Android TV Box

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've been using Duplex IPTV for a while which is great, but now it is no longer free, need to pay monthly. Tivimate is also good but keeps exiting every few minutes.

What are you using for your IPTV apk for Android TV box? I have paid IPTV subscription and just looking for a good app/apk with good user interface and stable enough.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Just my personal opinion, but I will venture to say none of the paid IPTV apks are so called "stable enough". After all, they are just pirate streams. The copyright holders and the authority will eventually catch them if they become popular.

Use legitimate streaming services like Starhub TV+, SingTel Cast, Netflix, TVB Anywhere+, etc, if you want to have long term stable services.

Last edited:

boonkang

Reaction score
I've been using Duplex IPTV for a while which is great, but now it is no longer free, need to pay monthly. Tivimate is also good but keeps exiting every few minutes.

What are you using for your IPTV apk for Android TV box? I have paid IPTV subscription and just looking for a good app/apk with good user interface and stable enough.

Thanks a lot in advance.

To be clear,

Duplex / TiviMate IPTV apps don't come with any TV channels, yes?

These are IPTV apps -- that allow you to load your own IPTV playlist(s) -- to watch TV channels/sources from your own playlist(s), correct?

So you already have your own IPTV playlist.

You just want to know more similar apps like TiviMate that can load your own IPTV playlist, yes?

Not into IPTV apps personally, but within a minute after searching on the Internet, I see info like below:

IPTVinsider Web site has an article on best IPTV apps:
https://iptvinsider.com/5-best-iptv-android-apps/

Also, this Reddit link below gives some alternatives to the TiviMate app:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTV/comments/ejmtzy/tivimate_iptv_player_alternatives_require_pvr/

If you search a bit more on the Internet, I'm sure you can find more info besides the above 2 links :)

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks a lot in advance.

tivimate is good, it won't exist every few minites.

if it happens on your box, it is not due to tivmate, but the channel list you used.

everex

Reaction score
To be clear,

Duplex / TiviMate IPTV apps don't come with any TV channels, yes?

These are IPTV apps -- that allow you to load your own IPTV playlist(s) -- to watch TV channels/sources from your own playlist(s), correct?

So you already have your own IPTV playlist.

You just want to know more similar apps like TiviMate that can load your own IPTV playlist, yes?

Not into IPTV apps personally, but within a minute after searching on the Internet, I see info like below:

IPTVinsider Web site has an article on best IPTV apps:
https://iptvinsider.com/5-best-iptv-android-apps/

Also, this Reddit link below gives some alternatives to the TiviMate app:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IPTV/comments/ejmtzy/tivimate_iptv_player_alternatives_require_pvr/

If you search a bit more on the Internet, I'm sure you can find more info besides the above 2 links :)

Yes, correct. Thanks for the advise.

everex

Reaction score
Just my personal opinion, but I will venture to say none of the paid IPTV apks are so called "stable enough". After all, they are just pirate streams. The copyright holders and the authority will eventually catch them if they become popular.

Use legitimate streaming services like Starhub TV+, SingTel Cast, Netflix, TVB Anywhere+, etc, if you want to have long term stable services.

Thanks xiaofan. As I’m already paying for the IPTV subscription with good live channels and VOD, am just looking for nice user GUI comparable to the first 2 mentioned.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry... but noob question here... does the Xiaomi Mi Box S and the Xiaomi Mi TV 4S Global version have a similar interface since they both use Android TV as the operating system? Also is the Mi Box S on Android 8 or 9? I know the Xiaomi TV 4S is on Android 9 cos I just bought one but not yet delivered...

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry... but noob question here... does the Xiaomi Mi Box S and the Xiaomi Mi TV 4S Global version have a similar interface since they both use Android TV as the operating system? Also is the Mi Box S on Android 8 or 9? I know the Xiaomi TV 4S is on Android 9 cos I just bought one but not yet delivered...

Yes both are running Android TV OS and they will have similar interface.

Mi Box S was launched with Android TV OS 8.1 but you can upgrade to Android TV 9.0 OS.

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One more question: is the Mi Box sold by the official Mi Store in Singapore or is it a grey import? Cos I check Qoo10 and it seems like there's only a 7 day warranty from some sellers...

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

what is the difference between android 6 and 9?

no much difference to me, both can run apps for me.

in fact 6 is better, can run more apps.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One more question: is the Mi Box sold by the official Mi Store in Singapore or is it a grey import? Cos I check Qoo10 and it seems like there's only a 7 day warranty from some sellers...

Mi Box S is sold through either official channels with local warranty (more expensive, usually S$89 or S$99) or with 3rd party without local warranty (around S$70+ when on offer).

But now there is the new Google Chromecast 2020 with Google TV which is better than Mi Box S (US$50, not available in Singapore yet). You may want to get it if not in a hurry. Some early adopters are getting it at around S$100.

Ref: Chromecast 2020 with Google TV, basically a Mi Box S with faster CPU, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/...google-tv-2020-a-6384782-4.html#post130110842

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh? Got official channels? I search high and low but I can't find leh...
https://shopee.sg/product/178877065/...158?smtt=0.0.9

Flash deal now at S$77.9, one year local official warranty.

cCPTgOo.jpg

Last edited:

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh? Got official channels? I search high and low but I can't find leh...

https://shopee.sg/product/178877065/...158?smtt=0.0.9

Flash deal now at S$77.9, one year local official warranty.

Qoo10 cheaper.
Link here

Group buy at $70
Cart Coupon -$10
Credit Card -$12 (from $5-$12 depending on the card used)

total: $48.

Yes your Qoo10 link is good.

Still take note the topic is about Mi Box S with Xiaomi official local warranty ("official channel"). I do not think the above Qoo10 listing has official warranty from Xiaomi, even though it mentions one year warranty.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Still take note the topic is about Mi Box S with Xiaomi official local warranty ("official channel"). I do not think the above Qoo10 listing has official warranty from Xiaomi, even though it mentions one year warranty.

It is covered by the seller. The freight is paid by the seller.

IMO, warranty or not is not important for mibox s, because it is very reliable.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is covered by the seller. The freight is paid by the seller.

IMO, warranty or not is not important for mibox s, because it is very reliable.

I agree with you here.

I myself bought from Lazada Xiaomi Online (not an official Xiaomi shop) which has 2-pin power adapter.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is warranty important? maybe the first 7 days. afterwhich.. is it still?

good for those who don't really care about warranty i think. For $50 i really can't be bothered with warranty. Is the warranty worth around $30 top up? Is anyone's call maybe.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is warranty important? maybe the first 7 days. afterwhich.. is it still?

good for those who don't really care about warranty i think. For $50 i really can't be bothered with warranty. Is the warranty worth around $30 top up? Is anyone's call maybe.

Not important for Mi Box S as it is pretty reliable in terms of HW quality. I myself bought Mi Box S without local warranty last year from Lazada.

I was just referring to the "official channel" query. There are people who prefer local warranty. There are also people who prefer physical shop (I myself included).

The Qoo10 listing is cheap. But I can tell you I do not trust Qoo10 myself, just a personal opinion based on the quality of the stuff my wife bought last time from Qoo10. I believe they have changed to better. But we also moved on to mainly use Taobao and occasionally Lazada/Shopee for online shopping.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.