4k UHD players discussion thread

wstam

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
I received by x700 on Fri. Hooked it up in my bedroom. So far so good. Didn't know that there is a shortage of stock.
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,462
Reaction score
6,010
I received by x700 on Fri. Hooked it up in my bedroom. So far so good. Didn't know that there is a shortage of stock.

Envy those who managed to get it.
I am literally like finding gold. :s13:
I too also thought Sony SG should bring in plenty of stock.
but somehow it is limited.

Go here and there, the shelf are empty.
Maybe they fear won't sell well so don't dare to bring too many.
Hopefully this week, they bring in plenty of stock.

$314 is really deal breaker.
Finger cross that this week can get it as I am literally wild goose chase. :s22:
If I see it, I better hoot!
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,462
Reaction score
6,010
Finally got it!
Out of the 5 units that came in today at
Sony store.
I managed to secure one!
Time to test and play around.
 

Amon86

Master Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,009
Reaction score
1,619
Here's an example of Oppo's 205 doing up-scaling from DVD 480p to 1080p on my existing tv....the (LoHR) were capture as well on my 4-third micro normally you can't see it but oppo really does a great job the hairlines were noticeable....

k2hLSWd.jpg
 
Last edited:

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,462
Reaction score
6,010
Good movie to play on 4K UHD.
Lately I play Dunrik, so far quite impressive compared with Full HD Blu ray.
 

Amon86

Master Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,009
Reaction score
1,619
So what movies have you guys watched on your 4k sets?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

Got black panther yesterday as it was release in sg....love the scene at the casino that is really inking black level....the lights on the street during car chase the reflection on the roads really are nice i am running on an oppo 205.....actually i wanna buy maze runner death cure uhd but they didn't had it.....my upcoming uhd will be tomb raider 2018

TxR5efs.jpg
 

petetherock

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
10,215
Reaction score
1,141
Does the local 4k disc give you itunes access?
Maybe we should do a mini MO of discs from Amazon..
 

Amon86

Master Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,009
Reaction score
1,619
Does the local 4k disc give you itunes access?
Maybe we should do a mini MO of discs from Amazon..

No it's doesn't i open up there isn't any codes just two disc first disc is the movie in UHD the second is the features only in bluray 1080p
 

Streetsoldier

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
350
Reaction score
3
Got black panther yesterday as it was release in sg....love the scene at the casino that is really inking black level....the lights on the street during car chase the reflection on the roads really are nice i am running on an oppo 205.....actually i wanna buy maze runner death cure uhd but they didn't had it.....my upcoming uhd will be tomb raider 2018

TxR5efs.jpg
Where did you get that? I was quoted it will arrive sg in 2 weeks time.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,462
Reaction score
6,010
Does the local 4k disc give you itunes access?
Maybe we should do a mini MO of discs from Amazon..

Unfortunately only US version.
I heard that local 4K UHD are not as good as US version.
But will debunk this myth when I got time.
 

kranetechnik

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Hi...anyone here knows what the difference..i order my sony UBP X800 from amazon..but received as UBP X80.
 

petetherock

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
10,215
Reaction score
1,141
Do note, you have to play with the settings on your AV amp.. initially the screen was blank!
I plugged it into the TV directly and it worked, but when I included the amp, it was a blank screen!
So I went into the settings and choose video output to be 4.2.0
Then voila!
dv-on-sony-x700-and-z9d-jpeg.1023272
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,462
Reaction score
6,010
Do note, you have to play with the settings on your AV amp.. initially the screen was blank!
I plugged it into the TV directly and it worked, but when I included the amp, it was a blank screen!
So I went into the settings and choose video output to be 4.2.0
Then voila!
dv-on-sony-x700-and-z9d-jpeg.1023272

Nice, I don't think my X8000E have DV. :(
Can try but not likely.
 

Amon86

Master Member
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
3,009
Reaction score
1,619
Gotten this today think it is a US version....now gonna wait till my screen setup done then could test them out

De0Bbxn.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top