Saw the player at HN and BD at Parkway Parade![]()
Nice...
Will help you guys look out where else have UBP-X700.
Time to tap on 4K UHD HDR!
Don't know which movie is good to try the new player.

Saw the player at HN and BD at Parkway Parade![]()
Amazon is selling Sony x700 for about SG$260++ including shipping to Singapore.
Cheap but no local warranty (1 yr + 3 months).
If unit spoil means buy new one or try service it locally.
Disc player usually won't spoil but you never know
any damage during shipping or not.

For those hoping to get the UBP-X700 cheaper, Sony days are coming
and all Sony Blu ray player are at 25%.![]()
Heng ah! Cuz I usually buy from Sony store, their info is always
correct that I should wait.
I have yet to buy the player as I knew this would happen.
Save me some $ can go hoot 4k UHD Disc.
The X700 have alot of freezes heard from this video do take noted
For those hoping to get the UBP-X700 cheaper, Sony days are coming
and all Sony Blu ray player are at 25%.![]()
Heng ah! Cuz I usually buy from Sony store, their info is always
correct that I should wait.
I have yet to buy the player as I knew this would happen.
Save me some $ can go hoot 4k UHD Disc.
I have already ordered one with the 25% discount at a shop today. So it may not worth the risk of overseas unit. I did bought the X800 from amazon last year.
My x800 sony uhd also got it from amazon. I have connected thru a step down transformer Since the 1st day i used . Today i was arranging the wire and cables and after that end up i couldnt power on back the x800. Try different power supply point with the step down transformer also no use. I suspected might be the transformer and So i took the risk and hook up directly without the step down and it still work safety!
ThanksAny issue with x800 from US?
Sony days is start tomorrow till July so good time to get X700 with 25% discount.

No issue with my x800 from US. Now hesitating if I should take a leap of faith to plug directly to the main without the transformer![]()
I also bought my X800 last year from Amazon. Have been using the step-down transformer since day 1. From my reading here, it seems that everyone who have tried without the transformer has no issue. Am I correct? It will need a bit of faith for me to try plugging directly to the mainThanks
The X700 have alot of freezes heard from this video do take noted
Happened to my set once since I bought it 1 week ago.
I wondering why ppl going for X700 despite it's problem top up a few hundred bucks more you could get something like a xbox one x which support Dolby atmos and HDR maybe Dolby vision might be added in for future updates you still able to play games like upcoming halo 6 and etc...in build streaming service like netflix, youtube and etc....the only down side i see is the fan noise due to the processing power.... or can wait for the new panasonic new line up coming soon...there are budget version of it as well