AE Aego-M User Official Thread!

r_aquarii

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
2,305
Reaction score
0
cheapest right now i think is city electronic...
jaben dun carry this product...
 

sheringam

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2002
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
0
How to terminate Belden 1313a cable with RCA for the speakers? From the sub woofer to the 2 speakers. Went to LHS and want to use Belden 1313a for the speakers but was told it's too thick. Thick speaker cables better?

Belden 1313A 10AWG 259x34 OFHC speaker cable
Belden 1311A 12AWD 168x34 OFHC speaker cable
Belden 1309A 14AWG 105x34 OFHC speaker cable
Belden 1307A 16AWG 65x34 OFHC speaker cable

http://www.belden.com/pdfs/prodbull/NP232.pdf
 

r_aquarii

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
2,305
Reaction score
0
atlas which model?
i using questor...
urs should be atlas quadstar if i not wrong...
 

dunpokeme

Senior Member
Joined
May 16, 2005
Messages
534
Reaction score
0
How to terminate Belden 1313a cable with RCA for the speakers? From the sub woofer to the 2 speakers. Went to LHS and want to use Belden 1313a for the speakers but was told it's too thick. Thick speaker cables better?

Belden 1313A 10AWG 259x34 OFHC speaker cable
Belden 1311A 12AWD 168x34 OFHC speaker cable
Belden 1309A 14AWG 105x34 OFHC speaker cable
Belden 1307A 16AWG 65x34 OFHC speaker cable

http://www.belden.com/pdfs/prodbull/NP232.pdf

You should see the actual cable.

1311A and above awg I not sure, but u think the 1313A can fit in the clipping holes on the AegoM sub meh?
 

sheringam

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2002
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
0
You should see the actual cable.

1311A and above awg I not sure, but u think the 1313A can fit in the clipping holes on the AegoM sub meh?

http://www.atlascables.com/index.php?id=199

Belden 1313A 10AWG 259x34
Belden 1311A 12AWG 168x34
Belden 1309A 14AWG 105x34
Belden 1307A 16AWG 65x34

10AWG diameter 2.588mm and area 5.260mm2
12AWG diameter 2.052mm and area 3.308mm2
14AWG diameter 1.628mm and area 2.082mm2
16AWG diameter 1.290mm and area 1.308mm2

Unless trim away some parts of the copper, there's no way 1313A can fit in. But I'm wondering how come so bros here recommend and use 1313A for the speaker.

I'm using 1309A and it fit into the clipping holes nicely. 1313A is 1.59 times thick than 1309A. Way too thick to fit in properly.
 

Surreptitious

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 29, 2008
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, I'm actually considering between Aego M and Kilpsch GMX A-2.1, anyone familiar with both models care to give a fair comparison?

I'll be using it mainly for music, don't really game anymore, and sometimes watch movies on my computer.

Also, I think Aego M doesn't cover the full 20Hz - 20kHz range... any comments about this?

Furthermore I notice people using Aego M tend to change the cables, how much do these cost? And I'm quite clueless about these stuff actually.

Thanks.
 

aditzz

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2006
Messages
1,153
Reaction score
0
Is Aego M good for mid bass? Does it have a good clarity for mid bass?

Not the thumping bass such as in Hiphop n RnB song. What I mean is the sound of bass guitar.
 

K20A

Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2001
Messages
7,509
Reaction score
460
Ha, finally got my go-vibe usb dac. The vocal is fuller , back ground music is more discrete by 20%. Quite satisfied. :D
 

erwinrommel

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2007
Messages
27,871
Reaction score
3,142
Hi guys, I'm actually considering between Aego M and Kilpsch GMX A-2.1, anyone familiar with both models care to give a fair comparison?

I'll be using it mainly for music, don't really game anymore, and sometimes watch movies on my computer.

Also, I think Aego M doesn't cover the full 20Hz - 20kHz range... any comments about this?

Furthermore I notice people using Aego M tend to change the cables, how much do these cost? And I'm quite clueless about these stuff actually.

Thanks.

Is Aego M good for mid bass? Does it have a good clarity for mid bass?

Not the thumping bass such as in Hiphop n RnB song. What I mean is the sound of bass guitar.

I suggest go there and audition them before deciding which to buy. :D

Anyway, just an update. CE is now selling Aego M for $250, excluding 7% GST.
 
Last edited:

r_aquarii

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2007
Messages
2,305
Reaction score
0
I suggest go there and audition them before deciding which to buy. :D

Anyway, just an update. CE is now selling Aego M for $250, excluding 7% GST.

heng i bought it before the price went up...
=P

just hoot up with my new toy. edifier head amp.. the sound staging really improve alot....
 

sheringam

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2002
Messages
1,992
Reaction score
0
How about Aego M pair up with Styleaudio Carat-HDV1?

Have upgrade speaker cables. Yet to upgrade interconnect and to DAC. :)

styleaudio.png
 
Last edited:

ahhong88

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
117
Reaction score
0
bought the aego m last week. Didnt test the unit cos the salesgirl guarantee that there wont be any problem. Yesterday night when i tried to connect my w810i to the input jack in front of the woofer, only the right speaker had sound coming out. Went to exchange the woofer just now. Maybe i'm the only unlucky people that get a faulty speaker. Anyway, the sound is superb!! just that the woofer a bit soft compared to others.
 

ludacris10

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
10,500
Reaction score
5
woah yea saw the price. and it's limited to 100 customers. lucky moi bought it at 246 :p
 

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
48,329
Reaction score
144
bought the aego m last week. Didnt test the unit cos the salesgirl guarantee that there wont be any problem. Yesterday night when i tried to connect my w810i to the input jack in front of the woofer, only the right speaker had sound coming out. Went to exchange the woofer just now. Maybe i'm the only unlucky people that get a faulty speaker. Anyway, the sound is superb!! just that the woofer a bit soft compared to others.
subjective, imo.

after weeks of bass 1, i finally flipped the control switch to 2 and woah!

ITS BASS ROCKS! :D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top