Any lawyers here? Need help

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2000
Messages
13,110
Reaction score
4,081
U r also not a lawyer so u don't qualify to come into my thread.

I have reported this thread as totally irrelevant and not qualifying as a thread for money mind.

This thread should be moved to either
(1) Employment Office (this is an employment dispute)
(2) Health & Fitness Corner (for mental health issues)
(3) EDMW (because everything that doesn't belong goes there)
 

Linguist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2017
Messages
12,930
Reaction score
6,460
I have reported this thread as totally irrelevant and not qualifying as a thread for money mind.

This thread should be moved to either
(1) Employment Office (this is an employment dispute)
(2) Health & Fitness Corner (for mental health issues)
(3) EDMW (because everything that doesn't belong goes there)

Thank you, limster.
To the moderator and admin, thanks for your upcoming help to transfer the thread to the right place.
 

DanielsaN8

Banned
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
103,711
Reaction score
7
I quit without notice cause working there gives me PTSD. Is that an acceptable reason? Will they still seek 3 months liquadated damage when I only worked there for 1 week?

Maybe you more suitable to work as a locum, own time own target and not so stress
 

Linguist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2017
Messages
12,930
Reaction score
6,460
Why can't this be in moneymind?

Not so serious lah. As the link says, need to have symptoms for 1 month.

Anyway, there r a few Drs who have psychiatric problems but well with medication practising here.

Yes, I am protected by the clause that if I am ill , I can absent myself from work.

mummy1234,
Seems like you only have symptoms of PTSD , that may/may not develop into PTSD (needs many months to ascertain)... anyway who cares.

Believe your main objective is to resign and not pay any LD. As such, here’s my recommendation:

1) Write a formal resignation letter to your employer stating the reason, include the fact that you are seeking TREATMENT for your condition.
2) Tell your psychiatrist about your predicament and ask him to craft the report accordingly (see below for more details).
3) Do not waste money engaging a lawyer if the coy decide to sue. Self-represent (no point throwing good money after bad).

When you see the psychiatrist (hopefully someone you know), remember, you are preparing for defending yourself should the coy sue you. The psychiatrist’s report should contain:

1) Outline of what is PTSD (use layman terms, judge is not a Doctor).
2) What are the symptoms leading up to PTSD.
3) What is Hyperarousal.
4) How these symptoms (especially Hyperarousal) will affect you on how you do your work AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, THE REPERCUSSIONS (safety of your patients) if you were to continue working.

Your psychiatrist can use these to describe point 3:
Hyperarousal*often*leads to:
* irritability
* angry outbursts
* sleeping problems (insomnia)
* difficulty concentrating

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/post-traumatic-stress-disorder-ptsd/symptoms/

Should you need to go court, the judge would likely view SAFETY of your patients (public safety) much more importantly than breaching some stupid employment contract.

Because this thread has nothing to do with money/finance/investment other than to question your sanity and in fact poses MAJOR concern to the country's public health & safety if you continue to practise medicine without seeking real help in life.

It is not that I don't want to serve 3 months notice but I cannot because of medical reasons. I can locum but I cannot work there. Cause boss is a Catholic and I was bullied by a Catholic before. Bosses wife is a clinic assistant and I have been bullied by clinic assistants before.

TS is a threat to the boss and his wife at the workplace too!
TS can't work at any clinic because all clinics supposedly would have clinic assistants!?

If TS is a doctor, he/she can get bullied by clinic assistant in the past!?
WOW!! Surprised!
 
Last edited:

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
Actually they r quite understanding. He said God bless after I said I want to resign with immediate effect. He never ask me to pay anything and said he will pay me. But he says I breached contract also and wants to seek legal advise and he advised me to do the same. My hubby tried to speak to him amicably to seek a resolution and my hubby says he wants some compensation.

I hope being fellow medical professionals and Christians. We can end this contract amicably and fairly.

I offered a deal of compensation. But he rejected it.
 
Last edited:

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
I am also afraid that since MIW knows I am likely an opposition supporter, all the PAP IBs will attack me. Questioning my sanity or try to bankrupt me. That is why I don't dare to work there. I am fearful of sabotage.
 

DanielsaN8

Banned
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
103,711
Reaction score
7
You might want to seek advise from MOM on early resignation without completing the contract

Or alternatively try negotitate with your employer or HR and cite reason like you have other commitment and hope to tender earlier
 

Linguist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2017
Messages
12,930
Reaction score
6,460
Actually they r quite understanding. He said God bless after I said I want to resign with immediate effect. He never ask me to pay anything and said he will pay me. But he says I breached contract also and wants to seek legal advise and he advised me to do the same. My hubby tried to speak to him amicably to seek a resolution and my hubby says he wants some compensation.

I quit without notice cause working there gives me PTSD. Is that an acceptable reason? Will they still seek 3 months liquadated damage when I only worked there for 1 week?

I verbally and whatsapp them that I want to quit from today onwards. He say I breach contract and want to seek legal advice. They say I quit without notice then I offered to serve out the 3 month notice but they don't want.

He is angry with me and I try to talk to him via whatsapp but he doesn't reply.

He takes my whatsapp messages as harrassment and talk about getting police protection from me.

I tried to take back my resignation and say I will work there with my psychiatrist help but they say I flip flop and don't think I am fit to practise. Which is very mean of them to say. What is so difficult about seeing coughs and colds and headaches etc.

Best is locum. No problems. Everytime sign contract in private sector, something bad happens.

