Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_o_c_c_a_82

Reaction score
upzzz

Hi all,

I'm getting a Midea Sys 3 x 9k btu 9A5 for my new 4rm hdb flat. I was recommended a 21k btu compressor & all grade A installation (1/2 Armaflex + G23 copper). The salesman says 21k btu is sufficient for my 3 x 9k btu aircons. Most likely all 3 rooms aircons will run 8hrs daily.

But based on logic, 3 x 9k btu should use a 28k btu compressor mah since total adds up to 27k btu?

If i use a 21k btu compressor:
1) Wouldn't the compressor work harder to support all 3 x 9k btu aircons & electricity consumption goes up?
2) Can any guru explain if 21k btu or 28k btu better for my home?

Thanks a million for reading my post...guys![/QUOTE]

HarmanK

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm getting a Midea Sys 3 x 9k btu 9A5 for my new 4rm hdb flat. I was recommended a 21k btu compressor & all grade A installation (1/2 Armaflex + G23 copper). The salesman says 21k btu is sufficient for my 3 x 9k btu aircons. Most likely all 3 rooms aircons will run 8hrs daily.

But based on logic, 3 x 9k btu should use a 28k btu compressor mah since total adds up to 27k btu?

If i use a 21k btu compressor:
1) Wouldn't the compressor work harder to support all 3 x 9k btu aircons & electricity consumption goes up?
2) Can any guru explain if 21k btu or 28k btu better for my home?

Thanks a million for reading my post...guys!
[/QUOTE]

i am using 21k btu midea sys 3. it will take some time to cool down the room. normally i also use my fan plus aircon to get the fastest coolest result.

terumo

Reaction score
If use 21k outdoor unit.
U on 3 at the same time, they will perform like 7k each.
7 x 3 = 21k.
To get full 9k, have to use the 28k but outdoor unit.

Patricialim

Banned
Reaction score
Hi terumo,

I did try the Main bdrm alone with remote control setting at 16 deg C + Fan = Auto + Vane = Auto. But room temperature come down from 28 deg C to about 26 deg C after about 45-minutes. Kinda long but I thought that was due to the bigger room size. And if run the AC from night till morning, lowest temperature seems is 24-25 deg C.

Also, will the ME guys able to tell if the wire or piping is cross or bent? Do they use some test equipment to identify these problem? My worries is that they may want to put the blame on something else by using these as the cause of the problem, and as I am not able to "open" and check the pipes to see if it is bent nor do I have the equipment to test whether if the wire or pipe is cross connected...

Okay, I will get the ME guys to check out the system.

Thank you for the pointers. Will ask them to look into these as well. I hope that these problems will be easy to be fix.

Is your aircon unit leaking?
Maybe is not enough gas, you can get help from Aircon Servicing - Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning - Singapore, Singapore | Facebook
Pump gas very cheap only.

m2happyone

Reaction score
old post but same same dilemma

Hi terumo,

i dug up this old post and realised my potential selection is almost similar:
3MKS50ESG (17060 BTU) / 2 x FTKS25 (8530 BTU) / 1 x FTKS35 (11942 BTU)

i am about to overhaul the current 7-yr old system-3 for the 5rm HDB.

i have assessed the situation as such:

MBR (approx 6m x 3.5m) will get the S35
BR 2 & 3 (approx 4.5m x 3.5m) will get those S25s

MBR starts usage from 10pm until 7am daily
BR 2 starts usage from 12midnight until 8 am daily
BR 3 hardly in use, maybe on warm daytime/evening only

Due to not wanting to blow a huge hole in my pocket, i decided to get only a 17060 BTU condenser (while still on the mark for an inverter+R410A) since not all 3 indoor units will be used concurrently
and
MBR should cool down nicely before BR 2 usage kicks in.

BTW, i shortlisted c**ls***e to approach for the latest quotation (website says $3,027 almost all-in but unsure if there's free upgrades or not).

so, dear resident a/c guru, any major blind-spots in my assessment ? : P
my few concerns include how overloaded the condenser may be once MBR + BR 2 are in use together, or maybe more accurately, how inefficient both the units in MBR and BR 2 will become when used together ?

and is the "loss" in operating BTU equal between the S35 and S25 under concurrent usage ?

last but not least, how would you rate the service delivery (pre-sales, sales and aftersales) of my shortlisted vendor ?

i am waiting for all stars to align and then i will hoot the system-3!
meantime, thank you in advance for your expert opinion.

cheers
a

Hdb rooms in general require abt 6-7k btu cooling capacity.
3mks50esg has around 18k btu. It is a sys 3. Its suitable for owners who on 1-2 rooms daily. But the 3rd room (study room or guest room) is used less often.
If u install 3mks50, u on 3 rooms at the same time, it will be cooling but not every cold (as in room temp reach 20-22) Maybe your room can reach 23-25.
U may consider 3mkd75dvm (r22) or Mit Electric 3a28. Similar costing as 3mks50.

