AirPods Pro Service Program for Sound Issues

Brandonlowsk

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2016
Messages
40
Reaction score
3
Gave a call to apple support and talked to an advisor since I am using Airpods Pro with an Android phone and wanted to check its manufacturing date, to see if I can replace the airpods.

The advisor asked for the airpods firmware, serial number and whether it was purchased from an apple store. I told her it was from a credit card promo Singsaver.

After a while, she said it's eligible for repair and set me up for an appointment in Jewel airport apple store.

Headed down there and the staff just asked what's the problem with it briefly. He took the airpods without the case and tested it in the backroom.

Both sides got problem and was replaced. The staff also told me this free replacement is only available within 2 years of the airpods purchase date and whether it's manufactured before Oct 2020.

Also, there's a 90 day warranty for the replaced airpods if there are still issues.

Kudos 👍🏻
I can’t remember when mine was bought, but I’m sure it was before 2020 January, does it mean I’m not eligible for the exchange? Since its more than 2 yrs from date or purchase? Any idea how to check when the airpods was bought
 

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2003
Messages
21,481
Reaction score
3,166
I can’t remember when mine was bought, but I’m sure it was before 2020 January, does it mean I’m not eligible for the exchange? Since its more than 2 yrs from date or purchase? Any idea how to check when the airpods was bought
according to e support doc it’s 3yrs. just log a case
 

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
17,564
Reaction score
125
no need check when u bot ur airpods lar
as long got issue just make appointment with them, let them run their test, if need to pay they will inform u 1st.
just got mine replaced last week :)
iirc program end in early Oct this year
 

Brandonlowsk

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2016
Messages
40
Reaction score
3
no need check when u bot ur airpods lar
as long got issue just make appointment with them, let them run their test, if need to pay they will inform u 1st.
just got mine replaced last week :)
iirc program end in early Oct this year
So now no more?
 

Madgiant

Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
152
Reaction score
5
Those who got a successful exchange, which Apple Store did you guys went to? Mine have the same problem, left pod crackling sound. Brought mine to orchard store and the genius did some diagnostics and said that my APP’s serial number is not within the defective batch. Wth man. I had mine for only slightly more than one year and it’s the exact same problem stated??!!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,292
Reaction score
5,868
Those who got a successful exchange, which Apple Store did you guys went to? Mine have the same problem, left pod crackling sound. Brought mine to orchard store and the genius did some diagnostics and said that my APP’s serial number is not within the defective batch. Wth man. I had mine for only slightly more than one year and it’s the exact same problem stated??!!
If apple own store don’t want to honour it, alab or qcd also wouldn’t.

typically they can exercise discretion. Have you tried asking if they can escalate?
 

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
61,433
Reaction score
607
I sent in mine last sun.. was told that it should be done within the next 3-4 days but then it has past… those who sent in for repair prevoiusly, how long does it take to for them to get back?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,292
Reaction score
5,868
I sent in mine last sun.. was told that it should be done within the next 3-4 days but then it has past… those who sent in for repair prevoiusly, how long does it take to for them to get back?
to apple store or those authorised service provider?

cause it should be a 1-1
 

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
61,433
Reaction score
607
to apple store or those authorised service provider?

cause it should be a 1-1
Apple store genius.. mine was sent in and not check on spot.. check on the spot was just basic questioning of the issue
 
Last edited:

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
61,433
Reaction score
607
Some static noise but unsure any way they finished the repair
 

Pred2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,172
Reaction score
1
I sent in mine last sun.. was told that it should be done within the next 3-4 days but then it has past… those who sent in for repair prevoiusly, how long does it take to for them to get back?
Around 2 weeks for mine after i went to Apple store @ Jewel
 

ruiyao

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
181
Reaction score
1
I sent in mine last sun.. was told that it should be done within the next 3-4 days but then it has past… those who sent in for repair prevoiusly, how long does it take to for them to get back?
Mine too! Sent in on 18, apple staff told me will mail it back to me by 23 but its 24 and still no updates
 

Madgiant

Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2017
Messages
152
Reaction score
5
If apple own store don’t want to honour it, alab or qcd also wouldn’t.

typically they can exercise discretion. Have you tried asking if they can escalate?
Is it possible for me to further escalate it through Apple support?
 

Kyubi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2002
Messages
61,433
Reaction score
607
Mine too! Sent in on 18, apple staff told me will mail it back to me by 23 but its 24 and still no updates
mine stated before they proceed to move the status to delivery
issues: functional (continuous) bud

so I assumed it’s no issue? Lol I don’t understand .. my status changed to pending delivery last Saturday
 

ruiyao

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
181
Reaction score
1
mine stated before they proceed to move the status to delivery
issues: functional (continuous) bud

so I assumed it’s no issue? Lol I don’t understand .. my status changed to pending delivery last Saturday
Oh my didnt know its gonna take so long. Hopefully they change a new set for u.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top