Android TV Box

eauyong

Reaction score
Thinking of trying out one of these two AndroidTV 10 boxes made by Taiwanese manufacturer, Askey Computer Corp. which is a subsidiary of ASUSTeK Computer which makes the Asus Router and the good quality Asus motherboard, computers, laptops, etc.

1) onn. (by Wallmart)
UHD Streaming Device
Year 2021 – USA – STI6140-D360 / 8822CS
Amlogic S905Y2 – Quad–core 1.8 GHz, 2/8GB
GPU: Mali G31 MP2
DRM: Widevine L1
AC Wifi-5; BT 4.2
Walmart/Amazon : US$ 19.88

2) Dynalink TV Box
Year 2020 – Taiwan – STI6130–D350 / DL-ATV36
AC Wifi-5; BT 4.2
Walmart/Amazon : US$ 29.99

Specs. is much better than my MiBox S. with Amlogic S905X (Q1-2016) 28nm HKMG Lithography but the
S905Y2 (Q4-2018) is 12 nm.
-

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thinking of trying out one of these two AndroidTV 10 boxes made by Taiwanese manufacturer, Askey Computer Corp. which is a subsidiary of ASUSTeK Computer which makes the Asus Router and the good quality Asus motherboard, computers, laptops, etc.

1) onn. (by Wallmart)
UHD Streaming Device
Year 2021 – USA – STI6140-D360 / 8822CS
AC Wifi-5; BT 4.2
Walmart/Amazon : US$ 19.88

2) Dynalink TV Box
Year 2020 – Taiwan – STI6130–D350 / DL-ATV36
AC Wifi-5; BT 4.2
Walmart/Amazon : US$ 29.99

Specs. is much better than my MiBox S. with Amlogic S905X (Q1-2016) 28nm HKMG Lithography but the
S905Y2 (Q4-2018) is 12 nm.
-

At the stated price, both are very good official Android TV OS boxes with Netflix 4k.

Walmart page for the Onn Android TV Box
https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-Android-TV-UHD-Streaming-Device/636597403Review:

Walmart page for Dynalink Android TV Box
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dynalink...-HD-Netflix-4K-Youtube/981542272?athbdg=L1700Review:

Google Chromecast 2020 may have better long term support and better build quality, but the price is higher at US$50 (around S$80+ from local online shops)

FYI Xiaomi s going to release the new Xiaomi TV Stick 4k. But the price will also be higher than the two boxes you mentioned.
https://www.mi.com/global/product/xiaomi-tv-stick-4k/

Last edited:

eauyong

Reaction score
Onn Android TV Box arrived Yesterday. Google ATV 10, speed of ethernet through USB was a fantastic 310Mbps as compared to the Xiaomi S at 50Mbps. using the same adaptor. The software was upgraded upon 1st startup to the latest version dated early Dec 2021. My Xiaomi S box become the backup set from today. Highly recommended! (y)

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
Xiaomi TV Stock 4K global version

Quad Core Arm Cortex A35 CPU (probably Amlogic S905Y4), 2GB RAM, 8GB Storage, Android TV OS 11, with support of Dolby vision, Dolby ATMOS and DTS HD.

It still uses MicroUSB connector, not sure whether OTG is enabled or not.

Product website:
https://www.mi.com/global/product/xiaomi-tv-stick-4k/
News: expected price is below Google Chromecast 2020 which is a close competitor.
https://www.androidauthority.com/xiaomi-tv-stick-4k-3076909/
There is also realme 4k Smart Google TV Stick launched recently

https://www.androidpolice.com/realme-4k-smart-google-tv-stick-review/

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Apex01

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

darr

Reaction score
Price is great~$50 after factoring all vouchers n rebates i could stack. The Realme 4k stick running on OS11 is very snappy and way more responsive compared to Xiaomi FHD stick and Box S. Unfortunately like all sticks it does not have a card slot or usb port...will be great for playing media files from ext hdd... i still have to use my Box S.

nusntusmu

Reaction score
Hi, I wanna to get android tv box for my old 4k tv for my parents. Considering either Google Chromecast with google tv 2020 or Xiaomi Mibox S. I'll need to install mewatch app to watch live mediacorp channel, and iqiyi international version app.

May I know which TV box is more suitable? Best to avoid using phone to cast mewatch to the TV since my parent not really tech savvy.

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, I wanna to get android tv box for my old 4k tv for my parents. Considering either Google Chromecast with google tv 2020 or Xiaomi Mibox S. I'll need to install mewatch app to watch live mediacorp channel, and iqiyi international version app.

May I know which TV box is more suitable? Best to avoid using phone to cast mewatch to the TV since my parent not really tech savvy.

Both will work but I will suggest buying the Google Chomecast with Google TV which has better HW specification.

Ref: https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/threads/android-tv-box-recommendations.6662455/

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

mi tv stick is a cheaper option.

the only short coming is it can only do until 1080p. but 1080p should be good enough for old people and old TV.

darr

Reaction score
Both works fine. I installed Mi Tv Stick in study room FHD Tv, Mi Box S in living room 4k TV. My old folks love that the interface for both are identical, remote controls are identical. I even make sure both are connected to same HDMI input. So whatever muscle memory they do for one TV is identical to the other TV. Cast is seamless for Mewatch and other apps.

Android 9 setup is easy just need to tap on their android phones and everything cloned over. Android TV 11 setup forcing me to sync using Google Home app is painful, end up I have to log in manually to sync. Old folks like things simple and familiar.

Unless your old folks like to play Forza and what nots, no need any overpowered devices lol.

darr

Reaction score
Depending on your folks, my folks prefer to use phone to select the mewatch shows and cast over, same for youtube. Way easier to use phone to search than using the remote to click click click so slow. Yes you can add bluetooth keyboard to TV, but remember less extra device the better. Same reason why I install both TVs with identical Mi remotes.

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
I just bought IPTV APK from Lazada - Amconics Technology, planning to load into my XiaoMi TV Box S.
The seller asked me to download from iptv6k.vip but the file contains WIN32.ERIS ransomware virus.

Is it normal for apk to have "false positive" virus?

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just bought IPTV APK from Lazada - Amconics Technology, planning to load into my XiaoMi TV Box S.
The seller asked me to download from iptv6k.vip but the file contains WIN32.ERIS ransomware virus.

Is it normal for apk to have "false positive" virus?

are you sure that it is false positive?

why this shop dares to sell illegal subscriptions on lazada?

ask for refund immediately.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.