Adams peanut butter.

galapogos

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Aug 30, 2000
Messages
30,098
Reaction score
42
is it a must to keep the Adams in the fridge after opening and stirring?

what will happen i just leave it at room temperature?

If it has no preservatives, I'd put it in the fridge. I'd stir it before putting it it in though. The fats solidify in low temperatures and become impossible to stir.
 

vurtomatic

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2002
Messages
8,688
Reaction score
5
I never put in the fridge, I assume the layer of oil prevents any oxygen and risks of it going bad? Shrug. Broscience.
 

rockstarz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
5,737
Reaction score
0
But after some time it will form up again.... I keep mine in fridge upside down , no issue nice creamy and cold hahaha
 

xerref

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
5,129
Reaction score
27
I find that the easiest method is to leave it upside down overnight then stir with a fork.

Also I thought salt is only bad if you have high blood pressure? Makes it taste better IMO
 

RabbitKing

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
11,521
Reaction score
0
yup I got the ones with the oil on top. I think I almost broke a chopstick trying to stir... have to say it tastes pretty good. I followed vurt's suggestion to mix choco whey with the pb and holy shiat... it tastes like melted choco ice cream!!!!!!!! :eek:

farrkkkk i only has strawberry whey :(
 

rockstarz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
5,737
Reaction score
0
Today I went down again it was sold out alr. Last week there was a number of tubs there , guess it moves pretty fast
 

addict951

High Honorary Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2002
Messages
188,334
Reaction score
20,578
eh yall come Civic NTUC lah
Many bottles leh
All 3 'flavour' also hv
few weeks ago got offer somemore
 

kitsura

Banned
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
4,089
Today I went down again it was sold out alr. Last week there was a number of tubs there , guess it moves pretty fast
The staff there bluff me said they don't stock it there and not that it was out of stock. Guess they not earning that much on it so decided not to restock.

0/10 will not go back. 2x Adams is still cheaper than their regular price of $12+ for Meridian. Peanut is peanut. Who cares if it comes from US or UK.
 

Soul77

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2001
Messages
2,232
Reaction score
13
The staff there bluff me said they don't stock it there and not that it was out of stock. Guess they not earning that much on it so decided not to restock.

0/10 will not go back. 2x Adams is still cheaper than their regular price of $12+ for Meridian. Peanut is peanut. Who cares if it comes from US or UK.

Ya.. dunno why they don't want to restock. In the end, bought the 1kg at their original price of $12.90 at their 313 store.

It's so bloody difficult to hunt for the adams peanut butter at NTUC. I guess I'll write to the NTUC, point them to this thread, throw away all those skippy, peter pan, plantars garbage, and replace with the adams stirr version on all their outlets (maybe ask them to give the peanut butter stirrer as bonus :D
 

kitsura

Banned
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
11,842
Reaction score
4,089
Ya.. dunno why they don't want to restock. In the end, bought the 1kg at their original price of $12.90 at their 313 store.

It's so bloody difficult to hunt for the adams peanut butter at NTUC. I guess I'll write to the NTUC, point them to this thread, throw away all those skippy, peter pan, plantars garbage, and replace with the adams stirr version on all their outlets (maybe ask them to give the peanut butter stirrer as bonus :D
Dunno why it's so difficult. I guess if you go to the smaller outlets they have lesser stock so i always go to bigger ones to find. That said almost everytime I go to the Singpost Center branch they will have stock for 3 flavors of Adams.
 

pekipom

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
2,389
Reaction score
0
think NTUC recently brought in new stocks.. got creamy and creamy unsalted from tpy ntuc today. no crunchy

have finished 1 jar a week by myself and am onto my 4th jar... still loving the taste haha
 

rockstarz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
5,737
Reaction score
0
The staff there bluff me said they don't stock it there and not that it was out of stock. Guess they not earning that much on it so decided not to restock.

0/10 will not go back. 2x Adams is still cheaper than their regular price of $12+ for Meridian. Peanut is peanut. Who cares if it comes from US or UK.

After trying both , I feel Meridian taste better , the peanut really gao gao.
 

yamcancook

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
985
Reaction score
0
What is so special about this Adams peanut butter as compared to skippy? from some posts i read, the texture is smoother, and its healthier? But how much healthier is it?
 

galapogos

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Aug 30, 2000
Messages
30,098
Reaction score
42
What is so special about this Adams peanut butter as compared to skippy? from some posts i read, the texture is smoother, and its healthier? But how much healthier is it?

Adam, and other natural peanut butters, contain only peanuts (and sometimes salt)...nothing else. Look at the ingredients in Skippy and you can tell the difference.
 

yamcancook

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2009
Messages
985
Reaction score
0
ok. so out of curiosity, i went to the supermarket in my neighborhood. Sells each at $5.20, all 3 versions.

One question..
For the oil that settles on the top of the peanut butter, do you guys actually mix it, or throw it away? do you guys buy the one without the oil, or with the oil?
 

rockstarz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
5,737
Reaction score
0
ok. so out of curiosity, i went to the supermarket in my neighborhood. Sells each at $5.20, all 3 versions.

One question..
For the oil that settles on the top of the peanut butter, do you guys actually mix it, or throw it away? do you guys buy the one without the oil, or with the oil?

Mix it , u want to pour also can. but it's gonna be dry and tacky. pain in the ass to apply to your bread or even to chew it down.
 

sujun93

Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2011
Messages
391
Reaction score
0
ok. so out of curiosity, i went to the supermarket in my neighborhood. Sells each at $5.20, all 3 versions.

One question..
For the oil that settles on the top of the peanut butter, do you guys actually mix it, or throw it away? do you guys buy the one without the oil, or with the oil?

With oil on top.. Invert the bottle before mixing, will be so much easier
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top