Any lawyers here? Need help

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
I don't think your "medical grounds" work in such case. Cuz they pay they offer you should be high which you won't be covered under MOM employment acts or etc....

It's either you can't tahan them, pay the 3 months LD, or they can't tahan you, ask you leave immediately and pay you the days you had worked.

I tried to take back my resignation and say I will work there with my psychiatrist help but they say I flip flop and don't think I am fit to practise. Which is very mean of them to say. What is so difficult about seeing coughs and colds and headaches etc.

Best is locum. No problems. Everytime sign contract in private sector, something bad happens.
 
Last edited:

Linguist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2017
Messages
12,931
Reaction score
6,461
I tried to take back my resignation and say I will work there with my psychiatrist help but they say I flip flop and don't think I am fit to practise.

If they think u not fit to practise, ask them sack you from probation. You don't pay LD on such basis (unless the contract states otherwise again) .

However no matter what went on between you and the company.
Please treat your patients (if your job scope is as such) well and diligently.
 
Last edited:

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
If they think u not fit to practise, ask them sack you from probation. You don't pay LD on such basis (unless the contract states otherwise again) .

However no matter what went on between you and the company.
Please treat your patients (if your job scope is as such) well and diligently.

I try my best with each pt I see.
 

Linguist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2017
Messages
12,931
Reaction score
6,461
I try my best with each pt I see.

simple case, means the days you not working (due illness), u get no pay.

so for the days you been missing from work, tell them it's due to fever/illness and since they don't accept MC, you did not get MC from doctor those days lor.

1. Just throw letter and give them the 3 months notice they want.
2. Report work daily but don't perform.
3. Wait for the 3 months to end, get your pay. Or till they cannot tahan you sack you from probation instead (still got to pay you for the days u report to work, else you can sue them).

I don't think your "medical grounds" work in such case. Cuz they pay they offer you should be high which you won't be covered under MOM employment acts or etc....

It's either you can't tahan them, pay the 3 months LD, or they can't tahan you, ask you leave immediately and pay you the days you had worked.

Have resignation letter signed, scanned, attached and inform them through email.
Print out the email so you have written proof that you informed the company on your wishes to leave after giving 3 months notice.

Verbally and through whatsapp may not work since it's not 'official' method.

If you have decided to leave, do the above again, with a *Must do* copy of it (since you can't take back your resignation letter and you don't know if they want to recognise your resignation as at that date you written and submitted).

All the best to you, and stay well & healthy.
 

Linguist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2017
Messages
12,931
Reaction score
6,461
They cornered me into saying I want to quit with no notice.

My advice to you is stated above, inform them, keep a copy, report to work daily, don't perform (but treat each patient case diligently, doctor job is important!!), wait till you get sacked or the 3 months passed. How you want to deal with it from here onwards you have to decide yourself.

Like I said, it's who cannot tahan who first and want to surrender.
(you have to turn 'deaf' to them when you are there until you get sacked/3 months notice passed. No choice for you if you don't want to pay the 3 months LD.)

Or you wait for other members to advice you if they have alternate solutions.
Do note that if you go to court, you may not win, and worse you may have your doctor license questioned (since you have PTSD how you going treat other patients, etc untill you are cured and certified able to practice again perhaps)...


All the best~
 
Last edited:

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
My advice to you is stated above, inform them, keep a copy, report to work daily, don't perform (but treat each patient case diligently, doctor job is important!!), wait till you get sacked or the 3 months passed. How you want to deal with it from here onwards you have to decide yourself.

Or you wait for other members to advice you if they have alternate solutions.
Do note that if you go to court, you may not win, and worse you may have your doctor license questioned (since you have PTSD how you going treat other patients, etc untill you are cured and certified able to practice again perhaps)...


All the best~

I cannot work there. But I can locum. Will let my psychiatrist know why.
 
Last edited:

Linguist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2017
Messages
12,931
Reaction score
6,461
I cannot work there. But I can locum.

We have no idea what's stated in your contract, ur job scope, etc etc.
Other than the fact that you are practising medicine/ working as a doctor.

Even when I advice you "don't perform". You should still be expected to treat and assess each and every of your patient (if that is your job scope) diligently.

Disclaimer: We do not bear any consequences of your actions henceforth.

I'm writing this because you mentioned you are suffering from PSTD, and that you may not be suitable to treat or assess any patient right now.
It's making me feel really, seriously uneasy...

I hope I did not hurt you in any ways. It's just what I felt and obliged to inform you due to your current profession.
 

