Same problem as the other user in Wechat wallet thread. Probably you need to try again.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=123644930
Take note this is different from the normal Alipay balance, I believe you can not get funds transferred from other friends with proper China Alipay account. It is a "PrePaid Card at Bank of China, valid for 90 days".
If you are still able to top up from funds transfer (by right you can not without linking to a China bank card) then continue to use that method.
Thanks for the info.
My friend has the same issue as me too. Still can't work after many tries.
Actually I believe we can get funds transferred from someone with a proper China alipay account even without us having a China bank account. I tried with my friend whose funds came from someone in China, just add as friend then press the RMB icon beside chat box to transfer, need to verify face then I can receive.
Another issue I have concern with is tour pass only works with merchants, not sure if there will be cases where I need to pay someone who is not a merchant in China, anyone got experience in this while travelling in China?
edit: topping up works now
to make things clearer:
- the balance in tour pass is for the alipay bank of shanghai prepaid card and is non transferable to other users, only can use to pay merchants
- there is another balance under me > balance, the funds here must come from within china ie. someone with a china bank account, this is transferable between users and is what people on carousellers are selling, apparently no need china id to receive unlike wechat pay