all about the Singtel [Aztech 7003]

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2003
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
229
that download and upload speed is Bloody damn low.

can u try to move closer to the router and test agaiun?
it might be faulty set, or it may just be the distance...
 

thiamhui

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2001
Messages
819
Reaction score
123
Under Home Network Configuration -> Local Area Network (LAN) Setup, what is the default for "Host Name"?
 

madhardy4

Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
175
Reaction score
1
I'm currently using a 7000GRV(S) on 200Mbps plan, is it possible to call Singtel to change it to the 7003?
 

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2003
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
229
I'm currently using a 7000GRV(S) on 200Mbps plan, is it possible to call Singtel to change it to the 7003?

Yes can. You have to tell them some complaints though. Search the forum. Forumer Henry ng has given many ideas on what to say
 

tonytham

Junior Member
Joined
May 10, 2013
Messages
41
Reaction score
2
Decided to start this thread where everyone can consolidate their knowledge on this relatively new product.

...

Pls contribute if you know anything too!

Thanks for the helpful info.

I took at look at the router settings file and see that there is a Support account with password L0gin55h7002. I tried logging in using that and username support, but it didn't work for me.

Anyone knows what it's for?
 

Francis85

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2007
Messages
11,774
Reaction score
8
Please also be reminded to disable wps if facing intermittent for this RG thru wifi..........
 

gohnick

Member
Joined
Sep 14, 2001
Messages
189
Reaction score
3
Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone has encountered this problem before. It all started after i replaced my Pace router to FG7003GRV(AC) router. all my laptops was able the map a network drive to my DLINK 320L NAS via LAN (cable) connection but when I switched to WiFi all my laptops will not be able to connect or map a network drive to my NAS. Ping/Tracert was ok.

After much research in the web/HWZ threads, I found out that disabling QoS fix the problem and my Laptops were all able to map / connect to my NAS.

My question now is what negative impact will there be if i disabled QoS as my mum does watch MioTV. My house does not have IPVoice thought.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)
 

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2003
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
229
Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone has encountered this problem before. It all started after i replaced my Pace router to FG7003GRV(AC) router. all my laptops was able the map a network drive to my DLINK 320L NAS via LAN (cable) connection but when I switched to WiFi all my laptops will not be able to connect or map a network drive to my NAS. Ping/Tracert was ok.

After much research in the web/HWZ threads, I found out that disabling QoS fix the problem and my Laptops were all able to map / connect to my NAS.

My question now is what negative impact will there be if i disabled QoS as my mum does watch MioTV. My house does not have IPVoice thought.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks :)
QoS is basically a priority bandwidth allocation system. I believe singtel enabled qos to give miotv priority so there will be no lag. You may encounter lags if you turn it off and your comps start to torrent or sth


Sent from GAGT Android App
 

chungleung

Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2007
Messages
226
Reaction score
29
This Aztech 7003 is a piece of rubbish waiting for trash. The router's 5GHz WiFi signal can sometimes just disappear in air. Totally no 5Ghz signal. The wireless speed then dropped to dead slow less than 1Mbps (normal AC mode over 160Mbps) after leaving the router in idle for some random duration. When this happen all I can do is to reboot the router. I've encountered countless number of times. Crap product from Aztech(Singapore)
 

tonytham

Junior Member
Joined
May 10, 2013
Messages
41
Reaction score
2
... The router's 5GHz WiFi signal can sometimes just disappear in air. Totally no 5Ghz signal. ... When this happen all I can do is to reboot the router. I've encountered countless number of times. Crap product from Aztech(Singapore)

I have the same experience.
 

serverxeon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2003
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
229
This Aztech 7003 is a piece of rubbish waiting for trash. The router's 5GHz WiFi signal can sometimes just disappear in air. Totally no 5Ghz signal. The wireless speed then dropped to dead slow less than 1Mbps (normal AC mode over 160Mbps) after leaving the router in idle for some random duration. When this happen all I can do is to reboot the router. I've encountered countless number of times. Crap product from Aztech(Singapore)

I've experienced that too. Even have it documented on signal strength chart
 

thiamhui

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2001
Messages
819
Reaction score
123
1046051347.png

This is the best download speed I can get using WiFi at 5 GHz 802.11n with 200 Mbps plan.
 

bolasutra

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2012
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Does anyone knows whether the Singtel LAN cables (Yellow and Blue) is Cat 5e or Cat 6 cables?
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Does anyone knows whether the Singtel LAN cables (Yellow and Blue) is Cat 5e or Cat 6 cables?

blue ones should be cat 6. yellow ones are cat 5e.

you can double check by looking on the cables, it should indicated 5e or 6.
 

upgrade

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1,304
Reaction score
2
The 2 cables provided are CAT6. They are colored Blue and Yellow to help the layman who does not know much about routers and their connection.

Plug the Blue cable to the Blue port (WAN).
Plug the Yellow cable to the Yellow port (LAN).

I believe this coloring of WAN and LAN ports may be following a standard specification, although I am aware there are some networking equipments that are not colored.
 

bolasutra

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2012
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
The 2 cables provided are CAT6. They are colored Blue and Yellow to help the layman who does not know much about routers and their connection.

Plug the Blue cable to the Blue port (WAN).
Plug the Yellow cable to the Yellow port (LAN).

I believe this coloring of WAN and LAN ports may be following a standard specification, although I am aware there are some networking equipments that are not colored.

Thanks. Solved.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top