Android TV Box

ahhjiee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A newbie question here. I recently bought a km2 with preloaded apps like kodi tvb etc. I read that if I want to watch live stream channels, I need to download iptv. Do I need to use VPN to watch? Will I be facing legal issues if I were to not use VPN?

is there a newbie guide on these? Others that I found is not targetted for sg user

cet87

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you may want to try WeTV, a tencents app meant for overseas customer. should be easier to subscribe.

if you don't need highest quality, can also try the app by guazitv. The app can be download from the official site at guazitv dot tv. There are 2 versions, suggest to run the TV version on TV box. At the moment, the app doesn't provide history and favourite functions, however the streaming speed is fast, and it is free.
not all shows can watch le. need to pay monthly. :(

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
not all shows can watch le. need to pay monthly. :(
who said all is free?? read carefully before you make noise.

Someone mentioned that he could not subscribe to china app and I told him that this WeTV is easier to subscribe.

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
May I know if I need to root or load a new firmware on the a new tvbox (installed with android 10) which I bought online? Thinking of Buying a mecool box.

Last edited:

Reborn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i have a mecool m8s pro w. When I try the livetv on mewatch, the video always doesn't load. But the rest of the on demand videos works fine. How come?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows about this? Thanks in advance!

Q: May I know if I need to root or load a new firmware on the a new tvbox (installed with android 10) which I bought online? Thinking of Buying a mecool box.

A: Don't need to root, you can install and use most of the apps without rooting. Only certain apps need root. BTW, it is not recommended for new users to use these apps.

It is not necessary to update firmware, unless the current firmware is buggy.

CatLuVer

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, i got a 5yrs old beelink android box. Now its super laggy.

Any new android box to recommend? Thanks

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
Q: May I know if I need to root or load a new firmware on the a new tvbox (installed with android 10) which I bought online? Thinking of Buying a mecool box.

A: Don't need to root, you can install and use most of the apps without rooting. Only certain apps need root. BTW, it is not recommended for new users to use these apps.

It is not necessary to update firmware, unless the current firmware is buggy.
Thanks a lot, Gregory, always so helpful !
:love:

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
install apktime on your box, try the top apps recommended by apktime

HI buddy, app (Bee TV) keeps telling me to use Titan video player. I've downloaded MX player but Bee TV Mod version doesn't allow me to set default player (no option in settings), how do I tell it to use MX player instead of Titan player?

TIA.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
HI buddy, app (Bee TV) keeps telling me to use Titan video player. I've downloaded MX player but Bee TV Mod version doesn't allow me to set default player (no option in settings), how do I tell it to use MX player instead of Titan player?

TIA.
why the versions I used can?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have any opinion about MX1-SE, which seems to have Chromecast (Google Cast)?

Ref: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001267956704.html
Don't think it has chromecast.

Your link is a 1GB/8GB version, not recommended. Should get the 2GB/16GB version instead.

Lazada is selling, cheaper than aliexpress. normally < $25

it is using 3228 chip, not fast, but good enough to run most media apps. The main advantage is that it can run UBVOD.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.