Ask a Bicycle Question - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoLogicLah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2011
Messages
11,051
Reaction score
211
Is it worth while to spend 10k on a new bike?

Depends on ur usage, spending power or wether or nt is it ur first bike

I have a number of frens with bikes costing close to or over 10k.

A 10k bike shld give u full dura ace grp set with a good carbon frame n carbon wheels
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,225
Reaction score
3,692
Is it worth while to spend 10k on a new bike?
Depends how deep u are into the hobby. Some people ride almost everyday, some people only once a week, fortnightly or monthly. Some with purpose of commute, some for leisure, some for sports/health, some for racing etc. Some are rich with high spending power, some can hardly let ends meet. There are so many factors to determine whether something is worthy or not. So how to answer u?

Last time I always buy the latest high end phones. Now I only buy low or mid range phones like mi 4i. I don't see why I should spend 1k for a phone.

Also I am into photography. I have several system cameras and spending into the tens of thousands. I find it worth last time, but over the years I find them waste of money. But I am still spending unnecessary until this day.

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 
Last edited:

cz287cj

Senior Member
Joined
May 31, 2012
Messages
1,370
Reaction score
9
First ? No ... normally those who spend that amount have own 1 bike at least

If you're asking how to spend 10k I think you're in the wrong forum

Sent from Asus ASUS_T00P using GAGT

I have one cheap bike <$100 which I used daily for my work. I have also ride a $1k bike. the performance is a lot better than my cheap bike.

i think of getting a new bike for my weekend cycling and i saw online bikes selling at $10k. other than those hardcore or racers, does it make sense to buy as i love to go for speed when i cycle.
 

Jay Bee

Banned
Joined
Jan 31, 2013
Messages
43,120
Reaction score
2
Depends on ur usage, spending power or wether or nt is it ur first bike

I have a number of frens with bikes costing close to or over 10k.

A 10k bike shld give u full dura ace grp set with a good carbon frame n carbon wheels

i think your bike is ~10k now rite? with the upgrades you made.

So is it better to 1 shot buy 10k or slowly up?
 

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2001
Messages
6,986
Reaction score
477
Bright enough for what?

It's bright enough for others to see you, whether it is bright enough for you to see by is another question.

Bright enough for normal use in Singapore?

I am interested in "front brake mount" lights recently, got any good recommendation?
 

rarenick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2008
Messages
26,225
Reaction score
3,692
I have one cheap bike <$100 which I used daily for my work. I have also ride a $1k bike. the performance is a lot better than my cheap bike.

i think of getting a new bike for my weekend cycling and i saw online bikes selling at $10k. other than those hardcore or racers, does it make sense to buy as i love to go for speed when i cycle.
U should get a motorcycle

Sent from Xiaomi MI 4I using GAGT
 

NoLogicLah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2011
Messages
11,051
Reaction score
211
i think your bike is ~10k now rite? with the upgrades you made.

So is it better to 1 shot buy 10k or slowly up?

Abt there bah. See ur budget lor. Hard to throw the 10k on full bike. N my bike not full dura ace yet.

Only cassette n brakes are dura ace
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
Bright enough for normal use in Singapore?

I am interested in "front brake mount" lights recently, got any good recommendation?

Well, the one posted is good enough for normal use. The street lights are quite good on most roads. The lights are not good enough to see by on PCNs but they are more than enough for others to see you.

Most "front brake mount" lights are dyno-powered though which means more cash needed.
 

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Joined
May 5, 2009
Messages
34,172
Reaction score
3,184
Anyone have any idea if local shops sell this kind of mtb shoes? Where the sole is completely flat kind.
kSORfpll.jpg


Sent from a place where the sun don't shine without using GAGT
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top