Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven0608

Reaction score
haha... no point putting so thick la..:s13:

later i tink they will hav problem putting it in false ceiling..

Hi,

The false ceiling is quite deep, at least > 20 inches below my actual ceiling so can put 2" insulator if there is any too...:yawn:

As I said, worry about them cutting holes and fixing them back in proper shape is an question mark.

Anyone try GC for fixing false ceiling ?

isim

Reaction score
Worthwhile to keep old air con or buy new one?

Because of house renovation the contractor quoted $1900 to relocate 5 fan coils and 3 outdoor units to the back of the house. Is it worthwhile to do so or just better to get new ones. All are non-inverter and about 2.5 yrs old only.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Because of house renovation the contractor quoted $1900 to relocate 5 fan coils and 3 outdoor units to the back of the house. Is it worthwhile to do so or just better to get new ones. All are non-inverter and about 2.5 yrs old only.
it is worth it if all the piping change to new one..

terumo

Reaction score
2.5 years still new, can relocate, but did you source for any better deals?

isim

Reaction score
Did not source for better deals. Supposed to be special price and good deal because packaged with renovation. No?

As for piping, never ask. Most likely not all new pipings will be given. Is it important to have all new pipings?

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

anyone know how to open the plastic cover to vacuum the roller inside?
can just force it to open position?

thank.

terumo

Reaction score
They can also use new piping for certain portions and reuse back old piping for some portions.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,
we same tune :s22:
Any hope everything go well on the installation on next Monday. I will update pros and cons of GC if any.

To be frank with you, I have no confident on them fixing back my false ceiling perfectly as original because they are not professional in this area....still worry now...

Should I just changed the air-con with the piping ?? should I ?:look:

Then I will back Daikin R22 sys 3 inverter.

still worry bros.....kids exams in 2 weeks time so if the installation was screw-up, then nightmare leow.

good luck, Steve! :D

steven0608

Reaction score
good luck, Steve! :D

hi all,

Just wish to update everyone here on my air con installation by Gain City on Monday and Tuesday. It ended today.

Comments:

a) They did bring along G22 copper pipe, Armaflo 3/4" insulator as stated. Bro, these insulators are BIG.

b) Mine is sys 3 and they used 3 coils of new copper pipes for my system. They do not want to join copper pipe as this will leak (weak point) if not don't properly.
Some installers may join copper pipes to save cost to re-use left-over pipes from previous installation.

c) This team of installer (2 persons) is very helpful, thoughtful and willing to listen. Mine needs to cut false ceiing to lay pipes, and they are very accommdating to whatever you suggested, cut here or there so not to leave obvious marks etc. No 'show face'. Most importantly, they don't rush for time, bend the copper pipe properly and systematically and as the result why they took 2 days to complete the job :(

1st day to install pipes and air-cons so that I can test-run overnight to monitor for leak or sweating. The next day will be for sealing up the false ceiling and painting. Normally, 1 day is enough without false ceiling cutting.

I tried to ask for they names but they rather be addressed as team no. 2139. This team is highly recommended.

d) So far, MHI is good, very cold even on hot afternoon today. 26000BTU is strong enough even when I run 3 rooms together.

e) Fan-coils are indeed very quiet. I like the feature whereby beside tilting up-down, it also able to move left-right for the wind direction, so everyone in the room can feel the 'cool wind'.

f) It also have the auto-dry feature whereby after turn-off the air-con (compressor OFF), the fan is still running inside for 2hr, drying the coil to prevent moulds.

Thanks.

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

Just wish to update everyone here on my air con installation by Gain City on Monday and Tuesday. It ended today.

Comments:

a) They did bring along G22 copper pipe, Armaflo 3/4" insulator as stated. Bro, these insulators are BIG.

b) Mine is sys 3 and they used 3 coils of new copper pipes for my system. They do not want to join copper pipe as this will leak (weak point) if not don't properly.
Some installers may join copper pipes to save cost to re-use left-over pipes from previous installation.

c) This team of installer (2 persons) is very helpful, thoughtful and willing to listen. Mine needs to cut false ceiing to lay pipes, and they are very accommdating to whatever you suggested, cut here or there so not to leave obvious marks etc. No 'show face'. Most importantly, they don't rush for time, bend the copper pipe properly and systematically and as the result why they took 2 days to complete the job :(

1st day to install pipes and air-cons so that I can test-run overnight to monitor for leak or sweating. The next day will be for sealing up the false ceiling and painting. Normally, 1 day is enough without false ceiling cutting.

