Android TV Box

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
install apktime. you can then install iptv apps from apktime. most of them have the news channels you mentioned.
thanks, seems like one needs to find the playlist to stream? ANyone know where i could obtain it?

Last edited:

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
who told you that? wasted my time.
told me? I installed apktime, install IPTV(s) i tried multiple, launch them, they are basically empty in it.

I may be wrong, will realy appreciate if you could help lead me to the right path.

Thank you.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
told me? I installed apktime, install IPTV(s) i tried multiple, launch them, they are basically empty in it.

I may be wrong, will realy appreciate if you could help lead me to the right path.

Thank you.
which one?

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IPTV Smarters Pro
IPTV Pro
Free IPTV
MegaIPTV Official
Ultimate IPTV (this one don't know load what some adverts of all sort).

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IPTV Smarters Pro
IPTV Pro
Free IPTV
MegaIPTV Official
Ultimate IPTV (this one don't know load what some adverts of all sort).

you went to the wrong group, the apps should be under "live" section.

The easiest app to use is TvMob

you can also use other apps like Redbox TV, OlaTV, Swift stream.

you may want to many other apps in the live section ( some need vpn )

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi...im a noob. Are those TV channels streamed via android box is illegal?

Depending on the app. For example meWatch is a legitimate streaming app. Netflix, SingTel Cast, Starhub TV+, Apple TV+, etc, are examples of legitimate streaming apps.

On the other hand, the live TV and VOD apps on Unblock boxes and EVpad (along with some others), are not legitimate based on Singapore laws. Sometimes they may sell "pure box" without the apps preinstalled to try to circumvent the law but then their apps and severs may be blocked.

Residentvigilante

Reaction score
wah lan i was intending to buy tv box my contract just ended. should i buy now but later all cant use and blocke how ah

richard_lim

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have different requirements:
I only watches live TV news (no sports!) and the occasional documentaries (and Youtube).

I have some old TV-boxes gathering dust like MXpro & a free from Phillips box.
All currently running Kikkat 4.4.2, 1GB RAM & 8GB ROM and are quite sluggish!
The MXpro has Kodi on it (not used).
Unfortunately, they don't want to install Haystack TV and their Youtube hangs.
I read in earlier posts that one can disable all google services to make them run faster.

Any advice on how to get these dinosaurs to work?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have different requirements:
I only watches live TV news (no sports!) and the occasional documentaries (and Youtube).

I have some old TV-boxes gathering dust like MXpro & a free from Phillips box.
All currently running Kikkat 4.4.2, 1GB RAM & 8GB ROM and are quite sluggish!
The MXpro has Kodi on it (not used).
Unfortunately, they don't want to install Haystack TV and their Youtube hangs.
I read in earlier posts that one can disable all google services to make them run faster.

Any advice on how to get these dinosaurs to work?
read the announcement post of facebook group - tv box sg - full instructions can be found there

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you went to the wrong group, the apps should be under "live" section.

The easiest app to use is TvMob

you can also use other apps like Redbox TV, OlaTV, Swift stream.

you may want to many other apps in the live section ( some need vpn )
TvMob is working. Thank you very much!

switzchic

Reaction score
Hi gurus,

Need your help... Does StarHub TV+ app require an Android box that is Google-certified e.g. Mecool KM1 or it can be installed just as long as the Android box is unrooted i.e. as long as I manage to remove root for a non-Google certified box e.g. Beelink GT King Pro?
I would like a box that has a lot more RAM & storage than the 2GB RAM, 8 GB storage that the likes of Mi Box S, Google Chromecast 2020 and Mecool KM2 can offer, but I would like to be able to install StarHub TV+ app on it as well. Which box would you recommend?

Appreciate your help, many thanks!

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Starhub TV+ only works on Starhub TV+ box. It can not be installed on Google certified box. But you can cast from your mobile phone.

As for other boxes, it is not supported. YMMV.

If you really need Starhub TV+ apps on a TV box, you still need Starhub TV+ box, unless you are willing to cast from mobile phone.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi gurus,

Need your help... Does StarHub TV+ app require an Android box that is Google-certified e.g. Mecool KM1 or it can be installed just as long as the Android box is unrooted i.e. as long as I manage to remove root for a non-Google certified box e.g. Beelink GT King Pro?
I would like a box that has a lot more RAM & storage than the 2GB RAM, 8 GB storage that the likes of Mi Box S, Google Chromecast 2020 and Mecool KM2 can offer, but I would like to be able to install StarHub TV+ app on it as well. Which box would you recommend?

Appreciate your help, many thanks!
why do you need more than 2GB RAM?

switzchic

Reaction score
Starhub TV+ only works on Starhub TV+ box. It can not be installed on Google certified box. But you can cast from your mobile phone.

As for other boxes, it is not supported. YMMV.

If you really need Starhub TV+ apps on a TV box, you still need Starhub TV+ box, unless you are willing to cast from mobile phone.
Thanks bro!
So just wondering, what are the advantages of buying a Google-certified box (but not Netflix certified) then? Non-google certified boxes can install most apps and also support Youtube 4K right?

switzchic

Reaction score
why do you need more than 2GB RAM?
I currently have an Minix X8-H Plus which has 2GB RAM and 16GB storage, & it's incredibly slow, tends to hang & there's not enough space to install all the apps I need, so for a new box my aim is to have at least 4GB DDR4 RAM and preferably 64GB of storage. If only the Mi Box S comes with more RAM and storage :p

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro!
So just wondering, what are the advantages of buying a Google-certified box (but not Netflix certified) then? Non-google certified boxes can install most apps and also support Youtube 4K right?

Advantages of the Google Certified Box but not Netflix certified: not much, but they may have better HW spec, especially connectivity options (more USB ports, Ethernet ports). So if you do not need Netflix HD, then they are good option too. An example is Minix NEO T5 (around S$99) which has Gigabit Ethernet.

As for non Google certified box, I do not really recommend them since they do not support Chromecast and they will not support Netflix HD and others which requires DRM. For example, you will not be able to install Singtel Cast and Singtel TV Go. Yes they normally have no issues with Youtube 4k but you are missing quite some good stuff.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.