Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Few things may happened:
1) Insufficient refrigerant - simple, just top up. Check for leakage
2) Choked refrigerant pipe - unlikely and can be checked easily and just replaced the section which are choked
3) Spoiled invertor (motor) - Good game - can go buy a new compressor or get whole new system.
4) IC board spoiled - possible, just replace new IC board.

We cannot advise you on how much the cost from Mit or outside serviceman. Its all up to you.

Thank.
Look like the best worst scenario is to replace the Ic board.

Top up refrigerant will never solve the problem and just like sweep under the floor and changing the compressor could be very costly

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank.
Look like the best worst scenario is to replace the Ic board.

Top up refrigerant will never solve the problem and just like sweep under the floor and changing the compressor could be very costly

Replace IC board aint the best scenario, it is common that once a IC board was overloaded or overheated or duno whatever reason spoiled, 2nd IC board will follow spoiled easily eg. $350 for a Samsung blower IC board

Best Scenario was just to top-up refrigerant.

nomoney25

Master Member
Reaction score
Replace IC board aint the best scenario, it is common that once a IC board was overloaded or overheated or duno whatever reason spoiled, 2nd IC board will follow spoiled easily eg. $350 for a Samsung blower IC board

Best Scenario was just to top-up refrigerant.

Forgot to mention my sys 3 is non inverter. The fault lies with the capacitor that connected to the compressor. They just replaced the capacitor for $57. Total repair cost is about $200 as need to pay labour and transport charges. Now my bedroom aircon OK Liao.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Forgot to mention my sys 3 is non inverter. The fault lies with the capacitor that connected to the compressor. They just replaced the capacitor for $57. Total repair cost is about $200 as need to pay labour and transport charges. Now my bedroom aircon OK Liao.

haha - sibeh lucky for you! :D

koshinki

Reaction score
Hi, I got a Panasonic system 3. Already use for few years. Recently one of the unit, cannot turn on. I realized the incoming voltage on abt 15Vac. So can I check, how the installation done normally? Did all 3 units come in one wire and separate to 3, or it come all 3 sets of wires start beginning from the belcony switch? Anyone know this?

Thanks in advance

ipaq4444

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes - it is way more sufficient with 38VA. the 9K btu + 18btu do not always blow at 100%. At high power - it is estimated to consume only 80% of full power = 7.2k btu only. At auto mode, to sustain temp of 25C - the inverter can calibrate usage of 40-60% btu depending on the temp in room. 9K BTU is the max, no blower or user will use max (16C at max fan speed plus high power). Anyone here use this setting?

Dun worry - a 28VA is suffice to support 9k BTU x4 even at warm night. Compressor are also have overclocked in case all 4 blower set at max, compressor will just use more power and work harder. Still cooling in fact.

Last common question: bigger compressor = more efficient? Yes it does at more power regardless unless!. 28VA will use 12A at optimal max compare to 38VA use 15.28A at optimal max. 20% more electric power usage!

What is the unless? Yes - unless your daily usage is only 1 room which in turn both 28VA and 38VA will likely to consume same power to run. Simplify - if you use more room, more power is use on 38VA, more efficient, more cooler.

Configuration is up to your choice.

*small tip - avoid MHI... ;)

bro, can ask why avoid mhi? it is a common problem that they are not cold?

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same applies for daikin ?

yes - it is way more sufficient with 38VA. the 9K btu + 18btu do not always blow at 100%. At high power - it is estimated to consume only 80% of full power = 7.2k btu only. At auto mode, to sustain temp of 25C - the inverter can calibrate usage of 40-60% btu depending on the temp in room. 9K BTU is the max, no blower or user will use max (16C at max fan speed plus high power). Anyone here use this setting?

Dun worry - a 28VA is suffice to support 9k BTU x4 even at warm night. Compressor are also have overclocked in case all 4 blower set at max, compressor will just use more power and work harder. Still cooling in fact.

Last common question: bigger compressor = more efficient? Yes it does at more power regardless unless!. 28VA will use 12A at optimal max compare to 38VA use 15.28A at optimal max. 20% more electric power usage!