I tried to ask for they names but they rather be addressed as team no. 2139. This team is highly recommended.

d) So far, MHI is good, very cold even on hot afternoon today. 26000BTU is strong enough even when I run 3 rooms together.

e) Fan-coils are indeed very quiet. I like the feature whereby beside tilting up-down, it also able to move left-right for the wind direction, so everyone in the room can feel the 'cool wind'.

f) It also have the auto-dry feature whereby after turn-off the air-con (compressor OFF), the fan is still running inside for 2hr, drying the coil to prevent moulds.

Thanks.
wow!! congrats! :D

oh no..never take pics?:eek:

haha...yup, surely will cold when on 3 fcu together.. becos, each fcu gets 8666BTU/hr ma, which is close to 9000BTU/hr. so u hav choose the rite condenser!:)

normally majority inverter hav left rite swing..

oakley

Reaction score
Wow guys.... didn't know there is such a thorough discussion for airconditioning here...

Well I was searching the internet on my insulation till i found this.

The following are my setup bought from Best Tech during the recent Sitex 2009.

LG System 4(Inverter) for $3299.00
  • CU => A4UQ266FA0
  • BED ROOM BLOWER => 3 x AMNC09GD4L0 (9000 BTU)
  • LIVING ROOM BLOWER => 1 x AMNC18GD5L0 (18000 BTU)
  • K-Flex Class 0 Insulation (Not stated size of insulation)
  • 23' grade copper pipe
  • 16mm drain pipe
  • 2 time installation (F.O.C)
  • 36 mths workmanship warranty
  • $200 servicing voucher
  • $100 lighting voucher (can only use $50 for single item max.)

So how?? Good or not??

Abit too late to compare cos I sign liao... but still wanna find out somemore... cos u guys seems like experts :D

Last edited:

steven0608

Reaction score
hi all,

Here the pictures.

Points to know after bending various Gauses of copper pipe (nothing to do so do hand bending test on G22, G23 and G24 copper pipes all having same diameter.
Tell you something, between each Gause, it a big step jump on the strength. G22 is the best, difficult to bend by hand too. Get G22 for sure if can.

Insulator wise, I used 3/4" Armouflo....very "big stick"....i think 1/2" will do for most..

Always ask for new complete set of copper coils for used on each fan coil to compressor piping, NEVER join copper pipe. Weak point which will lead to leakage at the joint.

:)

steven0608

Reaction score
hi all,

Here the pictures.

Points to know after bending various Gauses of copper pipe (nothing to do so do hand bending test on G22, G23 and G24 copper pipes all having same diameter.
Tell you something, between each Gause, it a big step jump on the strength. G22 is the best, difficult to bend by hand too. Get G22 for sure if can.

Insulator wise, I used 3/4" Armouflo....very "big stick"....i think 1/2" will do for most..

Always ask for new complete set of copper coils for used on each fan coil to compressor piping, NEVER join copper pipe. Weak point which will lead to leakage at the joint.

sorry bros, I can't post pictures because I have NOT have enough posts to allow me to post pictures :(

chunlianghere

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all,

Here the pictures.

wa..u very cute leh.:s22: how can we cannot access your com's pics..:s13: u hav to upload!!!

dkuan88

Reaction score
wow!! congrats! :D

oh no..never take pics?:eek:

haha...yup, surely will cold when on 3 fcu together.. becos, each fcu gets 8666BTU/hr ma, which is close to 9000BTU/hr. so u hav choose the rite condenser!:)

normally majority inverter hav left rite swing..

All the inverter unit I see have only up/down but no left/right except MHI.
But MHI made in China so I not sure whether can tahan long.
Can recommend any model you know that hv this left/right feature? Thks!

tellim

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1 week after installing MHI inverter by Best Tech....all still working fine.

yes...MHI can go up down left right.

Btw, my MHI aircon unit labelled as MADE IN THAILAND.

steven0608

Reaction score
1 week after installing MHI inverter by Best Tech....all still working fine.

yes...MHI can go up down left right.

Btw, my MHI aircon unit labelled as MADE IN THAILAND.

Hi,

Yes...They are all labelled "Made in Thailand" at the condensor unit as well as fan coil units.

Very quiet for both fan coils and compressor. So far happy with them.

I like the 'clean function' which will dry the cooling coil automatically (once set) after you switched OFF the air con in the morning - to prevent moulds, Muchrooms (fungi) formed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.