I quit without notice cause working there gives me PTSD. Is that an acceptable reason? Will they still seek 3 months liquadated damage when I only worked there for 1 week?

I verbally and whatsapp them that I want to quit from today onwards. He say I breach contract and want to seek legal advice. They say I quit without notice then I offered to serve out the 3 month notice but they don't want.

He is angry with me and I try to talk to him via whatsapp but he doesn't reply.

He takes my whatsapp messages as harrassment and talk about getting police protection from me.


Something seriously off with this person....


if some kind soul knows who this so-called doctor is, please PM me, so i can avoid in case next time i need to visit some random clinic.

For the safety of the public, please ring the medical industry to conduct a review on this person.
 
Last edited:

DanielsaN8

Banned
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
103,711
Reaction score
7
Actually they r quite understanding. He said God bless after I said I want to resign with immediate effect. He never ask me to pay anything and said he will pay me. But he says I breached contract also and wants to seek legal advise and he advised me to do the same. My hubby tried to speak to him amicably to seek a resolution and my hubby says he wants some compensation.

I hope being fellow medical professionals and Christians. We can end this contract amicably and fairly.

I offered a deal of compensation. But he rejected it.

How come you offer compensation and he rejected it? Your boss is also a christian?
 

Linguist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2017
Messages
12,930
Reaction score
6,460
How come you offer compensation and he rejected it? Your boss is also a christian?

must be ridiculous. maybe like "offer to find a locum for the clinic to replace her" (she signed partnership contract).

I did offer to help them find locum cover.

I signed a salaried partnership contract but I want to resign during my probation of 3 months.
I only worked one week. Termination clause says written notice of 3 months or liquadated damages in lieu of notice.
Can I resign without notice for medical reasons? Have some post traimatic stress symptoms working there. I am unable to serve 3 months notice because of this.
Can they waive the liquadated damage for my resigning without notice?
 
Last edited:

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2010
Messages
29,553
Reaction score
5,675
You might want to seek advise from MOM on early resignation without completing the contract

Or alternatively try negotitate with your employer or HR and cite reason like you have other commitment and hope to tender earlier

her case is more than an employment contract (if she is not trolling). might be a business contract. a lot of things she chose to leave out saying to make herself look pitiful.
 

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
Actually locums have very little protection. Cause what we type into the records is accessible to the CA and notes I believe can be altered.

I ever caught a CA typing into the Drs notes saying Afeb and heart lungs clear. Pretending to be me.
 
Last edited:

DanielsaN8

Banned
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
103,711
Reaction score
7
Actually locums have very little protection. Cause what we type into the records is accessible to the CA and notes I believe can be altered.

If is a partnership, no wonder your partner is pissed that you quit halfway

He could be pissed hence say wanna took you to task but then is not as though you not willing to compensate or compromise

You might wanna seek advise from your peers, doc or christian friend on this matter
 

Linguist

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2017
Messages
12,930
Reaction score
6,460
her case is more than an employment contract (if she is not trolling). might be a business contract. a lot of things she chose to leave out saying to make herself look pitiful.

Totally agreed.
She already said the boss and company are quite understanding already.

I find pity with the boss and hopes he will never meet come across a similar partner/worker, after recovering all due expenses/LD from TS.

God bless the boss, and his wife.

Actually they r quite understanding. He said God bless after I said I want to resign with immediate effect. He never ask me to pay anything and said he will pay me. But he says I breached contract also and wants to seek legal advise and he advised me to do the same. My hubby tried to speak to him amicably to seek a resolution and my hubby says he wants some compensation.

I hope being fellow medical professionals and Christians. We can end this contract amicably and fairly.

I offered a deal of compensation. But he rejected it.
 

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
How come you offer compensation and he rejected it? Your boss is also a christian?

His rates r rather low. So may be difficult to find locums. So I help him by paying the increased rate but he doesn't want. Like instead of paying me S$80/hr. He pays someone to replace me at S$90/hr. And I pay the extra S$10.
 

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
If is a partnership, no wonder your partner is pissed that you quit halfway

He could be pissed hence say wanna took you to task but then is not as though you not willing to compensate or compromise

You might wanna seek advise from your peers, doc or christian friend on this matter

I only accepted this job because they told me new clinic very few patients but it was not true . In fact can be very busy. So I feel cheated. And I told him I need to bring contract back for hubby to see but he pressurised me to sign.
 

DanielsaN8

Banned
Joined
Jan 26, 2004
Messages
103,711
Reaction score
7
His rates r rather low. So may be difficult to find locums. So I help him by paying the increased rate but he doesn't want. Like instead of paying me S$80/hr. He pays someone to replace me at S$90/hr. And I pay the extra S$10.

Not to worry so much, is not crime, just breaking employment contract

Even if really bring you to task, the judge will either request you to fufilled the 3 mth tender or ask you compensate in terms of money

Next time better think twice prior to signing a contract or became a partner

Take this as a lesson, weight the pros and cons, if you can't take the stress and long hour, suggest you to be a Locum.

With your other investment, you should be good to go
 

mummy1234

Banned
Joined
Jan 30, 2014
Messages
17,103
Reaction score
31
If is a partnership, no wonder your partner is pissed that you quit halfway

He could be pissed hence say wanna took you to task but then is not as though you not willing to compensate or compromise

You might wanna seek advise from your peers, doc or christian friend on this matter

I am on probation for 3 months. I have a right to resign. It is unreasonable to have 3 monthd notice period. Usually it is 1-2 weeks. And I have a good reason to resign. For medical reasons. It was affecting my health.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top