Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

milo8899

Reaction score
I find that Midea & Eeuropace aircon quite cheap.

Any recommended contractor?

Courts got promotion now but their salesman not pro enough. Ask them something, they just anyhow say. Tried Woodlands, CCK & Jurong point courts. They all saying different stories.

https://s3-ap-southeast-1.amazonaws...lineadd/20120423/onlinemagazine/highres/5.pdf

Need to check hidden cost also. Some Courts contractor anyhow charge you extra during installation.

HOOBASTANK

Reaction score
HI, try the courts mega outlet, i brought my europace sys over there, the salesman can answer all my question i bring up. regarding about the hidden cost, as the salesman had already told me what to expect, i therefore already had some preparation on the "hidden charges". but it is still up to u whether u need to upgrade the things like insulation or not, the installer who come to fix my a/c told me 1 of my room will have serious condensation problem as it had to go through my store room. so he suggest to change to 1/2 inch insulation for that room only, i agree on what he say and just upgrade that room insulation. just to mention before i went to courts, i been to gain city. the salesman there want me to upgrade all of my 3 rooms insulation on the spot and say its a must without even going down for a survey, end up i did not sign the system there.

ivanmu

Reaction score
Dear Aircon experts..

I'm currently doing my reno, and my aircon contractor quoted me the below..

Options:
A) Daikin (3x9K Btu+1x24K Btu) Model : 4MKD75: FTKD25x3 /FTKD60x1 $4,320.00
B) Daikin (3x9K Btu+1x18K Btu) Model : 4MKD75: FTKD25x3 /FTKD50x1 $4,220.00
C) Fujitsu (3x9K Btu+1x24k Btu) Model:AOAG30LAT4: ASAG07LJ /ASAG09LJ $4,480.00
D) Fujitsu (3x9K Btu+1x18k Btu) Model:AOAG30LAT4: ASAG09LJ /ASAG18LS $4,360.00

All aircons comes with; Supply of labour, tools & installation of inverter system 4. c/w materials, revacuum system and top up gas.

additional things that I confirm when I spoke to him is that above price includes 2 times installation:

1 - install outdoor unit and pipings
2 - install fan coil

are these prices reasonable? got any recommendations for other contractors?

hi adamis, can let us know the air con company that quoted you those aircon? I will be also going through my Reno soon so need to get my aircon settle as well. Thanks

terumo

Reaction score
Daikin sys 4, 3 x 9k, 1 x 18k should be able to get it done for ard $4k, unless u upgraded the materials.

Fujitsu is slightly overpriced thou.

poorguy

Reaction score
hi, need some help on getting aircon for 2 bedroom, 1 of the room will run 24/7 the other maybe only run few time in a mth.

what type of aircon should i get to save power bill?
single unit or 2 system?
invertor or non?

Citiguy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, need some help on getting aircon for 2 bedroom, 1 of the room will run 24/7 the other maybe only run few time in a mth.

single unit or 2 system?
invertor or non?

IMO, for such an imbalance usage (24x7 vs only a few times a month), get 2 separate systems would be better. (I might be wrong, just my opinion)

For the 24x7 unit, of course, get the inverter version. Payback is quicker.

milo8899

Reaction score

single unit or 2 system?
invertor or non?

You need Inverter Sys2 or Sys3 aircon depend on your room size.

Air-Conditioner BTU Calculation (Estimate)
Step 1:
Calculate the volume of the room
For example - 3.5m x 4m = 14 / 2 = 7

Step 2:
With the given answer (7). Match with the closest BTU capacity air-conditioner below with your answer which is between 9,000Btu.

Last edited:

poorguy

Reaction score
IMO, for such an imbalance usage (24x7 vs only a few times a month), get 2 separate systems would be better. (I might be wrong, just my opinion)

For the 24x7 unit, of course, get the inverter version. Payback is quicker.

You need Inverter Sys2 or Sys3 aircon depend on your room size.

Air-Conditioner BTU Calculation (Estimate)
Step 1:
Calculate the volume of the room
For example - 3.5m x 4m = 14 / 2 = 7

Step 2:
With the given answer (7). Match with the closest BTU capacity air-conditioner below with your answer which is between 9,000Btu.

headache.
what if i get system 2 inverter and just use 1 unit 24/7 the other unit just rot there and a single unit invester, will the system 2 take up more power than single unit??

adamis

Reaction score
hi adamis, can let us know the air con company that quoted you those aircon? I will be also going through my Reno soon so need to get my aircon settle as well. Thanks

I've replied you by PM.

Didn't use the originally company as gotta better deals elsewhere.

adamis

Reaction score
Daikin sys 4, 3 x 9k, 1 x 18k should be able to get it done for ard $4k, unless u upgraded the materials.

Fujitsu is slightly overpriced thou.

yah.

I got Mit Elec Sys4 for under $4k.

from another company though..

ABuNeNe

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone using a split system 1 and how's the monthly bill? I'm using a old window type aircon and the monthly bill is between $100 to $150.

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm staying in a 4room flat, i'm looking for either system 3 or 4

unlike to change piping conceal

current using daikin, any inventor aircon model to recommend?
DAIKIN AIRCONDITIONING SINGAPORE | Energy Label

this list got quite a few model to choose from...

current we on aircon around 8 hours a day, the aircon roughly suck around 1.5 to 1.6kW/h no matter i on 1 or 3 unit together (i have this gadget to monitor the power consumption)

terumo

Reaction score
Hi Bro Seowbin,

U must be using Daikin non inverter sys 4, Ma56.
Amp consumpetion ard 7amp, works out to 1.5kwh... :)

seowbin

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Bro Seowbin,

U must be using Daikin non inverter sys 4, Ma56.
Amp consumpetion ard 7amp, works out to 1.5kwh... :)
i guess so :D

is it worth switching to inventor?
the aircon unit is with us for like >10 years i guess... basically, now it's serving 3 rooms at night.

If change aircon, i'm thinking to setup 1 extra aircon unit in the living room as well.

From the spec, i always see half load (60%) and full load (100%) , how does this works?

If i on only 1 aircon, it will be at half load or it will be slightly below half load?

It seems like there's a lot of difference in power consumption for system 3 and system 4 during half load condition.

weiming85

Reaction score
anybody can give me the advice?

if this air con model is good and recommended?
Mitsubishi
Multi Split (Inverter) R410a
MSY-GE10VA

Harvey Norman selling system 2 at the price of $2399, price included installation.

Cooling Capacity: 2.5kW

Type System 2 Inverter
Condensor (CU)
Model (CU) 2XMSYGE10VA
Capacity (CU) 19,789 (3,753 - 20,472) BTU/H
Dimensions (CU) W800 x H550 x D285 mm
Weight (CU) 40Kg
Refrigerant Type R410A Gas
NEA Ticks 4
Running Current 3.30A
Fan Coil Unit (1)
Model (FCU 1) 2XMSYGE10VA
Capacity (FCU 1) 8,530 BTU
Dimensions (FCU 1) W798 x H295 x D232 mm
Weight (FCU 1) 10Kg
QTY (FCU 2) 2
Dimensions (FCU 2) W798 x H295 x D232 mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.