AE Aego-M User Official Thread!

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,880
Reaction score
3,148
Has anyone tried the 3.1 Aego M setup? Now the satellite speaker is selling for $100 per piece. Is the music better?
 

duckling

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2000
Messages
4,451
Reaction score
11
Has anyone tried the 3.1 Aego M setup? Now the satellite speaker is selling for $100 per piece. Is the music better?

Why would a Stereo setup needs 3 speakers; it may become worse...don't know never try before but I would invest my extra $100 for better speaker cables & interconnects.
 

duckling

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2000
Messages
4,451
Reaction score
11
CE at SLS. Now selling for $100 per satellite rather than $150. So I thought it may sound like a good deal. ;)

$100 per satellite sounds pretty expensive to me...the whole 2.1 set cost around $240 (as mentioned by people who bought it recently); it would be more cost effective to get 3 people to share & split the cost.

Maybe $100 for Subwoofer & $70 for each satellite...just a suggestion. :)
 

tessss

Master Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,038
Hello guys, i bought my Aego M last Monday and I am loving it. The bass is very good and not "usless" as what some people have commented.

However guys, you all should check which shop is the authorised dealer in Singapore through the AE main website before purchasing your speakers ok. Some shops are selling at 20 - 30 dollars cheaper but the warrenty is not valid in Singapore.
 

sukhoi37

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
874
Reaction score
0
welcome to the club.
yeah, i'm satisfied with the subwoofer as well.
i use bass lvl2 for music and lvl3 for movie, that's more than enough for me.
 

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
48,329
Reaction score
144
funny thing about Aego M and Auzen Prelude..

After I paired these together, I've always have my bass @ Lv.1 :eek:
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,880
Reaction score
3,148
funny thing about Aego M and Auzen Prelude..

After I paired these together, I've always have my bass @ Lv.1 :eek:

Same as my modded X-Fi card. :s13: Even my previous Gigaworks T40 is too boomy after the black-gate mod. :s13:
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,880
Reaction score
3,148
funny thing about Aego M and Auzen Prelude..

After I paired these together, I've always have my bass @ Lv.1 :eek:

Same as my modded X-Fi card. :s13: Even my previous Gigaworks T40 is too boomy after the black-gate mod. :s13:
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,880
Reaction score
3,148
I posted this yesterday in another thread:

Hoping to increase my Aego M sound quality, I decided to take the plunge to buy some good quality audio cables.

Canare 4s8:

30le5ht.jpg


Close up:

2ni2yiu.jpg


Belden audio cables:

10g9shk.jpg


Close up:

fvxtub.jpg


Total damage: $57

So is it worth it? I went home eagerly to test it out. I have a mini nightmare trying to fit the audio cables into the back of the Aego sub-woofer because the wires are easily frayed. I spent nearly 20-30 minutes trying to push them in.

I decided to play 2 music that I always listen to: Santorini (by Yanni) and Koi (by Kitaro)-- both were ripped at maximum format and played using Creative Mediasource. All audio settings are all left un-touched the night before.

The audio quality does improves! Yes! To quantify it, I would say an improvement of about 20-25%. The audio improvement is like there is more details (I can hear more vivid clapping from audience), sharper notes sound more in detail and oh, everything sounded more in detail! It also sounded more gentle and blend well. But it did take me quite a while to realize it. I have to really turn up the volume and listen and concentrate in order to notice and appreciate the difference.

Overall, the money is well-spent! Very satisfied Aego M + Canare/Belden cable owner here! Next up, either a good USB DAC or a very good audiophile grade sound-card! :o
 
Last edited:

duckling

Master Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2000
Messages
4,451
Reaction score
11
Thanks for the pictures, erwinrommel.

I would do the same but probably get switchcraft or Neutrik plugs.

Lastly, USB DAC FTW!

Can try StyleAudio, Fubar or maybe CityPulse! :D
 

ludacris10

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
10,500
Reaction score
5
Hey Aego-M users. Which 1 would be a good pair-up. A Fubar II DAC or a Xonar Soundcard/X-fi Titanium for the Aego-M. My budget is ard 150-180
 

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,767
Reaction score
30,365
Hey Aego-M users. Which 1 would be a good pair-up. A Fubar II DAC or a Xonar Soundcard/X-fi Titanium for the Aego-M. My budget is ard 150-180

Trends UD10.1 Lite $150 - Audiotrio

Death to Fubar... lol.
 

wwenze

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 2, 2002
Messages
86,767
Reaction score
30,365
Lol may i ask why the hate with fubar?

Coz it's overpriced here in SG, specs are not up to par with others at same price, but is made famous due to a particular famous shop.

And for a while here it was like USB DAC = Fubar = Confirm Best Liao, even though there are many other fishes in the big ocean. :) <--- where my hate comes from. Nothing to do with the shop, but it's the sheep-like follow-the-crowd behavious that pisses me. :)

One another fish is the SuperPro DAC @ $209, but even this has been overshadowed by the many Chinese products that came out/became well-known recently. :s22:
 

ludacris10

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
10,500
Reaction score
5
Hahah icic coz i'm just testing water for DACs :) thx for ur recommendation mate. I'll be checking it out later on :D
 

Gausss

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
1,259
Reaction score
0
I posted this yesterday in another thread:

Hoping to increase my Aego M sound quality, I decided to take the plunge to buy some good quality audio cables.

Canare 4s8:

30le5ht.jpg


Close up:

2ni2yiu.jpg


Belden inter-connects:

10g9shk.jpg


Close up:

fvxtub.jpg


Total damage: $57

So is it worth it? I went home eagerly to test it out. I have a mini nightmare trying to fit the inter-connects into the back of the Aego sub-woofer because the wires are easily frayed. I spent nearly 20-30 minutes trying to push them in.

I decided to play 2 music that I always listen to: Santorini (by Yanni) and Koi (by Kitaro)-- both were ripped at maximum format and played using Creative Mediasource. All audio settings are all left un-touched the night before.

The audio quality does improves! Yes! To quantify it, I would say an improvement of about 20-25%. The audio improvement is like there is more details (I can hear more vivid clapping from audience), sharper notes sound more in detail and oh, everything sounded more in detail! It also sounded more gentle and blend well. But it did take me quite a while to realize it. I have to really turn up the volume and listen and concentrate in order to notice and appreciate the difference.

Overall, the money is well-spent! Very satisfied Aego M + Canare/Belden cable owner here! Next up, either a good USB DAC or a very good audiophile grade sound-card! :o

woot~ nice cables heard abt many upgrading to Canare/Belden but didnt know how they look like so thx for the pics!! :D
can u share the breakdown of the prices? how long are the Canare and Belden inter-connects?
u bought them at LHS at sim lim tower? thx~
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top