Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need your advice urgently.
Natural Cool has replaced to Daikin MA56EV16 and FT50FVM (non-inverter) from previous inverter series in my living/dining area and the results have been disappointing.
Though i set it at the min 18 degree but it wasn't cold. Natural Cool salesman Tommy claimed that it's not their problem if air was not cold, i have to contact Daikin directly.
Daikin servicemen came 3 times - 1st group said it's like that (not super cold) because it's non inverter and top up the gas. 2nd group came and changed the "?board" but no cold air after 1 week and same group came for 3rd time - said that the gas may have leak so top up gas again and the valve cover. Now it's blowing cold air but it's not super cold even though it is set at 18 degrees. The coldness is like 25 degrees.
Have anyone has this problem? Why is aircon behaving this way?
Who is responsible for this? Natural Cool or Daikin?
I am trying to resolve this before my warranty expires in Dec.
Paid $1.9k and super disappointed with the product.
Wanted to buy Panasonic but Natural Cool claimed the piping size is different so must stick back to Daikin.
u mean the air coming out directly from the fcu is not cold? or the whole living room not cold?

mikezuper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need your advice urgently.
Natural Cool has replaced to Daikin MA56EV16 and FT50FVM (non-inverter) from previous inverter series in my living/dining area and the results have been disappointing.
Though i set it at the min 18 degree but it wasn't cold. Natural Cool salesman Tommy claimed that it's not their problem if air was not cold, i have to contact Daikin directly.
Daikin servicemen came 3 times - 1st group said it's like that (not super cold) because it's non inverter and top up the gas. 2nd group came and changed the "?board" but no cold air after 1 week and same group came for 3rd time - said that the gas may have leak so top up gas again and the valve cover. Now it's blowing cold air but it's not super cold even though it is set at 18 degrees. The coldness is like 25 degrees.
Have anyone has this problem? Why is aircon behaving this way?
Who is responsible for this? Natural Cool or Daikin?
I am trying to resolve this before my warranty expires in Dec.
Paid $1.9k and super disappointed with the product.
Wanted to buy Panasonic but Natural Cool claimed the piping size is different so must stick back to Daikin.
How big is your living room? What is the cooling capacity - btu?

Yuen08

Reaction score
For aircon info, please refer to daikin website at : daikin.com.sg/products.asp?series=r1

It's 2 aircon units with one compressor - one located in the living while other is in the dining room. Daikin said if i turn on 2 aircon at the same time, it's not cold. So i only turn on 1 at a time. But its still not super cold at 18 degrees with max fan mode.

My apt is 1300sf with 3 bedrooms so the living and dining combined are not very big.

Maybe i am just unlucky that the product has defect (?). Or it's installation problem (?).

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
MA56EV1 compressor is 20,267BTU. FT50FVM is 18,000BTU. so if on 2 will sort of not cold. but than it will cool the room faster in tat sense. as u can get the max BTU of the compressor.

to wat i tink, by rite your living room shld be able to cool down.

the cause of it shld be installation. i tink u need to check whether did the installer use bender to help the bending of copper pipe(gas). as i scare is the bend area not cylindrical(round).

Yuen08

Reaction score
I thought so too but Natural Cool doesn't want to acknowlege that. Daikin has to instruct them?
I tried to turn on 1 unit at a time but the unit in dining room seems to be slightly cooler than one in the living room. I thought it should be the same effect if i turn on one of them.
I turn on 1 unit for 30mins to 1 hour, the room just feel so so... doesn't feel like you enter into an aircon room, just cool temp like after raining.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought so too but Natural Cool doesn't want to acknowlege that. Daikin has to instruct them?
I tried to turn on 1 unit at a time but the unit in dining room seems to be slightly cooler than one in the living room. I thought it should be the same effect if i turn on one of them.
I turn on 1 unit for 30mins to 1 hour, the room just feel so so... doesn't feel like you enter into an aircon room, just cool temp like after raining.

mayb u can check at the condenser side.

is the copper pipe connected to the top 2 or bottom 2? wat i mean is MA56EV1 can connect to 4 unit. so there r 4 liquid n 4 gas. mayb u can take a pic would be better.

Yuen08

Reaction score
Problem with Daikin aircon

Can't take pics as i am currently out of town.
Already called Daikin - they will send an engineer together with the serviceman to have a look at the aircon next week.
I cannot accept excuses like "it's non inverter so it's not as cold" or "it's lower horsepower so not so cold".... i understand some countries don't like inverter and they stick to conventional aircon units and they all work very well.
Daikin serviceman keeps telling me inverter is colder and better etc... is it true?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can't take pics as i am currently out of town.
Already called Daikin - they will send an engineer together with the serviceman to have a look at the aircon next week.
I cannot accept excuses like "it's non inverter so it's not as cold" or "it's lower horsepower so not so cold".... i understand some countries don't like inverter and they stick to conventional aircon units and they all work very well.
Daikin serviceman keeps telling me inverter is colder and better etc... is it true?

not really true also. mayb i knw y they said inverter is colder, becos it runs higher BTU ma. but than non-inverter also can run colder too. as long as the BTU required by the fcu is sufficient, no problem one.

but u can tell them inverter more exp. when components spoil, repair fee exp also. unless u wan to ask them to charge cheaper or non-inverter price lor.:D

there is another way to confirm tat the air coming out is not cold. which is to place a thermometer where the air come out. place inside the louver there. if it is around around or lower than 13 degrees, than it is alrite. but if it is higher, than there will be some problem.

