ANZ Optimum World Mastercard

koja6049

Master Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2015
Messages
4,717
Reaction score
1
From a friend working in DBS. But not sure if the dates for redemption will be changed. The so-called 'official takeover' will be taking place in August (originally was late June).

all these hearsay but not official right? I never receive letter yet for the delay
 

vegavega25

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2016
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
127
I think the 19th June redemption of Optimum$ means even partial Optimum$ will be moved to DBS...

The ANZ website currently mentions that "unused Optimum$ will be transferred...". So yes that clearly means partial (that is less than Optimum$50 if that is what you mean) will be transferred over.

https://sg.anz.com/onlineapp/faces/optimum_rewards/redemption.jsp

it could be possible to redeem partial optimum$ or DBS$ when it moves to DBS. I dont think the 50 minimum limit will be kept in DBS.

One can speculate at this stage. No way to be sure one way or the other. I wouldn't count on the redemption program becoming overtly generous or flexible all of a sudden.

It all depends I suppose, as I've said earlier, on which existing DBS card this becomes or what the conditions are of the new DBS card this is transformed into. Easiest thing would be for DBS to just rebrand it and keep it the same, but I don't think the industry has seen too many examples of that and my reading is that DBS is considerably more conservative when it comes to rewards programs.

My statement closes on 16th. So I guess I should try my luck only upto the spends until 16th? Or should I risk it using this card until 19th? I have an overseas trip coming up from 12th to 20th Jun. I am wondering whether I should use this optimum or CIMB Visa platinum? There is potential to spend about $300 I guess on this trip. Currently I am at 34 optimum$.

Unless your statement date is 19 June or earlier, you will not be able to redeem your 12-20 June spending in the form of Optimum$. On non-bonus category overseas spending overall, I detest ANZ's markup and prefer CIMB's no forex fee.

If June 20 date for Optimum$s moving over does not change, I expect that we'll know the details of the new card/rewards program before then. And importantly, also what is the last date for earning Optimum$ under the current terms. If the two dates end up being the same - that is, on June 19 the current Optimum$ program ceases to exist, on June 20 it takes on a new form, and on June 20 all Optimum$s become DBS$ (or equivalent), then you should spend on Bonus categories etc. all the way until the 19th. Again we really should have this information beforehand, but who knows what they have planned.
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
The ANZ website currently mentions that "unused Optimum$ will be transferred...". So yes that clearly means partial (that is less than Optimum$50 if that is what you mean) will be transferred over.

https://sg.anz.com/onlineapp/faces/optimum_rewards/redemption.jsp



One can speculate at this stage. No way to be sure one way or the other. I wouldn't count on the redemption program becoming overtly generous or flexible all of a sudden.

It all depends I suppose, as I've said earlier, on which existing DBS card this becomes or what the conditions are of the new DBS card this is transformed into. Easiest thing would be for DBS to just rebrand it and keep it the same, but I don't think the industry has seen too many examples of that and my reading is that DBS is considerably more conservative when it comes to rewards programs.



Unless your statement date is 19 June or earlier, you will not be able to redeem your 12-20 June spending in the form of Optimum$. On non-bonus category overseas spending overall, I detest ANZ's markup and prefer CIMB's no forex fee.

If June 20 date for Optimum$s moving over does not change, I expect that we'll know the details of the new card/rewards program before then. And importantly, also what is the last date for earning Optimum$ under the current terms. If the two dates end up being the same - that is, on June 19 the current Optimum$ program ceases to exist, on June 20 it takes on a new form, and on June 20 all Optimum$s become DBS$ (or equivalent), then you should spend on Bonus categories etc. all the way until the 19th. Again we really should have this information beforehand, but who knows what they have planned.
It would be cheap for them to just move the Optimum$ to Daily$ and issue POSB Everyday card. If they choose not to issue an equivalent of the Optimum card, then it would be very difficult to differentiate between the daily$ earned via everyday card Vs the daily$ that was born out of Optimum$. This is why I think partial redemption will be possible.

