AirPods, now available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gt_5454

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
3,715
Reaction score
5
bought the airpod silicon/rubber tips from taobao to try and improve the fit.

i realise it helps slightly, but i still can't run with my airpods as it just slips off after.

guess the fit just doesn't suit my ears
Does it drop off your ears or just felt loose after you perspire ?
Mine felt a bit loose after some mins of running but I have since ran 2 half marathons with them and hundreds of km without them falling off.

If it fell off then really can’t suit you but if they merely felt loose you can ignore and get used to it
 

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
14,044
Reaction score
761
It will come off. Doesn’t suit me actually.

I can only take in ears models
 

jq75

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
Messages
143,041
Reaction score
5,003
It will come off. Doesn’t suit me actually.

I can only take in ears models

for a tighter fit
jbl-free-earbuds-design.jpeg


jbl-free-truly-wireless-in-ear-headphones-black-nkrmirhdimrfj1bp6v78o7z3d2i0xmilff575ou6iw.jpg
 

jq75

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
Messages
143,041
Reaction score
5,003
Last edited:

Gambler.

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2008
Messages
14,044
Reaction score
761
Thanks but i received it as a gift from my partner so can’t help it..

Maybe I try buying the hooks to see if it helps me. I cant even walk long distance with the air phones snugging in my ears, less say exercise or run with it. Especially hot weather when I perspire, sure come off one :(
 

RocketBunny

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2015
Messages
8,155
Reaction score
412
Thanks but i received it as a gift from my partner so can’t help it..

Maybe I try buying the hooks to see if it helps me. I cant even walk long distance with the air phones snugging in my ears, less say exercise or run with it. Especially hot weather when I perspire, sure come off one :(

Or can get those that hooks both airpods together with a strap. But defeats the purpose of true wireless. Haha.
 

daylight

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2001
Messages
47,560
Reaction score
2,564
bought one set last month n never regret.
used have jabra wireless, but always drop off
 

parkson

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2014
Messages
639
Reaction score
126
lol thanks guys gonna give it a miss then

In MRT tunnel still can hear the music if you turn up the volume but yeah there's not much isolation. Radio/podcasts will still be good though. The sound quality is good in other settings and IMO the sheer convenience of this item trumps the lack of sound quality in certain places.
 

saggice

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
2,257
Reaction score
137
no doubt airpod is convenient but sound quality is real bad and can hear outside noise ..... the thing is that it’s not cheap also. :(
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
no doubt airpod is convenient but sound quality is real bad and can hear outside noise ..... the thing is that it’s not cheap also. :(

The sound quality of the AirPods is slightly better than the EarPods which is already good but at the price you are paying, it’s not only about the sound quality alone. It’s the convenience of pairing it with your Apple device and syncing it across all devices with the same Apple ID.

Apple didn’t advertise it an in-ear earphone with superb sound isolation. AirPods is not about that so your judgement is already wrong from the start.
 

ducklegsux

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
453
Reaction score
0
Really depends on your use case, I only use the AirPods for calls and only listen to music when I need to be aware of my surroundings such as when I go for a run or at the supermarket at night. I also have the QC30 for my travels as I am a frequent traveller, as for taking the train I only use my QC30 also to isolate the noise.

no doubt airpod is convenient but sound quality is real bad and can hear outside noise ..... the thing is that it’s not cheap also. :(
 

jq75

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
Messages
143,041
Reaction score
5,003
Do we need to do anything if we’re to sell the AirPods?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top