Last edited:

uchiharay

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all experts and Forumers, my parents are planning to get a SYS3 aircon from reputable brands, any models and brand(s) recommendation? Mine is a HDB flat. P.S. never had a sys3 before, mine was the old ass standalone aircon that was fix below the window area that kind. I guess some wiring will need to be run.

Please kindly advise, many thanks in advance!

innerlight10

Reaction score
To innerlight10,

Mbr 9k btu, br2 and br3 9k btu.
Living 18k btu.

If your house can install 2 compressor.
Then mbr get a single split is a good idea.

Hi terumo,

Appreciate your advise here. I got Daikin's catalogue but can't understand which compressor models should match with which fancoil unit for me required btu.

Btw, I have given up my old btu config plans.

Now, it is Daikin R410
Inverter System 3 - Mbr 12k btu, br2 & br3 9k btu
Inverter Single split - Living 24k btu (i can also consider a 20k/22k btu)

Aircon ledge space is around 1.8m x 1m

Which are the fancoil/compressor models i should be quoted? I can't seem to find any the relates to System 3 with 9k btu x2 + 12k btu? Below are some i put together based on what's given on some different a/c websites.

Inverter System 3 : (Any of these are correct?)
i) 3MKS71ESG/ FTKS50FVM + FTKS25DVM x 2 or,
ii) 4MKS80ESG/ FTKS60 + FTKS35 x 2 or,
iii) 4MKS80ESG/ FTKS50 + FTKS25 x 2 or,
iv) 4MKS80ESG/ FTKS50 + FTKS35 x 2.

Inverter Single split
i) RKS60GVMG/ FTKS60HVMG (20.5btu) or,
ii) RKS71HVMG/ FTKS71HVMG (24.2btu).

Realised getting infor. out of these a/c shops are like pulling their teeth.

If above are correct, i'm just trying to decide which makes the most economical sense for me.

Thanks!

Inverter Single split - Living 24k btu (i can also consider a 20k/22k btu)

terumo

Reaction score
To innerlight10,

Ur sys 3.
U can get 3mks71esg + ftks35 + ftks25 x 2.
35 = 12k btu. 25 = 9k btu.

Living
Can get rks60 + ftks60.

u0206397

Reaction score
I had a new system 3 aircon installed in first week of July. The 1st month was fine. But after that, for the past 2 weeks, all the indoor fan coil units are no longer blowing out cool/cold air, only room temperature air.

Asking the installer's technician to come down take a look.

What might be the possible problem? And how come the problem takes some time to surface after the installation?

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I had a new system 3 aircon installed in first week of July. The 1st month was fine. But after that, for the past 2 weeks, all the indoor fan coil units are no longer blowing out cool/cold air, only room temperature air.

What might be the possible problem? And how come the problem takes some time to surface after the installation?

if not cold is likely compressor not working or no gas.. my guess is u got bad gas leakage due to bad installation.. :vijayadmin:

u0206397

Reaction score
To terumo and tk,

So the technician will only check the outdoor compressor unit and the piping connections? :s11:

Or do we have to do extensive troubleshooting: open up the piping trunking, do pressure test or do trial-and-error testing on indoor fan coils one by one? :s31:

terumo

Reaction score
Checking of piping leak is by installer.
Checking of equipment leak is by agent.
Let the agent come and check first and see what they say.

Patricialim

Banned
Reaction score

Better ask the technician to come check, you buy new aircon should have warrently.
So better to fix the problem before the warrently ends.

Remember to Service Your Aircon Regularly to maintain good working condition.

terumo

Reaction score
To bomberbird,

9k btu refers to the cooling capacity of the aircon unit.
For Hdb rooms, 9k btu should be enough.

As ur current one is a casement.
When shopping for a new system 1, u have to factor in cost for a power point and stainless steel bracket.

May read my blog for more information.
Aircon Guru

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.