Apple Watch Series 4

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,710
Reaction score
2,030
It’s not normal.
When charging, it should only turn on once, that is when you turn on the AC power. Other than that, it should not be turned on.

My Series 4 doesn’t have this issue.
Mine is cellular too.

Quick check, recently i notice that my 44mm series 4 cellular screen will turn on from time to time when charging. I am not sure but it happens generally after it is fully charged (100%). The screen will turn on showing the watch face and then show battery life (huge green circle with lighting in the middle) and finally turn screen off. Watch night stand mode is off and in airplane mode as well.

did not notice it happening to my previous series 2 which my wife is using currently.

anyone have the same symptoms? is it normal?
 

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
17,097
Reaction score
5,956
It could be the power surge from your electrical devices. Especially those connected to twin wall outlets.
My behaves the same.
Watch on one outlet and phone on other. Whenever, I place my phone on the wireless charger, the watch face lights up.
So far no issues
 

ixoral

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
1,236
Reaction score
59
Oh i didnt know about this, thanks for sharing.
I'm wearing the apple watch s4 now, but it's bought in japan as a gift. All along i thought with the original receipt, it's international warranty at our apple stores. So i'm good as long servicing within warranty is covered for in SG, doesnt matter if it gets exchanged to a local set or takes time for repair

It is generally international warranty however if there is a difference they might swap it for a local set if it needs replacement or they can do the repair but they will ship it to its origins for repair then send it back here for you to collect. This takes damn Long usually. The Worst case is that they will ask you to bring it to US for repair. Both cases has happened with iPhones bought in HK and serviced in SG.

Never tried before for Apple care.
 

alvino

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2001
Messages
1,446
Reaction score
83
Quick check, recently i notice that my 44mm series 4 cellular screen will turn on from time to time when charging. I am not sure but it happens generally after it is fully charged (100%). The screen will turn on showing the watch face and then show battery life (huge green circle with lighting in the middle) and finally turn screen off. Watch night stand mode is off and in airplane mode as well.

did not notice it happening to my previous series 2 which my wife is using currently.

anyone have the same symptoms? is it normal?

Hmmm other that potentially electrical problem.

It’ could be simply becos your charger or stand or your Apple Watch is placed on or near shakey surface/table. Or near speakers with bassy operation.

It’s supposed to wake on detection of vibration. Could that be the case?
 

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
17,097
Reaction score
5,956
Hmmm other that potentially electrical problem.

It’ could be simply becos your charger or stand or your Apple Watch is placed on or near shakey surface/table. Or near speakers with bassy operation.

It’s supposed to wake on detection of vibration. Could that be the case?

That is a much better possibility than my power surge theory.
Will test it out :D
 

ktinos

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
2
Hmmm other that potentially electrical problem.

It’ could be simply becos your charger or stand or your Apple Watch is placed on or near shakey surface/table. Or near speakers with bassy operation.

It’s supposed to wake on detection of vibration. Could that be the case?

Thought about it before, but when i try to shake the table, I am not able to wake it. I have turned night stand mode off as well. it just turns on when it feels like it. Only thing is I am using a Rav power charger with it. maybe I try swapping to a apple charger.
 

alvino

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2001
Messages
1,446
Reaction score
83
Thought about it before, but when i try to shake the table, I am not able to wake it. I have turned night stand mode off as well. it just turns on when it feels like it. Only thing is I am using a Rav power charger with it. maybe I try swapping to a apple charger.
i see i think the only other way is to change new charger to test. good luck
 

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
17,097
Reaction score
5,956
Thought about it before, but when i try to shake the table, I am not able to wake it. I have turned night stand mode off as well. it just turns on when it feels like it. Only thing is I am using a Rav power charger with it. maybe I try swapping to a apple charger.

I tested it again and it was really due to vibration picked up by the watch when I contact the table. A hard tap will wake the watch
 

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,710
Reaction score
2,030
Need some advise here

I want to get the Milense loop for my Apple Watch, don’t know if I should get the 3rd party or the one original from Apple.

I saw the X-Doria one it costs like $75 whereas Apple one costs $229.

I have the 42mm milense loop from Series 3 and I tried on my Apple Watch Series 4, it was a bit lose, scared later wear halfway drop out.

Any experts can advise me please thanks
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Need some advise here

I want to get the Milense loop for my Apple Watch, don’t know if I should get the 3rd party or the one original from Apple.

I saw the X-Doria one it costs like $75 whereas Apple one costs $229.

I have the 42mm milense loop from Series 3 and I tried on my Apple Watch Series 4, it was a bit lose, scared later wear halfway drop out.

Any experts can advise me please thanks

SMLJ is a bit loose?! Both series 3 (42mm) and 4 (44mm) can fit the Apple Original milanese loop with no issue at all.
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
Need some advise here

I want to get the Milense loop for my Apple Watch, don’t know if I should get the 3rd party or the one original from Apple.

I saw the X-Doria one it costs like $75 whereas Apple one costs $229.

I have the 42mm milense loop from Series 3 and I tried on my Apple Watch Series 4, it was a bit lose, scared later wear halfway drop out.

Any experts can advise me please thanks

SMLJ is a bit loose?! Both series 3 (42mm) and 4 (44mm) can fit the Apple Original milanese loop with no issue at all.

True. I’ve been using the original Milanese Loop since first gen Apple Watch until now (Series 4) and no such thing as being loose, unless you’re using a 3rd party one.

My advice is to get the original one, until now mine’s still looking as good as new and the magnet’s still very strong.
 

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,710
Reaction score
2,030
Thanks. The loose one is 3rd party, not from Apple. So I should go get the original one from Apple.

I read from reviews they also say get the original one

True. I’ve been using the original Milanese Loop since first gen Apple Watch until now (Series 4) and no such thing as being loose, unless you’re using a 3rd party one.

My advice is to get the original one, until now mine’s still looking as good as new and the magnet’s still very strong.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,151
Reaction score
3,184
Need some advise here

I want to get the Milense loop for my Apple Watch, don’t know if I should get the 3rd party or the one original from Apple.

I saw the X-Doria one it costs like $75 whereas Apple one costs $229.

I have the 42mm milense loop from Series 3 and I tried on my Apple Watch Series 4, it was a bit lose, scared later wear halfway drop out.

Any experts can advise me please thanks
Don't waste time with 3rd party Milanese Loop. Waste of money (despite cheap) and time. The original one has more worth.
 

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,710
Reaction score
2,030
Yea, will feel a bit heart pain but I think it’s worth it.

The spots band didn’t fit well for me, only the Milanese loop fits well

Don't waste time with 3rd party Milanese Loop. Waste of money (despite cheap) and time. The original one has more worth.
 

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
5,113
Reaction score
47
Looking to buy Series 4 cellular model, please pm if selling.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top