WussRedXLi
Greater Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Jun 15, 2001
- Messages
- 95,307
- Reaction score
- 11,585

acceptable lah...in my main hall....lol
How about in bedroom? Considering to buy XM from NTUC online at $279.
Btw is XM2 available in SG ?
Mi Singapore say soon, I guess late-March to early-April probablyany idea when?
ooh, i see your photo like a bedroom so ask about it haha if in living area shouldn't mind ~acceptable lah...in my main hall....lol
X2 not yet...bedroom yes abit noisy...but hey it's working sure noisy....![]()
Bought the xm air purifier today. First time use purifier. When touch the fan area, wind is blow out. Is this correct or it should suck in air?
How about in bedroom? Considering to buy XM from NTUC online at $279.
Btw is XM2 available in SG ?
$279 is tempting especially after considering the 1 year local warranty.
However, I understand after reading through all the posts that the XM2 is generally quieter and as such might be more suitable for use in bedroom? Couple of merchants on Qoo10 now offering XM2 at low ends of $200 or even lower after coupon/gift card discounts!


). I am especially concern with the upstairs area because the area was divided by the rooms and walls unlike the downstairs area which is relatively open. Like that also got ppl say I over reacting. Anyone using sharp range of purifiers? Any feedback?
).They are crazy workhorses, a few more months and it'd be 9 years old for my KC-840, daily usage without fail.Not only me, but others will tell you so. Same for Honeywell etc.
The star is really the Sharp A80, IF you have need for a decent cost and low noise 300m3/hr AP @ 39dB at that airflow. It guns at 480 m3/hr max, so in a cinge it's living room ready as well, to a certain extent if you are not anal about getting 5 ACH, Air Changes Per Hour. For haze, is not that a biggie.
5 ACH is a crucial number for allergy cases, in fact the more the merrier. Having an AP and blowing the allerges away from you (say with a fan) is just one of the factors, you gotta take care of the rest of the factors as well, so that your allergy's inflammation can heal thus you are not so sensitive and get past the inflammation threshold that easily.
I have seen Carousell selling the A80 for a tad over SGD200. Looks excellent condition.
If anyone wants to know how the AX40 fares, it's been with me since early 2014 with daily use and during 2015 season I have been gunning it 18 to 24hrs non stop in max fan speed (the only useful fan speed mode IMO since there is no medium).
The LG PS-R459 has also been gunned non-stop for a good few days during 2015 as well anyway.
So which is your favorite.
AX40 for daily usage. I would love a Sharp A80 but it's just too expensive at 438 SGD approx and that's the special sale price. If you can afford that $200 premium per unit, more if you are getting multiples, then go ahead.
1. I don't live in a masionette/penthouse. Just a 4-roomer. Though I believe the MBRs and BRs are nearly around the same size anyway, plus minus a bit
2. I am quite affected by allergens. So 5 ACH minimum is a must. Seriously, my personal aim is 8 ACH.
3. I am somewhat a light sleeper. AX40 high speed with 323 m3/hr does not bother me. XM2 388 Jet mode will kill my ears as I have personally tested, I think 330 high mode is not that much better also, just technically impossible. It should have a 200 or so Medium speed that's accessible/programmable as the favourite fan speed mode, accessible
That said, a small number of people are affected by the AX40 noise in high mode also. I can count 3 in this thread already. They will definitely throw the XM1 away.
Though I MUST say that cloud-based APs are very useful in a moderate/dense haze season. Just blast in 388/406/580 m3/hr mode for 30 mins when you are driving or on the MRT back. After that toggle down to medium speed while you are waiting for the lift at the lobby.
That auto ON and auto OFF function that's programmable and also ability to see the air quality at home (AP turned on, but the maid forgot to close the windows) could also be nice for some.
The XM2 should be relatively quieter. But at the same m3/hr airflow, the AX40 is still very much quieter. Direct comparison would be the 330 m3/hr airflow of the XM2 vs High fan speed of AX40 (323 m3/hr). The 388 m3/hr mode of the XM2 is very noisy for few hours I managed to test it in my house. Some may not find that to be noisy though, some find the XM1 to be ok.
However, the AX40 has no medium speed.
What I can also provide you with, is that some light sleepers even found the AX40 in 323m3/hr high fan speed to be somewhat noisy for use in the MBR.
So for them, the XM1 and XM2 would be absolutely out. For such pax, they might need 2 quiet APs operating in medium speed. Eg LG PSR-459.
Or a single bigger AP like the Sharp A80 operating in medium speed. Eg 300 m3/hr med speed is ok 39 dBA for the A80.
Some said that they have no issue with the XM1 in Jet mode even, and is a nice sound.
So yes, the range in user feedback is huge, and probably depends a lot on the individual.
Thanks for your advice! I am fully with your POV regarding the AX40 as I have that machine as well. However, I'm currently tempted with the cloud functionality of the XM and as I can wait and in no hurry, I'm more leaning towards XM2 as it is quieter, newer model & cheaper!
Hopefully this year the haze is OK then no need get another ax40