Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Hello, may i check which configuration did you guys choose to run the trunking? Outside the room, or inside the room/hidden behind the wardrobe? Which is better? I'm in a deciding dilemma of running the trunking.

Outside room: Easy/cheaper for repair/maintenance in future
Inside room: More neat and tidy
(No offense to anyone choosing either way)

Put on top of wardrobe still better and save place, such as runing trunking at bottom wall and then cover up with built-in wardrobe really troublesome when dismantle the FCU as well.

Tsuchimi

Reaction score
Hi everyone! need some help here. I want to install AC at home. System 2, but i don't know anything about AC. Can anyone help? :)

leejunwei

Reaction score
Hi, I have a small room that needs to be airconditioned because it can get pretty hot and humid during the day. I'm on a budget and I'm looking into either getting a portable aircon or those casement type ones. My budget is around $200-300, any recommendations?

I'm quite worried about those 'reconditioned' casement aircons since they are mostly really old models and I don't trust their 10 year old circuits, might catch on fire or something.

xtreme84

Reaction score
My EuropAce system 3 has been working pretty well so far for the past 1.5 years.

It's a bit noisy though, but I think it could be due to my old piping.

tessss

Reaction score
GC warrenty upgrade

Hello experts here, I know this question has been asked many times. I read this thread from start until now still could not get a conclusion. Haha

Is the gain city 5 year unlimited warrenty just a gimmick with full of terms and condition or is recommended to upgrade.

And usually how you all make payment. Is it risky to make full payment before installation

Thank you guys.

PostCountWarrior[+1]

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
complete noob here, wanna install air con for 3 bed rooms (no living room). what should I look at and how much costs am I looking at? Thanks.

hOp3SoT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gas leakage due to lack installer.
No gas at all, so you won't feel cold anymore and the signal sign for blinking and tells you needs to check it out.

Just an update, its due to a component fused on the PCB.

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
Do not buy from TRENTIOS portable aircon!

1) Not cold. Only Cold air! (personal opinion)

2) Delivery man dare to charge us installation charges even though in the invoice, it is clearly stated that installation fees will be FOC. Is the delivery man trying to earn some extra money?

Contemplating whether to issue complaints to CASE.

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks .. will go for 24K BTU. Btw . ME sys 1 compresor is giantic comapre to sys 3. Height 880 mm... why is that so ? i though sys 3 should have a bigger compressor ?

Like CG or natural cool, allbest, they can customize the condenser used 3A28VA + GE24VA as well

Repsol_2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using Mitsubishi Inverter Starmex system 4 since 2009 replacing my 8 year old Daikin. Both brand I considered as excellent.

9x9x9x18 - configurations

My current starmex i think is the First Gen model, so far never break down. Did the usual maintenance over the years.

Moving on to my new BTO, I just purchased and installed the latest Mitsubishi System 4 starmex 5 ticks. Bought from Gain city, overall installation is fine. Some upgrades such as Armaflex, piping 16mm, copper 22. yet to move in to my new hse to test the actual power consumption.

Current config
9x9x9x24

As a heavy user, my AC is on almost 24/7 on daily basis. I hope Power consumption with 5 star ratings will help.

IMHO, its best to get a System 4 rather than a sys 3. Why? SG so hot. Living room sometimes need AC when me & wife hang around in the living room. It will be uncomfortable without AC. Pls I don't plan to install ceiling FAN. These fan won't help much to cool down the living room except blowing hot air.

I believe those that checked the first 20 pages in this thread will know the exact date I install my System 4 Starmex. Didn't expect this thread would grow to 446. hahaha

Last edited:

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got this quote for Daikin.
Worth it or not?
Is gain city still good?
I last used them in 2000...
Heard comments they not as good now.

System 4: 4MKS80 + FTKS25 x 3 + FTKS50 at $4108
(5 years extended warranty)

Includes the following:Copper 22 Gauge (with 1/2" insulation) Armaflex Class 1 insulation
16mm drainage pipe (with 1/4" insulation) Vacuum system
PVC trunking
Full charge of R410a refrigerant gas
Testing and commissioning
2 installation trips.*

smoothtalker

Reaction score
wow.. the new Urusara7 of Daikin and Mitsubishi FJ series is shocking efficient. 5 Ticks.. the FJ ssytem 3 is more efficient than my LG system 2. Jin sad... just changed to LG 3 months ago but now mitsubishi system 3 only 2295kwh. very sad!

new-mitsubishi-starmex-aircon-system-3-energy-label-150x150.jpg

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
wow.. the new Urusara7 of Daikin and Mitsubishi FJ series is shocking efficient. 5 Ticks.. the FJ ssytem 3 is more efficient than my LG system 2. Jin sad... just changed to LG 3 months ago but now mitsubishi system 3 only 2295kwh. very sad!

new-mitsubishi-starmex-aircon-system-3-energy-label-150x150.jpg

Can't following up the latest technology at all.

As long you enjoy the AC cooling good than enough :D

28degree

Reaction score
Hi peepz....

For a resale 5-room flat...
Was looking at System 5, but seem like only Toshiba has that in the market....
Is System 4 enough?
Maybe due to budget.. might go for the latter...

If any gurus here can advise would be good...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.