Apple Watch Series 4

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,223
Reaction score
311

That's what they said about eSIM for iPhones too! :crazy:

Apple Watch : Since Cellular Series 3 was introduced
iPhone eSIM : Since iPhone XS (MAX) Release.

yeah man eSIM : M1 Only no news from Starhub/SingTel
Apple/Google Pay Transit: April 2019 (master).Visa later of the year..
ECG: 2020 ?

Yea I know the transit is coming. But man the timeline though :s13:
 
Last edited:

PetPet

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
95,223
Reaction score
311
eSIM support for AW is now available for StarHub.

Sign up now at $6/month. Plus, enjoy FREE 1GB monthly on top of your existing data bundle. Details at starhub.com/numbershare.
 

manofsorrows

Master Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2015
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
687
I got this sms from Singtel. Heng ah.....i am in my 2nd month.

Dear customer, your NumberShare plan has been successfully cancelled.
If your NumberShare plan has been cancelled between the 4th to 12th month contract period, an early termination charge will be reflected on your next bill.
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
anyway, apple watch cannot measure sleep?

how long it can last per charge?

Officially no. There are apps that do it.

Depends on your usage, apps installed and your settings.

Some people trigger the raise to wake more than others, some people turn on raise to speak and some don’t turn on the fitness tracking.

I do turn it all on and I can go comfortably into 2 days without changing.
 

koganei123

Master Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2018
Messages
4,397
Reaction score
35
Officially no. There are apps that do it.

Depends on your usage, apps installed and your settings.

Some people trigger the raise to wake more than others, some people turn on raise to speak and some don’t turn on the fitness tracking.

I do turn it all on and I can go comfortably into 2 days without changing.

oic

going to get one after being disappointed by Fitbit which is super lousy
 

slugzz

Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2002
Messages
261
Reaction score
0
Officially no. There are apps that do it.

Depends on your usage, apps installed and your settings.

Some people trigger the raise to wake more than others, some people turn on raise to speak and some don’t turn on the fitness tracking.

I do turn it all on and I can go comfortably into 2 days without changing.

oic

going to get one after being disappointed by Fitbit which is super lousy

If you wish to track sleep, then battery life that lasts several days is important because you don't wish to miss a sleep data point every 1 or 2 days just because you need to charge the Apple Watch overnight and can't wear it to sleep.

It is precisely because of Apple Watch's limited battery life (~1 day for series 0 and about ~2 days for series 4), that I bought a Fitbit Charge 3 to track my sleep and resting heart rate. Fitbit Charge 3 battery lasts 7 days so I have 7 full days of tracking data before a full charge of an hour lasts another 7 days. My fitbit is with me 24x7 and only comes off once a week for a 1 hour charge.

So I wear both an Apple Watch and a Fitbit Charge 3. The Apple Watch for notifications, calendar and other daytime productivity tasks, while the fitbit as my health tracker - tracking my resting heart rate, sleep data, and steps.

I wish for the day when the Apple Watch can last a full week on a single charge but that's a long time from now. Until then, Fitbit fills the gap.
 

spidercyj

Master Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2014
Messages
3,041
Reaction score
513
If you wish to track sleep, then battery life that lasts several days is important because you don't wish to miss a sleep data point every 1 or 2 days just because you need to charge the Apple Watch overnight and can't wear it to sleep.

It is precisely because of Apple Watch's limited battery life (~1 day for series 0 and about ~2 days for series 4), that I bought a Fitbit Charge 3 to track my sleep and resting heart rate. Fitbit Charge 3 battery lasts 7 days so I have 7 full days of tracking data before a full charge of an hour lasts another 7 days. My fitbit is with me 24x7 and only comes off once a week for a 1 hour charge.

So I wear both an Apple Watch and a Fitbit Charge 3. The Apple Watch for notifications, calendar and other daytime productivity tasks, while the fitbit as my health tracker - tracking my resting heart rate, sleep data, and steps.

I wish for the day when the Apple Watch can last a full week on a single charge but that's a long time from now. Until then, Fitbit fills the gap.

I normally charge when I get home at about 9pm Everyday and then take it off and wear at 12. It requires some kind of discipline but that’s how’s I use it
 

slugzz

Member
Joined
Jul 28, 2002
Messages
261
Reaction score
0
I normally charge when I get home at about 9pm Everyday and then take it off and wear at 12. It requires some kind of discipline but that’s how’s I use it

Yes I charge my Apple Watch overnight as well when I go to sleep. That's why the Apple Watch can't be used to track sleep stages (awake, REM, light, deep) or 24hrs heart rate monitoring trend including daily resting heart rate.
 

alvino

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2001
Messages
1,446
Reaction score
83
I normally charge when I get home at about 9pm Everyday and then take it off and wear at 12. It requires some kind of discipline but that’s how’s I use it
Dude I did that as welll. Anyway reach home put my wallet put my watch to charge. Just on the way. Way before sleeping it’s fully charge to track sleep and last the next whole day
 

jonathanljk

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2009
Messages
1,090
Reaction score
0
Hi, just got a 44mm GPS from qoo10 but it’s acrually a US set. Can I check if anyone is aware if Apple Watch has international warranty? Got it for $480 which is quite a significant discount.

Also, anyone tried getting AppleCare in sg for non sg sets?

Thanks!
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
Hi, just got a 44mm GPS from qoo10 but it’s acrually a US set. Can I check if anyone is aware if Apple Watch has international warranty? Got it for $480 which is quite a significant discount.

Also, anyone tried getting AppleCare in sg for non sg sets?

Thanks!

It is generally international warranty however if there is a difference they might swap it for a local set if it needs replacement or they can do the repair but they will ship it to its origins for repair then send it back here for you to collect. This takes damn Long usually. The Worst case is that they will ask you to bring it to US for repair. Both cases has happened with iPhones bought in HK and serviced in SG.

Never tried before for Apple care.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top