If partial redemption is not possible, it will only occur in the scenario that they create a new optimum like credit card within DBS.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 

Hyphos

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
2,907
Reaction score
382
I have over 150 Optimum$ but I have no plans to use this card under the current quarter's spend catergory. I guess it would be better to leave it for DBS transfer than to redeem and leave it in the card as credits which I have no idea if I'll spend them?
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
I have over 150 Optimum$ but I have no plans to use this card under the current quarter's spend catergory. I guess it would be better to leave it for DBS transfer than to redeem and leave it in the card as credits which I have no idea if I'll spend them?

Why leave it for chance? You can charge $150 on your SP services bill using m-AXS Mastercard bill payment using this ANZ Optimum card. Any ways the SP services bill payment doesnt get you points in any credit cards, so might as well use it for clearing those optimum$s.

You never know whether Optimum$ will become daily$ or will they become DBS points. If they become Daily$ you will have to charge on your POSB Everyday card. If they become DBS points, you will have redeem it for vouchers and dollar cash is always better than vouchers.
 
Last edited:

Hyphos

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
2,907
Reaction score
382
Why leave it for chance? You can charge $150 on your SP services bill using m-AXS Mastercard bill payment using this ANZ Optimum card. Any ways the SP services bill payment doesnt get you points in any credit cards, so might as well use it for clearing those optimum$s.

You never know whether Optimum$ will become daily$ or will they become DBS points. If they become Daily$ you will have to charge on your POSB Everyday card. If they become DBS points, you will have redeem it for vouchers and dollar cash is always better than vouchers.

I'll welcome DBS points since I'm already collecting them for miles with DBS WWMC. If I get POSB Everyday card, at least I can use them for the card's rebates. If I use my ANZ Optimum card I'm getting 1% only for sure, that is if I can still get Optimum$ for my next statement.

I'm just asking to check if there's any thing I'm missing out on if I choose not to convert right now.
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
I was charged with annual fee in this statement. Called them and got it waived off successfully.
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
I'll welcome DBS points since I'm already collecting them for miles with DBS WWMC. If I get POSB Everyday card, at least I can use them for the card's rebates. If I use my ANZ Optimum card I'm getting 1% only for sure, that is if I can still get Optimum$ for my next statement.

I'm just asking to check if there's any thing I'm missing out on if I choose not to convert right now.

I guess, it should be okay then, based on the info we have so far.
 

kaysee

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2008
Messages
2,480
Reaction score
9
Why leave it for chance? You can charge $150 on your SP services bill using m-AXS Mastercard bill payment using this ANZ Optimum card. Any ways the SP services bill payment doesnt get you points in any credit cards, so might as well use it for clearing those optimum$s.

You never know whether Optimum$ will become daily$ or will they become DBS points. If they become Daily$ you will have to charge on your POSB Everyday card. If they become DBS points, you will have redeem it for vouchers and dollar cash is always better than vouchers.

I have over 150 Optimum$ but I have no plans to use this card under the current quarter's spend catergory. I guess it would be better to leave it for DBS transfer than to redeem and leave it in the card as credits which I have no idea if I'll spend them?

im wondering their latest promotion spend $200 get $10 back how is it gona be? not sure when they gona pay out the $100. The terms and conditioned mentioned they will payout to qualified members before 23 june, means by then gona convert over to DBS points liao?? :(
 

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2015
Messages
23,331
Reaction score
1,206
im wondering their latest promotion spend $200 get $10 back how is it gona be? not sure when they gona pay out the $100. The terms and conditioned mentioned they will payout to qualified members before 23 june, means by then gona convert over to DBS points liao?? :(

Likely to posb daily$ or something similar, not dbs point
 

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
12,206
Reaction score
2,669
im wondering their latest promotion spend $200 get $10 back how is it gona be? not sure when they gona pay out the $100. The terms and conditioned mentioned they will payout to qualified members before 23 june, means by then gona convert over to DBS points liao?? :(
I just read the full T&C. It says cash back will be awarded in Singapore dollars. Not optimum$

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top