What is the unless? Yes - unless your daily usage is only 1 room which in turn both 28VA and 38VA will likely to consume same power to run. Simplify - if you use more room, more power is use on 38VA, more efficient, more cooler.

Configuration is up to your choice.

*small tip - avoid MHI... ;)

Last edited:

benoit_nly

Reaction score
Need help here.

After returing home from my 2 weeks oversea trip. My 2 other bedrooms aircon could only blow air but not cold air. My masterbed room is OK. My aircon is Mitsubishi starmex sys 3 . It was installed in 2008 and last servicing was done after CNY.

I was told that my masterbed indoor unit was connected to one motor and the other 2 bedrooms which are blowing the hot air are connected to another motor during the installation. I hope some experts should be able to identify the problem and roughly advised me what is the cost of repairing this issue either from Mitsubishi or outsider aircon repairer?

you might be right but i have once faced similar issue too but it was due to some valve problems. could be the same for you. best is to get someone to check it out for you la.

aiya it is always safer to go back to mitsubishi la. any **** happens can just throw it back to them coz it is their brand mah. but i heard they can be expensive and may have a long waiting list.

you can also try a company i m using now (newway.sg) which is recommended by my aunt and they are oso highly recommended in the forum too. from my knowledge, they do provide both installation and maintenance services for many brands. see what you need lor.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
bro, can ask why avoid mhi? it is a common problem that they are not cold?

Yes, in short- who wanna buy an AC sys which dun have lasting cooling effect?

Price is cheaper - of cos for some reason why

Definitely an inferior designed compared to it's sister model aka Starmex

If you insist of getting a MHI, I would prefer buying a Panasonic non-inverter. Both are cheap but Panasonic definitely win in term of cool efficiency in long run of durability.

Last edited:

alvin72279

Reaction score
can pass me the company detail

Got a quotation for 2.8k for Mitsubishi System 3 including change-out of my aircon ducts at home. Not sure if price is ok.

My current Panasonic died after 11 years.

i also have a quotation from the air-con supplier, 2.8K FOR Mitsubishi system 3 indoor unit (3 indoor unit, model: 3XMSYGE10VA, 9000BTU) exclude changing the pipe.can you provide your air-con supplier contact so that i can ask the quotation to compare.Thks!

BEWARE

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Gentoro,

May i ask when i check out the cooling capacity of daikin system 4 5 ticks system, the nominal is 7.4kw while the max is 10.6 kw which is equivalent to around 34k btu. Base on the max value, does it mean that when i on several aircon simultaneously and exceed the nominal value, the system will continue to drive until the max in order to meet the demand?

my configuration gonna be 24/12/9/9 and im having a difficult time whether to settle for daikin 5 ticks with 25K BTU CU or daikin 3 ticks 34K BTU CU which is meant for system 5.

gentoro

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi Gentoro,

May i ask when i check out the cooling capacity of daikin system 4 5 ticks system, the nominal is 7.4kw while the max is 10.6 kw which is equivalent to around 34k btu. Base on the max value, does it mean that when i on several aircon simultaneously and exceed the nominal value, the system will continue to drive until the max in order to meet the demand?

my configuration gonna be 24/12/9/9 and im having a difficult time whether to settle for daikin 5 ticks with 25K BTU CU or daikin 3 ticks 34K BTU CU which is meant for system 5.

yes, it will overclocked and go above nominal to hit your demand. 3 ticks give more cooling efficiency which in turn more power used.

If your usage is high and gg which such big config 24/12/9/9 - I will settle for 2 set of daikin MKS50 or MKS65 (a lot more exp).

BEWARE

Master Member
Reaction score
yes, it will overclocked and go above nominal to hit your demand. 3 ticks give more cooling efficiency which in turn more power used.

If your usage is high and gg which such big config 24/12/9/9 - I will settle for 2 set of daikin MKS50 or MKS65 (a lot more exp).

so that means, i could safely assume base on the datasheet, i would take the max BTU capacity as the basis for my configuration. and yes, unfrotunately, it's gonna be more expensive to have 2 system which im trying to avoid.

I was thinking 3 ticks but does it make sense to go for the upgraded compressor MKS100 instead of MKS80?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.