Apple Watch Series 4

joelhaw

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
772
Reaction score
9
I am looking at getting the Aluminium, 44mm iwatch. But in a dilemma whether to get GPS or with LTE as well, I am with M1, unsure for now if they will activate e-SIM in the very near future. Any suggestions for those who falls into this group?
 

mackie8

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
2,338
Reaction score
1
LTE aluminum still available in orchard... gps no more im trying to change my gps to new one but no stock so ended up refunding it....

I have gold SS on backorder for mid oct... its been a week watchless...
Sold my SS S3
 

Calvin83

Senior Member
Joined
May 7, 2001
Messages
1,978
Reaction score
1
Went to Nubox to have a look at S4 and I have to say it does indeed look like Fitbit Versa.

Just bought my S3 LTE in gold 2 months ago after my S2 Nike+ died on me. Wanted to get the S4 gold aluminium till I saw the SS gold, was blown away by how chio it is. No stock in Nubox, so I immediately went to Apple Store Online and ordered one. The wait is an agonising 3 to 4 weeks!!

BTW, I've been using Apple Watch since it was launched, and have used both the stainless steel and aluminium. For people who intend to use it for sports, the additional weight on the stainless steel can definitely be felt, especially when running.
 

wolfverine88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2010
Messages
780
Reaction score
22
For those who use the AW as a watch to do sports, any thoughts of have it SS versus aluminum? Couple of considerations: (i) weight; (ii) easily scratched?

Feedback appreciated.
 

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
7,261
Reaction score
373
For those who use the AW as a watch to do sports, any thoughts of have it SS versus aluminum? Couple of considerations: (i) weight; (ii) easily scratched?

Feedback appreciated.

Apple specialist told me best to go aluminum if you do very active sport and doesn’t care much of the appearance of the watch. :)
 

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
7,261
Reaction score
373
I am looking at getting the Aluminium, 44mm iwatch. But in a dilemma whether to get GPS or with LTE as well, I am with M1, unsure for now if they will activate e-SIM in the very near future. Any suggestions for those who falls into this group?

I am with M1 but since I ordered SS version, no choice will have LTE. M1 once commented they will look into it if there is a demand. Guess it will still take a while.
 

jeffprobst

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Messages
88,928
Reaction score
13,614
Ain't it the more you still get ss if you doing sport cause more durable?

Apple specialist told me best to go aluminum if you do very active sport and doesn’t care much of the appearance of the watch. :)
 

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2002
Messages
7,261
Reaction score
373
Ain't it the more you still get ss if you doing sport cause more durable?

For active sports, you would want your watch to be as light as possible so that you don’t feel it. No doubt the aluminum will pick up more scratches so you should care too much about appearance if you choose that.
 

saggice

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
2,257
Reaction score
137
i have used both before for sports
the weight is just slightly more for SS, not noticeable. Just get a sports strap ready.

The plus point is SS also looks well and pro in your business shirts whereas aluminium may looks abit casual.

For those who use the AW as a watch to do sports, any thoughts of have it SS versus aluminum? Couple of considerations: (i) weight; (ii) easily scratched?

Feedback appreciated.
 

klho001

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2005
Messages
600
Reaction score
0
There is one misconception I think should be cleared up. While AL is a softer metal compared to ss, I've find the ss version to show scratches much easily (silver to silver). The ss is shiny so any scratches will show up whereas the Al is matt finish so it will hide it better. I've had both and over a year the AL definitely looks better. And I want my AW for sports and everyday wear so for me the choice is clear.
 

rza29

Master Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2000
Messages
3,158
Reaction score
13
Series 0 space grey AL watch scratches for u all to see

The back condition quite bad and I wonder why there are so many chips behind. I am using a watch stand for charging


No flash
9fGDH7K.jpg

sgwA77d.jpg


With flash
YClb3uA.jpg

MQvFlGL.jpg

4AZjOZC.jpg
 

Spongebob79

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2015
Messages
821
Reaction score
13
I had the same problem with the first Apple Watch which I think is series 0. I brought it for exchange as it was covered with Apple care warranty. They mentioned coating problem. The exchange one didn’t had the same problem. It’s not due to charging stand.

Series 0 space grey AL watch scratches for u all to see

The back condition quite bad and I wonder why there are so many chips behind. I am using a watch stand for charging


No flash
9fGDH7K.jpg

sgwA77d.jpg


With flash
YClb3uA.jpg

MQvFlGL.jpg

4AZjOZC.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top