GB is a nono on air.

I’m seeking for some advice here.
I’m planning to get a refurb model of the MacBook Pro 2018.
Should I get the 256GB SSD or the 512GB ver? Planning to use the mac for around 2-3 years.
Another alternative is that I get the nTB model to save some cash.
 

elendil5259

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2017
Messages
83
Reaction score
1
If you are doing 4K video editing, the touchbar version with quad core processors will help.

Space wise, even with bootcamp, I personally found 256 sufficient, since most completed videos can be offloaded into an external ssd/hdd.

If you want to avoid too many accessories, then just go for 512gb.

Definitely refurb if you can. No reason to get brand new.

I’m seeking for some advice here.
I’m planning to get a refurb model of the MacBook Pro 2018.
Should I get the 256GB SSD or the 512GB ver? Planning to use the mac for around 2-3 years.
Another alternative is that I get the nTB model to save some cash.
 

hereiam7788

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
5,261
Reaction score
1,005
I’m seeking for some advice here.
I’m planning to get a refurb model of the MacBook Pro 2018.
Should I get the 256GB SSD or the 512GB ver? Planning to use the mac for around 2-3 years.
Another alternative is that I get the nTB model to save some cash.

512gb for sure. 8gb is sufficient for normal usage.
 

Cheese Steak

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
18
Bite the bullet and got the refurb 13 inch TB Macbook with 512gb SSD. $2449.
Hopefully will not regret.
 

arphamdb89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2003
Messages
6,477
Reaction score
131
Just ordered a 15 inch 2018 TB Pro. Takes one week to be ready. Anyone using a keyboard cover? I know we don’t close the lid with cover on to prevent damage to retina screen.

Which cover to buy?
 

defghijsg

Banned
Joined
Feb 18, 2019
Messages
557
Reaction score
0
A bigger macbook is coming this 19! I think way better value than the ones now or I'm using an 18 version.
 

arphamdb89

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2003
Messages
6,477
Reaction score
131
No one knows what is the new refreshed stats. My take on this is if you need it for work just get one with the new Vega 16 or 20 gpu.

A bigger macbook is coming this 19! I think way better value than the ones now or I'm using an 18 version.
 

ducklegsux

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
453
Reaction score
0
Anyone experiencing wifi connectivity issues when your MAC wakes up from sleep?

- MBP13” Tb 2018
- hidden SSID
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top