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
We have no idea what's stated in your contract, ur job scope, etc etc.
Other than the fact that you are practising medicine/ working as a doctor.

Even when I advice you "don't perform". You should still be expected to treat and assess each and every of your patient (if that is your job scope) diligently.

Disclaimer: We do not bear any consequences of your actions henceforth.

I'm writing this because you mentioned you are suffering from PSTD, and that you may not be suitable to treat or assess any patient right now.
It's making me feel really, seriously uneasy...

I hope I did not hurt you in any ways. It's just what I felt and obliged to inform you due to your current profession.

Not so serious lah. As the link says, need to have symptoms for 1 month.

Anyway, there r a few Drs who have psychiatric problems but well with medication practising here.
 

Linguist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2017
Messages
12,931
Reaction score
6,461
Not so serious lah. As the link says, need to have symptoms for 1 month.

Anyway, there r a few Drs who have psychiatric problems but well with medication practising here.

I seriously hope nothing serious happen henceforth.

My above advice still stands. However, during the 3 months notice, please note that if you did not report to work, the notice period will naturally extend longer (for the days you did not work).

As long as you report to work, whatever crap they say like "thought you want quit without notice", ignore those. If you can't provide a accurate assessment/treat your patient illness due to PSTD or whatever, don't do it and leave it to other doctors. Just stay in office do other paper/admin work/nothing, wait till knock-off time.

As long as you report to work, you are safe and counting down the 3 months notice. They don't like your presence or your job performance, they should sack you from probation (inform them explicitly they can sack you off immediately, else you will stay for the notice period of 3 months whether they like it or not, and leave without penalties yet they still got to pay you salary).

Good night to you.
 
Last edited:

ELKYme

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2018
Messages
518
Reaction score
0
mummy1234,
Seems like you only have symptoms of PTSD , that may/may not develop into PTSD (needs many months to ascertain)... anyway who cares.

Believe your main objective is to resign and not pay any LD. As such, here’s my recommendation:

1) Write a formal resignation letter to your employer stating the reason, include the fact that you are seeking TREATMENT for your condition.
2) Tell your psychiatrist about your predicament and ask him to craft the report accordingly (see below for more details).
3) Do not waste money engaging a lawyer if the coy decide to sue. Self-represent (no point throwing good money after bad).

When you see the psychiatrist (hopefully someone you know), remember, you are preparing for defending yourself should the coy sue you. The psychiatrist’s report should contain:

1) Outline of what is PTSD (use layman terms, judge is not a Doctor).
2) What are the symptoms leading up to PTSD.
3) What is Hyperarousal.
4) How these symptoms (especially Hyperarousal) will affect you on how you do your work AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THE REPERCUSSIONS (safety of your patients) if you were to continue working.

Your psychiatrist can use these to describe point 3:
Hyperarousal*often*leads to:
* irritability
* angry outbursts
* sleeping problems (insomnia)
* difficulty concentrating

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/symptoms/

Should you need to go court, the judge would likely view SAFETY of your patients (public safety) much more importantly than breaching some stupid employment contract.
 

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2011
Messages
9,541
Reaction score
923
I shake my head.....

and since I have nothing good/edifying to say, I shall just keep quiet....
 

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2017
Messages
8,585
Reaction score
293
I shake my head.....

and since I have nothing good/edifying to say, I shall just keep quiet....

Attention seeker. Usually wash her dirty linen in public about her husband.

This time something different.

99.99999% is false. "She" might just been a teenage boy.
 

fluffydream

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2018
Messages
58
Reaction score
9
You owe a duty of care to your patients..if something untoward happens..due to your fitness to practice then there's more repercussion . So just give 3 months notice and I'm sure the private practice u will be scared as well and may let u go.
 

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
29,498
Reaction score
5,639
very scared to know the doctor i see may be same as mummy.. later he prescribe wrong medicine due to his or his personal issues how ?
 

yoongf

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2000
Messages
5,723
Reaction score
991
Find an amicable outcome.
Its a small industry and ppl do share info very easily these days.
 

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
I explained to them I have to resign for medical reasons. And I have no money to pay. I would rather die than pay them money. If they force me to pay, I may just commit suicide.
 
Last edited:

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,166
Reaction score
5,102
Commit suicide?? Don't do it.. You got mortgage to pay and kids/hubby to feed
I explained to them I have to resign for medical reasons. And I have no money to pay. I would rather die than pay them money. If they force me to pay, I may just commit suicide.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top