Android TV Box

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I need some help. Bought a Mecool km1 about 3 months and is dead now. It just show a blue light and doesn't display anything. try email mecool and they refer me back to the reseller. I bought it from shopee and now the seller wouldn't reply me. anyone who know how to troubleshoot or know who can repair this? I feel is something on the firmware that went wrong. before this happen, the screen show an android icon and some command line before it went to this state. Any expert to help me please, thank in advance.

try factory reset.

if cannot recover, re-flash firmware.

google to find how to do all these.

DDanieLL

Reaction score
I can't as there isn't a hard reset button to press. Unless there is is one hidden inside the box and I need to open up.

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If my low end box is slow, can i remove google services or just dun log in to google?

magixz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK. Go disable it. Will try for my old s805 box.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 9S using GAGT

Elon Jobs

Reaction score
My mouse toggle app no longer works after my Mi Box 3 updated to version 9. Any experts here know how to troubleshoot? I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app but it doesn’t work.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My mouse toggle app no longer works after my Mi Box 3 updated to version 9. Any experts here know how to troubleshoot? I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app but it doesn’t work.

do not upgrade to ver 9 if you want to continue to use mouse toggle.

too late for you to know about this :)

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.xda-developers.com/noki...available-in-germany-austria-and-switzerland/

New Android TV box from Nokia with S905X3 CPU, 2GB RAM, 8GB storage. But I will say Google Chromecast 2020 is a better buy.

Spec: no mention of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos
https://www.nokia.com/shop/streaming-devices/nokia-streaming-box-8000

for the same amount of money, you can buy 4 sets of dynalink tvbox that is using google ADT-3 hardware.

https://www.nexttv.com/amp/news/goo...d-adt-3-android-tv-device-surfaces-at-walmart

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Xiaofan

May I know what does certified box means?
If get it, means no need pay subscription for Nexfxxx?

No. It means you are able to watch HD or 4K Netflix with the certified box after you pay for the corresponding Netflix plan.

With non certified box, you are stuck with 480p in general, even if you pay for the HD or UHD tier plan.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
guys, is there any tv box with rca output?

I tried using a hdmi>RCA converter, but the output quality was less than desired.

the only tv box with rca output that I can find is himedia ones and they are expensive.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I tried using a hdmi>RCA converter, but the output quality was less than desired.

the only tv box with rca output that I can find is himedia ones and they are expensive.

rca isnt good for full hd

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

you will get the same quality.

since ouput from rca is not good enough for you, you have to buy new tv with hdmi input.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yah I check a few videos that all the RCA converter are not able to output HD quality.

just wondering there is any Android box with RCA output?

why is himedia box so expensive?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.