Apple Watch Series 4

jonathanljk

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2009
Messages
1,090
Reaction score
0
It is generally international warranty however if there is a difference they might swap it for a local set if it needs replacement or they can do the repair but they will ship it to its origins for repair then send it back here for you to collect. This takes damn Long usually. The Worst case is that they will ask you to bring it to US for repair. Both cases has happened with iPhones bought in HK and serviced in SG.

Never tried before for Apple care.

Taking time is ok with me but having to physically bring it to US is the problem. I think I’ll try calling Apple Sg to get AppleCare so that at least I know for sure I can send it in in sg.

Thanks for your help! :)
 

yes1705

Master Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
3,173
Reaction score
0
https://alivecor.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015719967-Is-Kardia-available-in-my-Country-
Kardia made consumer ECG watch straps for Apple Watch and have their personal consumet ECG device, before Apple Watch Series 4.
Looking at this list, Singapore did not support nor approve the use of consumer ECG devices by Kardia.
Since Kardia has been around longer, I am skeptical we will get it in on SG Apple Watch Series 4 in the next 24 months, no thanks to the upcoming national elections. More probably so in the next five years, to win new voters to support the ruling party's policies for allowing consumer ECG devices.
 

alvino

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2001
Messages
1,446
Reaction score
83
https://alivecor.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015719967-Is-Kardia-available-in-my-Country-
Kardia made consumer ECG watch straps for Apple Watch and have their personal consumet ECG device, before Apple Watch Series 4.
Looking at this list, Singapore did not support nor approve the use of consumer ECG devices by Kardia.
Since Kardia has been around longer, I am skeptical we will get it in on SG Apple Watch Series 4 in the next 24 months, no thanks to the upcoming national elections. More probably so in the next five years, to win new voters to support the ruling party's policies for allowing consumer ECG devices.
typical opp party thinking. think too much.

u think the ruling party playing with marbles? control so many mini micro details until ECG? and use it as ammunition to win / lose votes? HSA's job just blame the departments or sub department doing it. or the boss of their.

life's gonna be so unnecessarily difficult for you man if you always think this way!

just to highlight did you ever think how many apple iphone users are there, then the subset of how many percent use an apple watch, then subset it again, how many own an applewatch4, and then further subset it again how many ppl own it and bothered by it, then further subset it again how many not intelligient applewatch owner will actually throw a vote based on ECG function!?

PS: i am as sour as you for still not getting ECG. but thinking your way its really too extreme IMO
 

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,710
Reaction score
2,030
Previously I use series 3 LTE, now transfer to series 4 LTE. Singtel still charge $10.70 for activation fee? Wow
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Previously I use series 3 LTE, now transfer to series 4 LTE. Singtel still charge $10.70 for activation fee? Wow

Yes because it’s consider a new device so there will be re-activation charges since it uses eSIM.
 

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,710
Reaction score
2,030
Apple Watch LTE can receive WhatsApp notifications when disconnected from the phone?
 

keltong

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
540
Reaction score
0
Apple Watch LTE can receive WhatsApp notifications when disconnected from the phone?

I tried with my phone in airplane mode and received nothing. But I vaguelt remember I went for run I receive whatsapp, but I could be wrong. So my guess is if the phone is on but out of range from watch, the watch will still received. But I will have to do a test again to confirm.
 

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,710
Reaction score
2,030
You went for a run did you bring your phone?

I ask cause sometimes lazy to bring my work phone so just bring 1 phone and use.

I tried with my phone in airplane mode and received nothing. But I vaguelt remember I went for run I receive whatsapp, but I could be wrong. So my guess is if the phone is on but out of range from watch, the watch will still received. But I will have to do a test again to confirm.
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
I tried with my phone in airplane mode and received nothing. But I vaguelt remember I went for run I receive whatsapp, but I could be wrong. So my guess is if the phone is on but out of range from watch, the watch will still received. But I will have to do a test again to confirm.

WhatsApp needs the phone to be connected. The phone is the hub for all things WhatsApp. The phone is the only thing able to send and receive messages. That they even on desktops you need the phone connected to network cause they talk between each other.

It is just how WhatsApp is designed.
 

keltong

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
540
Reaction score
0
You went for a run did you bring your phone?

I ask cause sometimes lazy to bring my work phone so just bring 1 phone and use.

Ok...I just did another experiment. My phone remains turned on but I left it in my car.

Than I walk away to more then 30m till I see the connection on my Apple Watch turn from white (connect to phone) to green (connect to LTE).

I made a call via my apple watch and asked my friend to send me a few whatsapp msg and I managed to receive them. I even manage to reply and got a reply back that he sees my msg too.

This does not work when the phone is turned off or in airplane mode.

So my thought is even though it is not connected in close proximity, as long as both devices are turned on, there is still a remote connection between the 2.

And to answer your questions, I don't bring my phone anymore when I go running.
 

keltong

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
540
Reaction score
0

phayze

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2000
Messages
5,286
Reaction score
233
If we factory reset cellular watch with number share activated, do we still need to unsubscribe and subscribe number share again?
 

Glariel

Banned
Joined
Feb 21, 2018
Messages
26,710
Reaction score
2,030
Ya lor
I was using series 3 last year with number share subscribed, then change to series 4 last week, called Singtel they say new watch need to activate that’s why the charge.

They even ask Apple staff to talk to me when I called them
 

ngsoonle

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2001
Messages
9,914
Reaction score
40
Based on past history, AW5 will be same screen size and watch size as AW4. Probably only add better processor and some new functionality, watch colour maybe?
 

ktinos

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2002
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
2
Quick check, recently i notice that my 44mm series 4 cellular screen will turn on from time to time when charging. I am not sure but it happens generally after it is fully charged (100%). The screen will turn on showing the watch face and then show battery life (huge green circle with lighting in the middle) and finally turn screen off. Watch night stand mode is off and in airplane mode as well.

did not notice it happening to my previous series 2 which my wife is using currently.

anyone have the same symptoms? is it normal?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top