Yuen08

Reaction score
Problem with Daikin aircon

Oh really?! Even i set control at 18 or 25 degrees, the thermometer will show around 13 degree?
Will inform my sis who will be there for the appt. What else to watch out?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh really?! Even i set control at 18 or 25 degrees, the thermometer will show around 13 degree?
Will inform my sis who will be there for the appt. What else to watch out?
watever temperature u set on the remote control, the cold air coming out will still be the same.

there will only be different when 9,000BTU(1Hp) is changed to 12,000BTU(1.5Hp), or 18,000BTU(2Hp). as more liquid/gas will be circulating around in the fcu, and an increased airflow.

the above will be for non-inverter.

but for inverter, it will be different. for startup, it will be the same as non-inverter. when it is near to temperature u set on remote control, than the compressor/big fan will go slower. thus the airflow temperature coming out from the luvour will increased, in order to maintain the temperature.

terumo

Reaction score
When the compressor cuts in, the fancoil will produce cold air with temp ranging from 12-15 degress depending on btu and other factors too.

If the 13 degrees that you have taken is around 10-60 mins after you on the air con, i can assure you that the equipment is in normal running condition.

Your remote lowest is 18, the fancoil produces 13, which is lower then the remote control. So you got no case against Daikin (Equipment supplier)

Unless you are saying that you set 18 and the fancoil produces 20, then maybe there's a fault with the system.

Yours is most likely a case of under sized system. Which is installing a under size system that does not have enough cooling capacity. This will result in your area being not cold enough or takes a long time to cool the area down. Your installer shloud advise you on this before installation.
You shld not "shoot" Daikin since they can show that their equipment is in normal working condition.

Your setup is Ma56 plus 2 x Ft50?
The Ft50 (16k btu) if on both @ the same time, will "in theory" become Ft25 (9kbtu). This is because the outdoor unit is Ma56 which is ard 21k btu. If you on one unit, you will get the full 16k btu, but not when you on 2 @ the same time.

You shld get invertor series, 3mkd75dvm or 4mkd100dvm plus 2 x ftkd50fvm. With this setup, your btu requirements is met.

Based on your price of $1.9k, i can confirm the installer use back the old piping which is most likely concealed. You shld be staying @ a condo.

No offence to Bro Yuen08, did the salesman inform you of the btu thing before install? Means if you on 2, also not so cold as compressor btu is limited.
If answer is yes, i tink they have covered their backside. And you got to think of maybe getting a r50gv1g (single split 16k btu outdoor unit) to couple with one of the ft50 to provide more cooling capacity. the existing Ma56 will just power 1 ft50.
If no, means the salesman never inform you anything. Then you shld be chasing them.
In both answers, Daikin is out of the picture. They are into the picture just because their equipment was installed in a "not so ideal" combination. So they can't do anything also.

Replacement of the pcb as done, maybe the first pcb didn't activate the compressor to kick in, thus causing your aircon to be totally not cold. That is done and the pcb should be fine after the replacement.

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
no no..fan motor nv take out. cos really cannot pull out. seems like the shaft stuck to the fan rotor. in the end fan motor n rotor cannot take out. :s27:

so i jus use wet cloth n slowly clean lor..

Not its stuck, its becos the left side of the fan rotor is still within the bottom frame of the fancoil.

To dismantle the rotor, you need to dismantle the pcb assy and the fan motor cover and tilt the cooling coil.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not its stuck, its becos the left side of the fan rotor is still within the bottom frame of the fancoil.

To dismantle the rotor, you need to dismantle the pcb assy and the fan motor cover and tilt the cooling coil.
i already dismantle the pcb n fan motor cover. n the tiny screw inside the rotor. :(

buzzmario

Reaction score
hi any one here got their air con installation from DIS Airconditioning & Electrical Pte. Ltd? like to know how their workmanship is. thanks

Yuen08

Reaction score
Hi Terumo.
It was Daikin's serviceman who recommended me this model when my old inverter aircon compressor board was burnt/spoilt. I trusted their judgement at that time. When i called Natural Cool, they did mention the coldness would be 80% of the original inverter series. But it wasn't cold at all when first installed.

The Daikin people came 3 times to fix it up - top up the gas 2 times, change the ?board for dining aircon unit, change the compressor board (it was burnt so no cold air) and valve cover (claimed it might be gas leaking from there). I dun think the air blow out is 13 degrees. Does this mean it's the product problem?

