Android TV Box

pulp_79sg

Reaction score
see comments in red.

Thanks for your comments!

Yes I was referring to the Mibox s

I've gone to mi.com/sg hoping to buy it online but Mibox s is not even listed. Not sure about their physical stores though..

No I'm not saying they are fake.. what i meant was that I read that those boxes are for China market (or dunno where else) but they flash it to load English firmware so it becomes the 'global' version. Original power plug is the 2 flat pin one or they throw in a third-party power plug. And most of them have either no warranty outright or dodgy warranty support.

So I'm looking for a more legit reseller or even better, a way to buy direcly from xiao mi if that is even possible

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

So I'm looking for a more legit reseller or even better, a way to buy direcly from xiao mi if that is even possible

As mentioned before, the following Shopee Shop "xiaomiofficialstore.sg" is directly from Xiaomi with one year local Singapore warranty even though they ship from China.
https://shopee.sg/product/178877065/5201808158?smtt=0.0.9

The cost is high now at S$109 -- but from time to time they have offer price like S$89 or even S$79 in January. Check out whether they have June 18 (618) offer or not.

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As mentioned before, the following Shopee Shop "xiaomiofficialstore.sg" is directly from Xiaomi with one year local Singapore warranty even though they ship from China.

The cost is high now at S$109 -- but from time to time they have offer price like S$89 or even S$79 in January. Check out whether they have June 18 (618) offer or not.
Is 18/6 a special day for sales?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I've gone to mi.com/sg hoping to buy it online but Mibox s is not even listed. Not sure about their physical stores though..

No I'm not saying they are fake.. what i meant was that I read that those boxes are for China market (or dunno where else) but they flash it to load English firmware so it becomes the 'global' version. Original power plug is the 2 flat pin one or they throw in a third-party power plug. And most of them have either no warranty outright or dodgy warranty support.

don't know how/where you got your information. show me the source of your info. I have not seen such thing before.

don't think the seller in shopee/lazada is clever enough to fake mibox s by loading english firmware on china version.

it is very easy to test whether it is genuine. mibox s can receive chromecast, run netflix in 4k. if the seller sent you a box that is not genuine, you can always ask for refund.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

They are such sellers in Taobao and called their Mi Box 4 China version Jail Broken version (破解版) or overseas (海外版) version of Mi Box 4. But they do not call this type of box Mi Box S.

They are not putting English FW. Rather they add a few apps and things like Shafa market or Dangbei market. For average users here, it is not a good idea to buy Android TV boxes from Taobao, and it is never a good idea to buy Mi Box S from Taobao.

As for Lazada and Shopee, as long as you search for Mi Box S, you should be fine. If still not comfortable, check the box model, it should be MDZ-22-AB.

Certain shop like Lazada xiaomionline (not an official shop from Xiaomi) will offer Mi Box S with 2pin plug and give free 3pin adapter. I bought one from this shop when it was on offer at S$67 during 11.11 offer and it is pretty okay.

Last edited:

Tyer

Master Member
Reaction score
There will be a flash deal for this box at Shopee at 1800hrs on the 3rd June 2020.

Kei_Li

Reaction score
Hi guys, I know my my questions are probably answered somewhere in this thread but it's just too long to read.

Simple question, Im using an older model of 4k TV from Philips, which runs android system but is as good as an "unsmart" TV.

I need a TV box to run youtube, Netflix and maybe some other common apps, which brand/model should i look at?

Thanks!

soarskyhigh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I know my my questions are probably answered somewhere in this thread but it's just too long to read.

Simple question, Im using an older model of 4k TV from Philips, which runs android system but is as good as an "unsmart" TV.

I need a TV box to run youtube, Netflix and maybe some other common apps, which brand/model should i look at?

Thanks!

Mibox s if you need youtube and netflix 4k etc and chromecast

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, found a few but the warranty varies from 7 days to 1 year? Does it matter? Do seller really honour the warranty in the first place?:s11:

The following link is from an official Xiaomi shop and sure they will honor the local one year warranty, but you will have to wait for the price to go down (say S$89 or lower). The price is at S$109 now and not worth it.

twist_shout

Master Member
Reaction score
Don’t bother with the warranty. The mibox I bought from lazmall is also from China. If need warranty get from local shop but more exp

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don’t bother with the warranty. The mibox I bought from lazmall is also from China. If need warranty get from local shop but more exp

mibox is very reliable, so don't need warranty.

the more important thing is 7-day or 30-day return/exchange, just in case - something happened during the shipment.

pulp_79sg

Reaction score
Thanks for all the recommendations guys.. I bought one from shopee during the flash 'sale'. Hopefully its easy to operate otherwise I'll have to come back here and bug you guys... :D:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.