Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlkchew

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ho experts, just had my aircon checked and technician says it is getting high amp. What does this mean and how it can occur?

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Any idea how much will it cost for repair / replace faulty PCB if it was PCB problem?

Not too sure, you need to check with AC repair & serving guy.

You can ask redcon too, since he really hardworking and posting thread here :D

tomoya

Reaction score
Hi I'm planning to install aircon for my house. This is my first time purchasing aircon. Wanna ask usually where do ur buy aircon? Courts, best, gain city or any other reputable dealer?

tomoya

Reaction score
My bedroom has only 1 powerpoint. When installing the aircon will it come with additional powerpoint or do I have to source someone myself to install for me??

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
My bedroom has only 1 powerpoint. When installing the aircon will it come with additional powerpoint or do I have to source someone myself to install for me??

You can just install yourself. Go to hardware shop buy, use screwdriver open up. Close with double powerpoint. Done

Last edited:

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi i have 2 rooms to install new split aircon, i'm on budget of $1.5k possible to get on the market?

herzog21

Reaction score
I have an inverter system 3 aircon in my house. recently done a chemical wash on the aircon in my room and gas pumped into the compressor. but on somenights the room will be cold and other nights it will alternate between cold and warm.

does anyone know what's the problem exactly?
Pls advise.

dimm88

Reaction score
Hi guys, recently I purchased a LG Non-Artcool inverter system 3, but yet to be delivered and installed:

2 x AMNC09GDBA2 (9000 BTU) - for 1 BR and 1 Study
1 x AMNC12GDBA2 (12000 BTU) - for 1 MBR
1 x A4UQ26GFA1 ( 4 ticks)

Then suddenly wife got another idea of arrangement:

2 x 9000BTU - for 1 BR and 1 MBR
1 x 12000 BTU - for living room

Living room is about 3m x 10m with no partition in between. Most activities is only at one half of the living room ie TV and sofa etc. Is 12000BTU enough to cool half of the living room with a ceiling fan? Hardly all 3 units will be turn on the same time, at most only 2 units.

Please advise. Thanks.

herzog21

Reaction score
I have an inverter system 3 aircon in my house. recently done a chemical wash on the aircon in my room and gas pumped into the compressor. but on somenights the room will be cold and other nights it will alternate between cold and warm.

Pls advise.

no one here knows why?

STREAM2

Reaction score
Any idea how much will it cost for repair / replace faulty PCB if it was PCB problem?
You can try call Airecontrol as in their website here they do PCB repair.
See item 6 has some price indication.
-- http://www.airecontrol.com/aircon-servicing

Sorry I hv not used them as better to get aircon guy to troubleshoot the actual cause before starting any repairs.
===============================

thamkw2002

Reaction score
Reno contractor need

Hi all,
Need to replaced my current sys 3 non-inverter to sys 4 but there's a need to remove one tv console, cornice and open up a false ceiling in order to lay the pipings for the 2 BR.

Any recommendation for contractor that can perform the above prior to my aircon replacement or is there anyone that can do it all under one roof?

herzog21

Reaction score

Pls advise.

Mitsubishi Electric
I wasn't home when they did the chemical wash. my parents were but they doesn't know anything. the guy, Raymond is a trusted technician/owner who is highly recommended.

You mention thermostat problem? I don't understand......

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mitsubishi Electric
I wasn't home when they did the chemical wash. my parents were but they doesn't know anything. the guy, Raymond is a trusted technician/owner who is highly recommended.

You mention thermostat problem? I don't understand......

Would suspect thermistor problem. If u r comfortable with DIY, plug out ur thermistor, use a multimeter to measure the resistance. Then try to measure it in different temperature (e.g. in ice water and in room temperature water). If u keep seeing no change or ur multimeter registers open/short circuit, then it is thermistor problem. thermistor very cheap one.

if not then the problem could be elsewhere (e.g PCB board)

Or check the thermistor got attached firmly to the PCB board or not, or if is the wire loose

Last edited:

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
He he recieved my latest bill.
But quite often stay home :D
Also added 3 units APs and 2 more ventilation fan and also forgot turn off 10k bedroom AC for 8 hrs at least + water storage tank too :(

Anyway just increased another $20 worth it

688BAF47-0F31-49F3-B1EE-9E54DEB20E26_zps96mk6o4k.jpg

Last edited:

AceyourMaths

Banned
Reaction score
He he recieved my latest bill.
But quite often stay home :D
Also added 3 units APs and 2 more ventilation fan and also forgot turn off 10k bedroom AC for 8 hrs at least + water storage tank too :(

Anyway just increased another $20 worth it

688BAF47-0F31-49F3-B1EE-9E54DEB20E26_zps96mk6o4k.jpg

Bills are sometimes based on estimates from previous months usage. You need to assess your next 3 months bills first.

kimsim

Suspended
Reaction score
Bills are sometimes based on estimates from previous months usage. You need to assess your next 3 months bills first.

You can see the *meant is a average, they won't wait until 3 mths come a once.

From Oct @ 580 kW/h is consider high already.
We adjusted best on Aug. for the 11A current limitation :D

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
more like under estimated in Sep and compensated in Oct...just divide the 2 months and your bill should be more accurate...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.