Yes you are right. At 1.9k, they used back the old pipe. The young guy who installed only joined Natural Cool for 3months (though he claimed he worked as serviceman before joining the company) so i was suspecting that he is not so experienced enough to install it well.

What should i look for or question Daikin when their engineer comes next week? I should think the engineer is in a better position to inspect and confirm the defects as compared to the serviceman (?).

XIaOTuMMy

Reaction score
NEED ADVISE QUICK for starmex sys 4 inverter

any bro out there can advice?

i just get my starmex sys 4 installed with Mitsubishi Electric > MXY-4A38VA / 3 X MSXY-GA10VA for common rm & MSXY-GA13VA for MBR n the first night after switch ON i notice that i need to switch LOW fan n 18degree on controller in order to achieve my wanted temperature while all fancoil is switched ON in my common rm but next day morning i found out tat my piping tube cover having condensation vapour on them. the common rm having wet walls oso. the next day the technician came n call us to adjust the temp to 24degree n switch to highest fan, whole night is like the fan sound which is louder than my old non inventer aircon which the reason i choose starmex is become of the quietness but i doubt so now :s11:. at 24 degree n highest fan mode i dun feel tat the rm is cold enough as i m sweating with my blanket on and the worst thing is tat the noise level is high like normal table fan on med speed. it is normal? the technician said tat the condensation is due to switch fan speed too low n the cold air coming out too slow lead to condensation of vapour in the cover for the piping.

i paid a bomb which i kana con but the sale person who is recommanded by some site n instead of promise g22 n 1/2 insulation they use those normal g23 n 3/8 insulation say my house cannot squeeze in the piping as there will be too many tude cover running around the house n that y lan lan agree with the contractor to process using g23 n 3/8 insulation with no refund as the invoice stated FOC for the upgrade. really angry but hopefully my air con can last.

any kind soul can advise on the problem?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any bro out there can advice?

i just get my starmex sys 4 installed with Mitsubishi Electric > MXY-4A38VA / 3 X MSXY-GA10VA for common rm & MSXY-GA13VA for MBR n the first night after switch ON i notice that i need to switch LOW fan n 18degree on controller in order to achieve my wanted temperature while all fancoil is switched ON in my common rm but next day morning i found out tat my piping tube cover having condensation vapour on them. the common rm having wet walls oso. the next day the technician came n call us to adjust the temp to 24degree n switch to highest fan, whole night is like the fan sound which is louder than my old non inventer aircon which the reason i choose starmex is become of the quietness but i doubt so now :s11:. at 24 degree n highest fan mode i dun feel tat the rm is cold enough as i m sweating with my blanket on and the worst thing is tat the noise level is high like normal table fan on med speed. it is normal? the technician said tat the condensation is due to switch fan speed too low n the cold air coming out too slow lead to condensation of vapour in the cover for the piping.

i paid a bomb which i kana con but the sale person who is recommanded by some site n instead of promise g22 n 1/2 insulation they use those normal g23 n 3/8 insulation say my house cannot squeeze in the piping as there will be too many tude cover running around the house n that y lan lan agree with the contractor to process using g23 n 3/8 insulation with no refund as the invoice stated FOC for the upgrade. really angry but hopefully my air con can last.

any kind soul can advise on the problem?

From the problem u mention, it is not normal to be like this. The cause of this shld be installation. So it is the insulation tat cause the problem.

Last edited:

XIaOTuMMy

Reaction score
From the problem u mention, it is not normal to be like this. The cause of this shld be installation. So it is the insulation tat cause the problem.

Dear bro the funniest thing is the piping casing along my corridoor oso got vapour on the external. Or can pm ur contact I explain to u?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear bro the funniest thing is the piping casing along my corridoor oso got vapour on the external. Or can pm ur contact I explain to u?
mayb u can take a pic would be better? haha...

or u try to explain it in words? recently not free to talk on phone. so sorry.

the "corridor" u mean is living room? or outside your house?

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Terumo.
It was Daikin's serviceman who recommended me this model when my old inverter aircon compressor board was burnt/spoilt. I trusted their judgement at that time. When i called Natural Cool, they did mention the coldness would be 80% of the original inverter series. But it wasn't cold at all when first installed.

The Daikin people came 3 times to fix it up - top up the gas 2 times, change the ?board for dining aircon unit, change the compressor board (it was burnt so no cold air) and valve cover (claimed it might be gas leaking from there). I dun think the air blow out is 13 degrees. Does this mean it's the product problem?

Yes you are right. At 1.9k, they used back the old pipe. The young guy who installed only joined Natural Cool for 3months (though he claimed he worked as serviceman before joining the company) so i was suspecting that he is not so experienced enough to install it well.

What should i look for or question Daikin when their engineer comes next week? I should think the engineer is in a better position to inspect and confirm the defects as compared to the serviceman (?).
product shouldnt hav problem, as i'm also using MA56EV1 n FT50FVM.

so the problem here is installation. i guess the problem might lies at the old piping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.